Myles Kennedy is confused

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13721
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Andy92 »

Using phrases like “that’s gay” and “you’re retarded” are phrases you hear out of teenagers. You can say it’s not a big deal all you want, but those aren’t what I consider to be mature statements from an adult.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
Crumbso
On The Rail
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Crumbso »

It continues... Trump will be brought down via a post-grunge band's unofficial fan forum.
Image

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9653
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by anguyen92 »

Crumbso wrote:It continues... Trump will be brought down via a post-grunge band's unofficial fan forum.
Can AB be even considered Post-Grunge nowadays? They haven't been Post-Grunge for at least 11 years (this one of these cases where it is a good thing for them).

User avatar
Crumbso
On The Rail
Posts: 1078
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Crumbso »

anguyen92 wrote:
Crumbso wrote:It continues... Trump will be brought down via a post-grunge band's unofficial fan forum.
Can AB be even considered Post-Grunge nowadays? They haven't been Post-Grunge for at least 11 years (this one of these cases where it is a good thing for them).
Hmmm... maybe alt-metal?
Image

User avatar
TenaciousBe
On The Rail
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by TenaciousBe »

I've never understood the term "post-grunge" anyway. I mean, everything that's happened since grunge died out (if it ever did) is post-grunge. Taylor Swift is post-grunge. Post Malone is post-grunge. Shinedown is post-grunge. That's what "post-something" means... it came after the thing.

Anyway, I've always just referred to AB as hard rock.
Image Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

User avatar
Mr. Slash
On The Rail
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 am
Location: Germany

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Mr. Slash »

I'd go with alternative metal as well.

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4185
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Ubik »

Quasi-epic.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
TenaciousBe
On The Rail
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by TenaciousBe »

"Quasi"?

Image Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4185
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Ubik »

Hey, every genre needs a band that transcends it, even the fake ones.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
AB23
Still Remains
Posts: 7781
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 am
Location: I honestly don't know

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by AB23 »

I mean, now you're just willfully ignoring what I said.

You can think whatever you want about it. Petulant, immature, vile, toxic, or alternatively, free-spirited, contextual, or humorous. But the point is that you said that if I use that to further my argument, it ruins the argument entirely. But in no sense can it be interpreted that it's furthering my argument except for it happening to be in the same post. As in, you can't separate thoughts within a post. Everything you read is just one big ramble.
Image

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9653
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by anguyen92 »

AB23 wrote:I mean, now you're just willfully ignoring what I said.

You can think whatever you want about it. Petulant, immature, vile, toxic, or alternatively, free-spirited, contextual, or humorous. But the point is that you said that if I use that to further my argument, it ruins the argument entirely. But in no sense can it be interpreted that it's furthering my argument except for it happening to be in the same post. As in, you can't separate thoughts within a post. Everything you read is just one big ramble.
This is how I feel when reading this entire thread. My posts, included.

riemslag1
Isolated
Posts: 499
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:02 am
Location: the Netherlands

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by riemslag1 »

It's just the case that as soon as you involve politics in discussions the absolute undisputed truth simply does not exist anymore. Everybody emphasizing their truth is the only truth in such cases is just not realistic. That's the reason why democracies have elections.

User avatar
AB23
Still Remains
Posts: 7781
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:04 am
Location: I honestly don't know

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by AB23 »

Right, if someone disagrees with your policies, they either do so directly, or they passive aggressively nitpick your message without attacking it at all substantively. You simply cannot have discourse in that manner. You can't.
Image

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13721
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Andy92 »

I don’t even disagree with all of your political views though. I didn’t vote for Trump and I don’t plan to in 2020. I just didn’t like the language you used, that’s all.

My comment wasn’t meant to be interpreted as, “because you used this language all of your political views are invalid.” My point is that you don’t need to use immature language to make a valid argument. Trump even has some ideas I agree with occasionally, but he’s such an immature person that I don’t view him as a leader. You have some ideas I agree with too, but when you say immature things...For what it’s worth, I think you have the ability to really make a difference for what you believe in because you’re so passionate about it and you have good ideas. Just don’t water yourself down any, that’s all I meant.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
AHart96
Rise Today
Posts: 3560
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by AHart96 »

Welp. I haven’t checked in since the original post until today. Quite the read.

Let’s get along and be decent human beings to each other. And that’s all I have to say about this subject
Image
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 13270
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: Ferrell/Sibesma 2020

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:I don’t even disagree with all of your political views though. I didn’t vote for Trump and I don’t plan to in 2020. I just didn’t like the language you used, that’s all.

My comment wasn’t meant to be interpreted as, “because you used this language all of your political views are invalid.” My point is that you don’t need to use immature language to make a valid argument. Trump even has some ideas I agree with occasionally, but he’s such an immature person that I don’t view him as a leader. You have some ideas I agree with too, but when you say immature things...For what it’s worth, I think you have the ability to really make a difference for what you believe in because you’re so passionate about it and you have good ideas. Just don’t water yourself down any, that’s all I meant.
This. 100%.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

User avatar
TenaciousBe
On The Rail
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:04 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:56 am
AB23 wrote:I mean, now you're just willfully ignoring what I said.

You can think whatever you want about it. Petulant, immature, vile, toxic, or alternatively, free-spirited, contextual, or humorous. But the point is that you said that if I use that to further my argument, it ruins the argument entirely. But in no sense can it be interpreted that it's furthering my argument except for it happening to be in the same post. As in, you can't separate thoughts within a post. Everything you read is just one big ramble.
This is how I feel when reading this entire thread. My posts, included.
Lol, samesies.
Image Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

User avatar
Blackbirddd
White Knuckled
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Blackbirddd »

Andy92 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:36 am You may be passionate about your political views, Monty, but you lose a lot of merit when you use autism and retardation as insults.

Same goes for nagpo. Don’t use mental illness as a joke to further your stupid argument.
I thought snowflakes were only young people

nagpo
On The Rail
Posts: 1654
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by nagpo »

what was the point of bumping this thread for a dead argument from 2018

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4185
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Ubik »

nagpo wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:02 am what was the point of bumping this thread for a dead argument from 2018
You quite literally asked it to be
nagpo wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:31 pm
Lotha wrote:At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Trump got re-elected.
He will. Quote me on this and in two years if I'm wrong I'll admit it. But I think he will get a second term. There simply isn't another viable option in either party for the current political climate.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

Post Reply