AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TheEndisHere
TABN.com Citizen

Re: AB VI Studio/Recording Thread

Post by TheEndisHere »

I was hoping July/ August. Been preparing myself by listening to AB & Tremonti songs that I aren't the old standbyes.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

It'll be out the usual July/August time frame I'd assume.
For all of the hope that it brings...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Pretty sure AtP was early August.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Alter Bridge
From Brian - AB6 recording and mixing complete. Album artwork looking sick! Can not wait for you all to hear this.

I'm assuming that's not the artwork.
For all of the hope that it brings...

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

I would assume not too. So mixing is done, that means mastering in next? Cool to hear Brian is enthusiastic about the artwork.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

YES!!!! Mastering is always super quick. Surprised artwork is already done too.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Brian not only plays Bass on the record, he also sings it, wrote it, co-produced it, and is mastering it as well. Truly a gifted musician. The real talent behind AB.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

So that's what it really stood for!

Post by gbruin »

AB = All Brian
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: So that's what it really stood for!

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

nagpo wrote:Brian not only plays Bass on the record, he also sings it, wrote it, co-produced it, and is mastering it as well. Truly a gifted musician. The real talent behind AB.
gbruin wrote:AB = All Brian
No... no.

In fact, Brian Marshall must go.

/s

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I love those wacky tangential threads. Moose.

Post by gbruin »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
nagpo wrote:Brian not only plays Bass on the record, he also sings it, wrote it, co-produced it, and is mastering it as well. Truly a gifted musician. The real talent behind AB.
gbruin wrote:AB = All Brian
No... no.

In fact, Brian Marshall must go.

/s
:lol Yeah, that's right!! Why is that dude still hanging around?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I hope the artwork ends up having the "red smoke" background they're using on their website right now. Looks sick.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Last time I remember Brian hyping an album up was Fortress. I remember him using the word "cerebral" on a facebook post, so this is exciting seeing him be this excited. At least I don't remember him posting much, if at all, during the last hero prior to release. I could be totally wrong! Kind of get the sense overall "live wise" after some time they weren't to thrilled about the last hero....barely keeping songs consistently in rotation outside of SMAL and Crows. Not including TWOTW which was used as the cycle opener.
Last edited by JGremore on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RikJohannsen
Bought The CDs

Post by RikJohannsen »

I have to disagree. AB tried almost every song live from TLH except Cradle (atleast I haven't seen it anywhere). Writing, Leader, Champion, Other Side were the tracks they always played. Plus changing through Poison, Crows, Hero and so on. I don't quite understand why TLH gets so much shitstorm lately... to me it's one of my fave's, right after Fortress. These tracks are almost perfect for live performance ("Poison" for the perfect example). I really hope they kept pushing for the "Cry"-Tunes, the "Blackbird"-Arrangements and the "Fortress"-Experiments. Peeks and valleys, heavy and ballad, fast and slow and so on and so on...

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Just hoping the record is a solid AB record that the guys really enjoyed making.
Thanks Andy!

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

RikJohannsen wrote:I have to disagree. AB tried almost every song live from TLH except Cradle (atleast I haven't seen it anywhere). Writing, Leader, Champion, Other Side were the tracks they always played. Plus changing through Poison, Crows, Hero and so on. I don't quite understand why TLH gets so much shitstorm lately... to me it's one of my fave's, right after Fortress. These tracks are almost perfect for live performance ("Poison" for the perfect example). I really hope they kept pushing for the "Cry"-Tunes, the "Blackbird"-Arrangements and the "Fortress"-Experiments. Peeks and valleys, heavy and ballad, fast and slow and so on and so on...
Sorry should have been more clear, I meant more of a consistent bases. I actually don' think poison was played outside of the first couple of dates during the first 16 euro run. They always have a handful of songs per album they never play live. The last hero was Cradle, Losing Patience, You Will Be Remembered, and Twilight. The Other Side was played every now and then in the states but not much. The Last Hero picked up some steam towards the end of their last tour along with Island of Fools which was great to see! I think with the next album majority of the songs will be nixed on a consistent rotation other than show me a leader. I believe they'll throw in the other songs from this album every now and then but not often.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

JGremore wrote:
RikJohannsen wrote:I have to disagree. AB tried almost every song live from TLH except Cradle (atleast I haven't seen it anywhere). Writing, Leader, Champion, Other Side were the tracks they always played. Plus changing through Poison, Crows, Hero and so on. I don't quite understand why TLH gets so much shitstorm lately... to me it's one of my fave's, right after Fortress. These tracks are almost perfect for live performance ("Poison" for the perfect example). I really hope they kept pushing for the "Cry"-Tunes, the "Blackbird"-Arrangements and the "Fortress"-Experiments. Peeks and valleys, heavy and ballad, fast and slow and so on and so on...
Sorry should have been more clear, I meant more of a consistent bases. I actually don' think poison was played outside of the first couple of dates during the first 16 euro run. They always have a handful of songs per album they never play live. The last hero was Cradle, Losing Patience, You Will Be Remembered, and Twilight. The Other Side was played every now and then in the states but not much. The Last Hero picked up some steam towards the end of their last tour along with Island of Fools which was great to see! I think with the next album tour cycle, majority of the songs will be nixed on a consistent rotation other than show me a leader. I believe they'll throw in the other songs from this album every now and then but not often.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

The fact that songs work out well live doesn't mean that they are 'good' per se. A lot of tunes off of TLH just sound half-assed and like uninspired, cringy radio rock anthems.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dolo wrote:The fact that songs work out well live doesn't mean that they are 'good' per se. A lot of tunes off of TLH just sound half-assed and like uninspired, cringy radio rock anthems.
Yet, the majority of those tracks from The Last Hero outclasses by a long shot those other cringy rock radio anthems you would hear anyway (which really speaks volume on how much tripe there is on rock radio nowadays).

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm betting they don't play SMAL live next tour. I remember Mark saying something about not particularly liking the seven string.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

One Drew Remains wrote:I'm betting they don't play SMAL live next tour. I remember Mark saying something about not particularly liking the seven string.
That's fine by me. Other than the intro, it's a below average song for them.