AB VI Speculation

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: AB VI Speculation

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote:I'm not sure I can bear seeing it with only 5 pages by the time single gets released tbh.
Fine. I'll take that hit. I'm pretty comfortable with disgrace.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3415

Let's take all the studio/recording chat over there.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

Andy92 wrote:Something in the Katy Perry - Firework wheelhouse.
digging it! bahahaha

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Me too.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

anguyen92 wrote:You never know. Maybe they might hit lightning in a bottle creating stuff in a few weeks than they would in months. I know the track record doesn't look that great when it comes to AB, but maybe, until after we actually hear the finished product and it doesn't sound like greatness, then we can go ahead and say that it's rushed or whatever. Just my two cents, no need to @ me.
As someone who had written music over many years this is my personal experience: tends to turn out the best in two situations.
1. Catching that lightning in a bottle and running with it.
2. Coming up with an idea, then coming back to it MUCH later and revisting it.

In my experience, the more time you spend on an idea the more you overthink it. Adding unnecessary parts. Removing parts you previously liked. Scraping the whole idea because you've heard it too much and are tired of it. You end up driving yourself crazy.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

JGremore wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:So recording March/April, meaning single around August/September?
I don't remember the pre pro/recording months from The Last Hero.... i think they're similar, but Show Me A Leader was released in the end of July, so hopefully that happens again!
If I remember correctly it was released on my birthday July 26th.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Saw Flip at the hockey game in Tampa on Friday. Talked with him for 10 minutes, the guy is so cool and normal. I was able to tell him how much his music meant to me and how I feel like we grew up together because I have been following his career since 1997.
Anyways I prodded him about the new record a little bit. They tracked 14 songs , usual release time frame Novemberish. Sorry didn't ask about a single.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

prslover wrote:Saw Flip at the hockey game in Tampa on Friday. Talked with him for 10 minutes, the guy is so cool and normal. I was able to tell him how much his music meant to me and how I feel like we grew up together because I have been following his career since 1997.
Anyways I prodded him about the new record a little bit. They tracked 14 songs , usual release time frame Novemberish. Sorry didn't ask about a single.
That's greattt, then the single I think it'll be out around September

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

prslover wrote:Saw Flip at the hockey game in Tampa on Friday. Talked with him for 10 minutes, the guy is so cool and normal. I was able to tell him how much his music meant to me and how I feel like we grew up together because I have been following his career since 1997.
Wow that's really cool! Glad you were able to ask something about the new album without bothering him too much. Seems like a fun dude to watch a game with

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Jesus. That hockey game in Tampa could not have possibly been very fun.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

AB23 wrote:Jesus. That hockey game in Tampa could not have possibly been very fun.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm surprised he got any good words in with him at all, given the colossal disaster Tampa Bay faced that night. :lol

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Latest from Mark's Facebook page:

"Thanks so much for all the happy birthday wishes, much love!! Just finishing up track 10 on the new Alter Bridge record, 4 more to go!"

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
AB23 wrote:Jesus. That hockey game in Tampa could not have possibly been very fun.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm surprised he got any good words in with him at all, given the colossal disaster Tampa Bay faced that night. :lol
Ya guys , this season...it's like a nuclear meltdown disaster site. Run as fast as you can, seal it off under cement, don't go back to it for years if ever.
I just have no words....none.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

prslover wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
Ya guys , this season...it's like a nuclear meltdown disaster site. Run as fast as you can, seal it off under cement, don't go back to it for years if ever.
I just have no words....none.
Yeah, I haven't seen a meltdown like this since the Vancouver Canucks didn't win the cup in 2011 (lost all of their games in the cup finals in blowouts which lead to a riot) and they got beaten in the first round by the Kings (who was the 8th seed) in 5 games in 2012. They were the President's trophy winner in both those years. That team was never the same for the worst for them after 2012. :D

All I wanted in that series was the Kings to make it to 7 games or win the series against the Canucks. The fact they did that in 5 games and win the cup, makes me a very happy guy.

Anyway, while the atmosphere was tense during that time of the Lightning game, I don't think Flip would be the kind of guy that would be upset for a random reason while talking to a fan of his. Snarky in a playful manner, yes. Very upset? No.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I'm pumped for a #MeToo song this album

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Me too

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Fish Tacos wrote:I'm pumped for a #MeToo song this album
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

A #MeToo song... A crushingly heavy victim blamer? Or a delicate "we're here for you" ballad?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Hard to speculate without any album / song titles but I'm wondering what the art style / subject matter will be like this time around. My personal guess is they will continue with the digital art style and lyric videos.