Napalm Records US- Limited Edition Package Royal Albert Hall

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
JBJL8
Brand New Start

Napalm Records US- Limited Edition Package Royal Albert Hall

Post by JBJL8 »

Did anyone else receive this package and get a facsimile autograph on Mark's postcard instead of the real thing? Very frustrating as this was one of the main reasons I purchased this package.

Being told by Napalm there is nothing they can do.

Not a good business practice.
Last edited by JBJL8 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Re: Naplam Records US- Limited Edition Package Royal Albert Hall

Post by RoelSmoel »

Mark always signs stuff himself. Always.

JBJL8
Brand New Start

Post by JBJL8 »

The postcard was separate from the rest of the authentically signed postcards. It is clearly a facsimile signature. I've collected for years. It's easy to see a facsimile on something like this.

I'm not saying Mark or the band did something wrong here. I'm guessing Napalm ran out of the "signed" postcards and started putting these in the packages.

On Twitter- when people posted release day packages they received- I could see the Mark postcard was authentic. Someone posted a few days later what they received and it was the exact card I received with the facsimile.

Just a weak business practice on Napalm's part. If you run out- say so and get more signed.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

There was a big blowup on Facebook about this. Yes, Roel, Mark always signs his own stuff, but it's pretty clear that a lot of people got color photocopies of Mark's signed photo in their box sets from Napalm instead of individually signed photos. I didn't chime in on the FB thread, but I got one of them, too. It looked weird when I first got it - different texture to the signature, washed out colors on the photo, different paper stock - and then when I saw the thread I realized I had the same copy that many others got.

Remember that Napalm had to delay shipping of many of their US box sets because of a "manufacturing" defect. At first they said some of the CD/DVDs they got from the manufacturer were cracked, which might very well be true. But it sure looks like they also either lost or damaged or ran out of many of the autographed photos of Mark. Many people reported that their picture of Mark was in the shipping package with the box set, but not packaged inside the box set itself with the signed photos from Myles, Brian, and Flip. It makes the most sense that Napalm just made a bunch of copies of one of the signed photos and threw it in at the end so it was included. But it's obvious now that this is a copy and not an originally signed photo.

For me, it's not a huge deal. I do expect to get what I pay for, but it's one photocopy and it's not worth the fight or the headache of worrying about it, but I can understand why some people are very upset and angry. We realize this is not the band's doing, and as Tim was addressing it on FB, it's pretty clear they had no idea this happened. But Napalm needs to be accountable to those who want an original photo with an original signature.
Last edited by gbruin on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

JBJL8 wrote:The postcard was separate from the rest of the authentically signed postcards. It is clearly a facsimile signature. I've collected for years. It's easy to see a facsimile on something like this.

I'm not saying Mark or the band did something wrong here. I'm guessing Napalm ran out of the "signed" postcards and started putting these in the packages.

On Twitter- when people posted release day packages they received- I could see the Mark postcard was authentic. Someone posted a few days later what they received and it was the exact card I received with the facsimile.

Just a weak business practice on Napalm's part. If you run out- say so and get more signed.
Hey JB. Are you the guy who started the thread on FB? I never would have known without that conversation and the pictures. Really sorry for ya, man.

I agree it's pretty weak on Napalm's part. It's not a huge deal to me personally, but for someone like yourself who is a serious collector, authenticity is everything and you deserve what you are paying for. Napalm should admit they ran out and get some more originals made for those that want them. It wouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

gbruin wrote:There was a big blowup on Facebook about this. Yes, Roel, Mark always signs his own stuff, but it's pretty clear that a lot of people got color photocopies of Mark's signed photo in their box sets from Napalm instead of individually signed photos. I didn't chime in on the FB thread, but I got one of them, too. It looked weird when I first got it - different texture to the signature, washed out colors on the photo, different paper stock - and then when I saw the thread I realized I had the same copy that many others got.
Man that's really bad. I think I would prefer a rather massive delay over some fake autographs. And with massive delay I don't mean the ABX boxset delay. :shifty

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

This band always ends up with terrible business partners lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

JBJL8
Brand New Start

Post by JBJL8 »

I appreciate the info from Facebook. I did not start that discussion. And you all made great points. Usually not a big deal but I expect to get what I paid for. I purchased the "Gold" package on AB's website initially. Then I saw this package had some extra stuff (the postcards, etc) and being a psycho fan- I purchased it. I simply just want what I coughed up $$ for. Nothing more- nothing less.

The Tremonti postcard was packaged separately from all the rest and I immediately noticed the signature was fake. Would've easily accepted a delay rather than be sent a fake.

And to top it all off- Napalm acting like "hey- that's what we were sent to put in the packages- sorry Charlie" is just a garbage way of doing business.

