Myles Kennedy is confused

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Myles Kennedy is confused

Post by Andy92 »

Using phrases like “that’s gay” and “you’re retarded” are phrases you hear out of teenagers. You can say it’s not a big deal all you want, but those aren’t what I consider to be mature statements from an adult.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

It continues... Trump will be brought down via a post-grunge band's unofficial fan forum.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Crumbso wrote:It continues... Trump will be brought down via a post-grunge band's unofficial fan forum.
Can AB be even considered Post-Grunge nowadays? They haven't been Post-Grunge for at least 11 years (this one of these cases where it is a good thing for them).

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

anguyen92 wrote:
Crumbso wrote:It continues... Trump will be brought down via a post-grunge band's unofficial fan forum.
Can AB be even considered Post-Grunge nowadays? They haven't been Post-Grunge for at least 11 years (this one of these cases where it is a good thing for them).
Hmmm... maybe alt-metal?

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I've never understood the term "post-grunge" anyway. I mean, everything that's happened since grunge died out (if it ever did) is post-grunge. Taylor Swift is post-grunge. Post Malone is post-grunge. Shinedown is post-grunge. That's what "post-something" means... it came after the thing.

Anyway, I've always just referred to AB as hard rock.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I'd go with alternative metal as well.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Quasi-epic.
For all of the hope that it brings...

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

"Quasi"?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Hey, every genre needs a band that transcends it, even the fake ones.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I mean, now you're just willfully ignoring what I said.

You can think whatever you want about it. Petulant, immature, vile, toxic, or alternatively, free-spirited, contextual, or humorous. But the point is that you said that if I use that to further my argument, it ruins the argument entirely. But in no sense can it be interpreted that it's furthering my argument except for it happening to be in the same post. As in, you can't separate thoughts within a post. Everything you read is just one big ramble.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB23 wrote:I mean, now you're just willfully ignoring what I said.

You can think whatever you want about it. Petulant, immature, vile, toxic, or alternatively, free-spirited, contextual, or humorous. But the point is that you said that if I use that to further my argument, it ruins the argument entirely. But in no sense can it be interpreted that it's furthering my argument except for it happening to be in the same post. As in, you can't separate thoughts within a post. Everything you read is just one big ramble.
This is how I feel when reading this entire thread. My posts, included.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

It's just the case that as soon as you involve politics in discussions the absolute undisputed truth simply does not exist anymore. Everybody emphasizing their truth is the only truth in such cases is just not realistic. That's the reason why democracies have elections.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Right, if someone disagrees with your policies, they either do so directly, or they passive aggressively nitpick your message without attacking it at all substantively. You simply cannot have discourse in that manner. You can't.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I don’t even disagree with all of your political views though. I didn’t vote for Trump and I don’t plan to in 2020. I just didn’t like the language you used, that’s all.

My comment wasn’t meant to be interpreted as, “because you used this language all of your political views are invalid.” My point is that you don’t need to use immature language to make a valid argument. Trump even has some ideas I agree with occasionally, but he’s such an immature person that I don’t view him as a leader. You have some ideas I agree with too, but when you say immature things...For what it’s worth, I think you have the ability to really make a difference for what you believe in because you’re so passionate about it and you have good ideas. Just don’t water yourself down any, that’s all I meant.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Welp. I haven’t checked in since the original post until today. Quite the read.

Let’s get along and be decent human beings to each other. And that’s all I have to say about this subject
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Ferrell/Sibesma 2020

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:I don’t even disagree with all of your political views though. I didn’t vote for Trump and I don’t plan to in 2020. I just didn’t like the language you used, that’s all.

My comment wasn’t meant to be interpreted as, “because you used this language all of your political views are invalid.” My point is that you don’t need to use immature language to make a valid argument. Trump even has some ideas I agree with occasionally, but he’s such an immature person that I don’t view him as a leader. You have some ideas I agree with too, but when you say immature things...For what it’s worth, I think you have the ability to really make a difference for what you believe in because you’re so passionate about it and you have good ideas. Just don’t water yourself down any, that’s all I meant.
This. 100%.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:56 am
AB23 wrote:I mean, now you're just willfully ignoring what I said.

This is how I feel when reading this entire thread. My posts, included.
Lol, samesies.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Andy92 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:36 am You may be passionate about your political views, Monty, but you lose a lot of merit when you use autism and retardation as insults.

Same goes for nagpo. Don’t use mental illness as a joke to further your stupid argument.
I thought snowflakes were only young people

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

what was the point of bumping this thread for a dead argument from 2018

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

nagpo wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:02 am what was the point of bumping this thread for a dead argument from 2018
You quite literally asked it to be
nagpo wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:31 pm
Lotha wrote:At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Trump got re-elected.
He will. Quote me on this and in two years if I'm wrong I'll admit it. But I think he will get a second term. There simply isn't another viable option in either party for the current political climate.