15th Anniversary!

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

15th Anniversary!

Post by JGremore »

Today marks the 15th Anniversary of Alter Bridge! Wow has time flown by. This has probably been done before, so my apologies if it has, but what are some of your favortie moments/memories from these past 15 years?! ie: video, album buildup, performance, interview, etc.

I will say I kind of wish they did something for a celebration or at least a recognition for the 15 years for us fans. Even if it was just a thank you video. Imagine if they just dropped On My Way now for the special occasion (re-recorded). The boys have been super busy and enjoying the free time with their families so I'm not surprised nothing was done other than a thank you post on Facebook which was rather generic. Oh well, that's just me being petty!

Drop some comments below! 2019 will be an exciting year for ABNation!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: 15th Anniversary!

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, 15 years as a band. I've been a fan of them for about 12 of those years.

I think for the most part, some of my well-cherished memories of them have been the live streams over the years. Sure, their live streams of Rock AM Ring always has a big fault (hosts keeps talking at the start of their set, and the one in 2017 had horrible sound mixing where Mark and Myles' guitars was really on the low-end in terms of volume), but the crowds were getting bigger and more into them as the years go by, so that's a good sign. Graspop live streams were always good, Rock In Rio and the Brazilian crowd was really good (I didn't even know Myles was sick at the show until he mentioned it). The Live Nation live stream where they did the set in Dallas was basically them being in their natural setting (the House of Blues venues) which is basically like home for them when it comes to the US shows.

I will always cherish Live From Amsterdam as the best live DVD I have ever watched. That is, until I watched Live at the Royal Albert Hall, and now it's a big toss-up.

I would also say that the AB Nation community have more than welcoming over the years and be such a great tight knit group that can be more open regarding a lot of topics and as more an introverted guy, I cannot thank this community enough for helping me be a better person. Also, above all else, I cannot thank Alter Bridge and their music enough for helping me get through those dark times and helping me become a better person and make me think that I could be more than I thought I would be at the start of me being a fan of theirs.

That stated, 15 years has Alter Bridge creating a lot of great memories and a lot of people are better for it than if AB was not in their lives, I hope they can still continue to create some more new memories and new songs to get excited about and more long-lasting fans.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

(Side note: I just posted this in a similar thread on the Alter Bridge subreddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/alterbridge/ - feel free to join in there as well!)

Well, let's begin at the beginning. I was a huge Creed fan back in the day, and followed all the news about "the new band" as it unfolded at the old CreedPit message board. And when they made their announcement, myself and a couple of friends banded together to launch the first fan site for the band, AlterBridgeBand.net (which now lives today as TheAlterBridgeNation.com). As part of the promo and getting the fanbase together to launch the band, Mark Tremonti's brother, Michael, acted as "fan liason" and would get info to us to put up on the site -- and even called me one afternoon to play a couple of the new songs for me over the phone before they were ever released. I remember hearing Burn It Down (which he groaned about a little because it was the 6 minute song, lol), I believe Broken Wings, and one other song but I don't remember which one. Amazing memory to be sort of "on the inside" for a while!

My first time seeing them live was in Minneapolis, September 2004, at the now defunct Quest Club. I was up front by Tremonti, next to his speakers, and couldn't hear anything out of my right ear for a week (um, don't forget your earplugs, kids!). I arrived home, and the next day I had an email telling me that I'd won a PRS Tremonti SE guitar from AlterBridge.com, signed by the band! Still my most valued material possession. :)
- Side note, before the show that day, I had a chance to meet and interview Submersed on their bus for my fledgling rock music news website I was trying to get started. So cool! God, I miss Sumbersed!

I saw the band a few more times after that, but one of the most notable ones was at the Canopy Club in Urbana, Illinois, 2005. Again, thanks to Michael's generosity, my friends and I were gifted some after-show passes to hang out in the backstage area and chill with the guys for a bit. That guitar I mentioned earlier? Of course I had to play with it some, and Flip's signature had worn off a bit, so I was able to take the guitar and have him re-sign it (near the volume/tone knobs this time, far away from where my arm would rub on it). Got an epic picture with the band:
Coincidentally, this was the night that Tim Tournier gave his Man The Mighty CD to Mark, setting off a chain reaction that would lead him to now be their tour manager! He's an awesome dude, give him a chat sometime if you get the chance.

St. Paul, The Rock nightclub, 2008. My friend and I arrived at the club super early in the day and were able to go inside for a while. This place had a Cheers-style square bar in the middle of the floor, and so we go and sit down... and who's sitting at the bar eating lunch? Tremonti. Duh. So of course, like a dummy, I run out to my car and grab a copy of my shitty garage butt rock band's terribly self-produced CD, and give him a copy. He thanks me, and says he'll go in the back and give it a listen. I never heard a word about it again, but I'd like to think he was just intimidated at how amazing it was and was too nervous to say anything to me about it. A couple other dudes who were there came over and asked if he wanted to play a game of pool, so I got to join in on that - and me and one of the random dudes beat Tremonti and the other random dude. So I'm 1-0 against Mark Tremonti in pool, so I got that going for me, which is nice. The show that night was incredible, and they even pulled out their cover of Kashmir which was jaw-dropping to see live.