And I know the band has zilch to do with this. Just frustrated.

bluewing
Brand New Start

Post by bluewing »

I am glad to see there is a post about this. I got the printed Tremonti card as well and wasn't happy to see that. I have four other things signed by Tremonti so I am not fussed about it. Just wish I got what was advertised and I paid for. I didn't see anything on Facebook, but I don't know where to look.

JBJL8
Brand New Start

Post by JBJL8 »

Can someone please post a link for this discussion that has been taking place on Facebook? I sniffed around and couldn’t find it.

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

Got a printed version also. The right thing to do would have been to include a note about the problem, send the deluxe set now, then send a real autographed card when they were able to get them. A facsimile is not a suitable replacement for real autograph when real autographs were to be part of the package. Worse, Napalm is still selling the deluxe packages.

Also, given the size of the backdrop, the size of the pieces, and the fact that the deluxe was limited to 1,000 units, I would have thought they'd be sending something other than an all black piece...

jimmbob
Brand New Start

Post by jimmbob »

JBJL8 wrote:Can someone please post a link for this discussion that has been taking place on Facebook? I sniffed around and couldn’t find it.
It was deleted because folk were getting salty about people daring to question what was going on with an obviously copied autograph. The defence force took it as a slight against "the boys", and decided to nuke any and all mention of it.
The guy who originally mentioned the copied autograph, quite clearly and sensibly said the issue was no doubt at the feet of Napalm, and not with the guys from the band or indeed management. This however was not satisfactory. The clattering of pitch forks and heat of the burning torches could be heard and felt all around the internet.

Another person said that they'd been sent a particular package that had everything in it except for the actual discs.
I suggested looking inside the shipping box as Napalm may have included a photocopy of the CD's...

That was also deleted at lightning speed.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

jimmbob wrote: It was deleted because folk were getting salty about people daring to question what was going on with an obviously copied autograph. The defence force took it as a slight against "the boys", and decided to nuke any and all mention of it.
The guy who originally mentioned the copied autograph, quite clearly and sensibly said the issue was no doubt at the feet of Napalm, and not with the guys from the band or indeed management. This however was not satisfactory. The clattering of pitch forks and heat of the burning torches could be heard and felt all around the internet.
Man, that really sucks to hear.

Hope that folks can get what they paid for/refunds soon enough.
jimmbob wrote: Another person said that they'd been sent a particular package that had everything in it except for the actual discs.
I suggested looking inside the shipping box as Napalm may have included a photocopy of the CD's...

:lol
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Tremonti acutally responded to a tweet where someone showed his autograph lacking picture. He responded with "That's not good". Well, I guess he can't really do much in that situation.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

NAPLAM

It's late and the typo made me giggle.

Sorry.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

jimmbob wrote:
JBJL8 wrote:Can someone please post a link for this discussion that has been taking place on Facebook? I sniffed around and couldn’t find it.
It was deleted because folk were getting salty about people daring to question what was going on with an obviously copied autograph. The defence force took it as a slight against "the boys", and decided to nuke any and all mention of it.

Another person said that they'd been sent a particular package that had everything in it except for the actual discs.

The initial conversation in question is still there, so no need to resort to excessive hyperbole. Burning torches? Yeah, that's very reasonable.

My understanding is that AB mgmt (not Napalm, btw) is currently in the process of replacing the copies with originals. And you don't even need a pitchfork.

jimmbob
Brand New Start

Post by jimmbob »

gbruin wrote: The initial conversation in question is still there, so no need to resort to excessive hyperbole. Burning torches? Yeah, that's very reasonable.
No it isn't. It was deleted.
There are other conversations that have been started since, but the original one isn't there. Hyperbole? Well yes, and sarcasm too! But the initial poster was taken to task by some of the more, shall we say committed fans, for daring to ask why he'd been sent something so clearly dodgy.
If you can link me to the original thread in question, then please do.
gbruin wrote: My understanding is that AB mgmt (not Napalm, btw) is currently in the process of replacing the copies with originals. And you don't even need a pitchfork.
Apparently so. Maybe the issue wasn't with Napalm after all.

JBJL8
Brand New Start

Re: Napalm Records US- Limited Edition Package Royal Albert Hall

Post by JBJL8 »

Where are you guys seeing that AB is going to provide people with an authentic MT autograph? I can't find that anywhere online and Napalm didn't respond to my last email ecpressing my irritation.

Thanks for the help peeps.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So can we assume this will be fixed for the non-US-sales also ?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Update from Tim on Facebook on this - it’s on the label’s end and they have plenty of real cards.
I had the label send me the remaining cards - Not sure what happened but I saw one of these lame cards.. if you got one, hit SUpport@janusmusicmgmt.com with a photo of your card, proof pf perchance and address, we will send you a new one. No clue what happened, as the man said and I saw - he signed a ton of these..
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.