AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by One Drew Remains »

Love everything about it so far. Love that they are keeping the same color scheme as the last two records.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I just realised. STAR WARS CONCEPT ALBUM. I am now emotionally committed to this.
For all of the hope that it brings...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

That makes all kinds of sense. Mark and the boys were exiled to escape the dark lord Stapp. And they were United with the one who would bring balance and power to rock.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Oh crap now I think we're all emotionally committed to this :lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Is this going to be the AB6 equivalent of the “moose” from the last record?

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

What the heck is AB's management thinking? Why would they sit on all of this information while letting it go to print somewhere, thus letting some dude with filthy hands leak it? They should have been first on this.

Oh by the way, awesome title and cool cover art. Way way way better than that dumb Last Hero cover.

RikJohannsen
Bought The CDs

Post by RikJohannsen »

Will the AB-website be updated on friday as well?!

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

EDIT:

Last edited by Marshall on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

A single tomorrow may be unlikely... Four months until the record drops... BUT! If the band releases four singles before the album is out, that might mean one song a month until the 18th of October!

TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TheEndisHere »

I agree @uninvitedzero. I think it is fairly common for bands to put out single/month 3-4 months ahead of time nowadays

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

oof, dat post from TT. i mean, i totally understand his point of view.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

What do we think walk the sky means??

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

I understand Tim's point, but how'd a leak like that slip past management and end up in a damn magazine?

It's one thing if some douche-canoe torrent leaks the album the week it's to be released... But a full page in a magazine months beforehand? Odd...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I, too, understands Tim's frustrations about the leak from a managerial perspective. That stated, these magazines for tour announcements are always there for people at Download to obtain on the very earliest, the Wednesday before the festival begins. We knew at some point it's highly likely AB will tour the UK again at some point at the end of the year and that it was highly likely (given their popularity in the UK) that they will be on this magazine. People do have phones and they do want to share this news to other AB UK fans and then since we are in the modern age, it's going to spread like wildfire. They could have just announced everything before the magazine was created, but I'm sure the promoters probably wanted them to hold off the tour announcement of it until after Slash/Myles/Conspirators play Download (but even promoters should have had the foresight that this kind of leak may happen as well).

Not really much anyone can do about it and something like an album title and tour announcement, people will not keep their mouth shuts for long. I guess the official news will be announced on Friday?

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

It better be... Hahaha

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

It didn’t go past management since management made it so there’s promotion for the new album in this magazine coming out on the 21st of June.

This magazine probably has a bunch of other infos about other bands tour. And Janus management (TT’s company) wanted to promote AB new album and tour in this magazine

The magazine was supposed to be on sale on the 21st of June. So the album and tour announcement was planned for before that day (probably tomorrow!). But unfortunately, someone working in the magazine printing company or sth like that, posted the picture before the intended sale date (21 June) and therefore leaked the album before AB’s planner official announcement (probably this Friday)

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

DarkKnight12 wrote: The magazine was supposed to be on sale on the 21st of June. So the album and tour announcement was planned for before that day (probably tomorrow!).
Or tomorrow in one week, which would be June 21st.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Wow. I understand TT's frustration. But that tweet isn't very professional. If I were the band, I wouldn't be happy about either.
Altered:

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I get that it's annoying, but it's 2019... If you're managing a band you should be prepared to properly deal with leaks.

If you don't have an emergency iTunes link ready in case the album leaks a few weeks ahead of the advertised release date, you're not managing the band to their advantage.

Same thing here. The moment this got out they should've made it official. Possible with some extra information to overshadow the leak.

But instead of giving it a positive twist and feeding the hype, it gets turned into something negative.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

It's the internet. Of course it's gotta be something negative!