Over the last few years, life has gotten busier (got married, made a baby, all that grownup stuff) and I haven't been able to get out to as many shows. But I'm still following along, buying the music, buying the merch, and hoping they are indeed "here to stay" so I can get to go see them again in another 15 years! There's nothing like a live concert experience, but blasting the live shows on Blu Ray or from YouTube on my big screen from the comfort of my living room is enough for this old man (going to be 40 this year... eek). And of course, sharing memories and experiences with all of you guys on the internets!

Much love, AB Family. Here's to 15 more amazing years!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Happy Anniversary, AB!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Even zaz

Post by gbruin »

The other great part about AB's 15th anniversary is that it's roughly the 13th anniversary of my hanging out here on the various versions of the forum with all of you fine AB fans. You guys rule.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

TenaciousBe wrote:(Side note: I just posted this in a similar thread on the Alter Bridge subreddit at https://www.reddit.com/r/alterbridge/ - feel free to join in there as well!)

Well, let's begin at the beginning. I was a huge Creed fan back in the day, and followed all the news about "the new band" as it unfolded at the old CreedPit message board. And when they made their announcement, myself and a couple of friends banded together to launch the first fan site for the band, AlterBridgeBand.net (which now lives today as TheAlterBridgeNation.com). As part of the promo and getting the fanbase together to launch the band, Mark Tremonti's brother, Michael, acted as "fan liason" and would get info to us to put up on the site -- and even called me one afternoon to play a couple of the new songs for me over the phone before they were ever released. I remember hearing Burn It Down (which he groaned about a little because it was the 6 minute song, lol), I believe Broken Wings, and one other song but I don't remember which one. Amazing memory to be sort of "on the inside" for a while!

My first time seeing them live was in Minneapolis, September 2004, at the now defunct Quest Club. I was up front by Tremonti, next to his speakers, and couldn't hear anything out of my right ear for a week (um, don't forget your earplugs, kids!). I arrived home, and the next day I had an email telling me that I'd won a PRS Tremonti SE guitar from AlterBridge.com, signed by the band! Still my most valued material possession. :)
- Side note, before the show that day, I had a chance to meet and interview Submersed on their bus for my fledgling rock music news website I was trying to get started. So cool! God, I miss Sumbersed!

I saw the band a few more times after that, but one of the most notable ones was at the Canopy Club in Urbana, Illinois, 2005. Again, thanks to Michael's generosity, my friends and I were gifted some after-show passes to hang out in the backstage area and chill with the guys for a bit. That guitar I mentioned earlier? Of course I had to play with it some, and Flip's signature had worn off a bit, so I was able to take the guitar and have him re-sign it (near the volume/tone knobs this time, far away from where my arm would rub on it). Got an epic picture with the band:
Coincidentally, this was the night that Tim Tournier gave his Man The Mighty CD to Mark, setting off a chain reaction that would lead him to now be their tour manager! He's an awesome dude, give him a chat sometime if you get the chance.

St. Paul, The Rock nightclub, 2008. My friend and I arrived at the club super early in the day and were able to go inside for a while. This place had a Cheers-style square bar in the middle of the floor, and so we go and sit down... and who's sitting at the bar eating lunch? Tremonti. Duh. So of course, like a dummy, I run out to my car and grab a copy of my shitty garage butt rock band's terribly self-produced CD, and give him a copy. He thanks me, and says he'll go in the back and give it a listen. I never heard a word about it again, but I'd like to think he was just intimidated at how amazing it was and was too nervous to say anything to me about it. A couple other dudes who were there came over and asked if he wanted to play a game of pool, so I got to join in on that - and me and one of the random dudes beat Tremonti and the other random dude. So I'm 1-0 against Mark Tremonti in pool, so I got that going for me, which is nice. The show that night was incredible, and they even pulled out their cover of Kashmir which was jaw-dropping to see live.

Over the last few years, life has gotten busier (got married, made a baby, all that grownup stuff) and I haven't been able to get out to as many shows. But I'm still following along, buying the music, buying the merch, and hoping they are indeed "here to stay" so I can get to go see them again in another 15 years! There's nothing like a live concert experience, but blasting the live shows on Blu Ray or from YouTube on my big screen from the comfort of my living room is enough for this old man (going to be 40 this year... eek). And of course, sharing memories and experiences with all of you guys on the internets!

Much love, AB Family. Here's to 15 more amazing years!
Keep rockin' dude! I'm 40 this year too... nothing wrong with that. AB are a killer band and that's a killer photo - good for you man.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Man, time has flown by. I was 15 years old when I adopted Alter Bridge as my favorite band, and that still hasn’t changed. I’m not much for going to concerts, I’ve only ever seen the band live at Rock On the Range in 2011 after they released ABIII. Most of my memories and nostalgia are of this board. I still remember everyone nitpicking and going over every snippet of info about Blackbird with a fine toothed comb, and a lot of hilarious drama when some people didn’t like the first single.

Basically growing up posting here has turned me into a wistfully nostalgic old man at 27, lol.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

TenaciousBe wrote:
St. Paul, The Rock nightclub, 2008.
I was at that concert also. Of course I didn't get in early and get to do the cool stuff you did, but it was a good time.

RavishingRik
On The Rail

Post by RavishingRik »

It's scary how these 15 years have passed. Before we know it it'll be their 20th Anniversary, I'd be more inclined to think they would do something special for that. 15 is a bit of an odd one.