AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by nagpo »

Love the art and album title

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I'm glad that Myles doesn't look malnourished on the band photo again. He seems to be generally in good shape. At least that's what I judge from his perfomances with Slash.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Seriously though, this album art is stunning and arguably the best album art they've had, IMO.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I really dig it! Not as cartoonish as TLH

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

chtimixeur wrote:Right now, as I type this, I can't think of a 14 song album that is incredible from top to bottom.
The Ataris - So Long, Astoria

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Marshall wrote:Some HQ pictures:

New hi-res promo :) click through to see the full-sized. 6720 x 4480

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

chtimixeur wrote:Right now, as I type this, I can't think of a 14 song album that is incredible from top to bottom.
Tremonti - A Dying Machine
Alter Bridge - ABIII
Both Velvet Revolver albums were 13 songs each and were fantastic front to back.

The guys have stated in the past about not making albums too long, so it should be a positive thing. It means they thought that all the songs were too good to take off the album.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/mark-t ... ourselves/

Here is the link to the article that is featured in the new Kerrang issue

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

This has got me excited:
In regard to the rest of Alter Bridge’s discography, Mark says that frontman Myles Kennedy called it “the answer to” 2010 album AB III. Oooooh…

“It’s hard to completely get away from who we are – the same four guys in the band – but everyone who’s heard the record says it has its own personality and doesn’t sound like any particular Alter Bridge record,” reveals Mark. “But that being said, it’s familiar Alter Bridge territory, and Myles has said it’s kind of the answer to AB III. That was a very brooding and dark lyrical record, whereas this one is the yang to the yin of that. AB III was kind of about a loss of faith and not believing, Myles was having a dark moment in that time and he wrote the majority of the lyrics. This is more of an enlightening, Zen kind of record – it’s not a preachy record by any means, it’s more of a free-spirited kind of thing.”

Expanding on specific songs and the material on the album that pushes the boundaries of what an Alter Bridge track can be, Mark elaborates: “Godspeed is probably my favourite track, and that one, more than any other when I play it for other people, they say, ‘That’s your song? I wouldn’t have guessed it.’ Right off the bat it sounds like a different band for a moment, and that’s exciting to me. That’s what I was trying to do – that’s what I was chasing.”

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

MidnightToker wrote:This has got me excited:
In regard to the rest of Alter Bridge’s discography, Mark says that frontman Myles Kennedy called it “the answer to” 2010 album AB III. Oooooh…

“It’s hard to completely get away from who we are – the same four guys in the band – but everyone who’s heard the record says it has its own personality and doesn’t sound like any particular Alter Bridge record,” reveals Mark. “But that being said, it’s familiar Alter Bridge territory, and Myles has said it’s kind of the answer to AB III. That was a very brooding and dark lyrical record, whereas this one is the yang to the yin of that. AB III was kind of about a loss of faith and not believing, Myles was having a dark moment in that time and he wrote the majority of the lyrics. This is more of an enlightening, Zen kind of record – it’s not a preachy record by any means, it’s more of a free-spirited kind of thing.”

Expanding on specific songs and the material on the album that pushes the boundaries of what an Alter Bridge track can be, Mark elaborates: “Godspeed is probably my favourite track, and that one, more than any other when I play it for other people, they say, ‘That’s your song? I wouldn’t have guessed it.’ Right off the bat it sounds like a different band for a moment, and that’s exciting to me. That’s what I was trying to do – that’s what I was chasing.”
Fuck. Yes.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

MidnightToker wrote:This has got me excited:

Very cool piece of information there. Definitely intrigued by that!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yes. This is very encouraging.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm excited about the first part in that article, about the loops and how they built some songs with those in the background.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Really hoping they do some sort of single teaser (20-30 sec) by the end of this week or something. Surely they've gotta give us something to help hype the release next Friday..fingers crossed!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Ah man, I like the depressing stuff.
For all of the hope that it brings...

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Same here brother

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Ubik wrote:Ah man, I like the depressing stuff.
Same.

RikJohannsen
Bought The CDs

Post by RikJohannsen »

Ubik wrote:Ah man, I like the depressing stuff.
All hail depression :lol

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

"Retro" and "old school synth vibe" sound absolutely terrible. Very concerned over what this is going to sound like now.

RikJohannsen
Bought The CDs

Post by RikJohannsen »

WaywardOne wrote:"Retro" and "old school synth vibe" sound absolutely terrible. Very concerned over what this is going to sound like now.
But why? I would love to hear AB try some new territory. Expand the game a little, gain some new fans across the globe.