AB VI Speculation

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: AB VI Speculation

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Took 5 days to record drums on Fortress. Chill out yaaaaaaall.

It's also really sad how small this thread is compared to the Fortress one :(
The forums just aren't what they used to be. :/

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Ubik wrote:Took 5 days to record drums on Fortress. Chill out yaaaaaaall.
(
I wasn't referring to the time it takes to record drums. I meant how short the preproduction process was this time around. The first indication that they started was Jef Moll's Instagram post on March 16. Then Michael Tremonti said on Twitter on March 27 that it was the last day of preproduction. So 11 days. I'm pretty sure that's the shortest preproduction they've ever had. I think it's been at least 3-4 weeks the past couple times.

I'm not saying that will make for a good or bad record. Just pointing out that it was a very quick preproduction stage and many here feel that they should take more time.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

It really depends on what the band had already done, if they had already worked out some songs on the previous tour or on any breaks/times when they were able to meet up for a day or so mid tour. All i'm saying is yes it could be a sign but we can't know for sure until the album comes out and we hear what they've put out.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

This is all starting to happen so fast! This album is coming down the pike! I've never been this anxious or nervous or felt the need to question this band...

Are they working faster than ever because they've been pretty prepared?
Did they jam and work some stuff out during soundcheck over the previous tours?
Or is Napalm pushing and pressuring for a new record as soon as possible hot on the heels of Live At Royal Albert Hall?

It seems like they're just going through the motions to push something out... I don't want to feel about this album the way I felt about The Last Hero. Or worse...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

It could very well be possible that they jam and work some stuff out during soundcheck in past shows and think, "This could make an interesting AB song somewhere down the line." Mark stated that the foundation for creating A Dying Machine happened during an AB soundcheck in Budapest in 2017. He did something in soundcheck he liked and then was so inspired by it that he wanted to go the whole way with the "A Dying Machine" concept. This was roughly in October 2017, A Dying Machine came out in June 2018.

I also recall, and I don't know how true this was, but Mark's original intention for the next Tremonti album was to do a double album. One album heavy and one side lighter (similar idea in the veins of Foo Fighters' In Your Honor, but he ditched that idea when he came up with A Dying Machine). I was hoping that AB can go ahead and tackle that concept since I would think it would be the best way for them to vary their sound more since they have been leaning more heavier, darker, cerebral stuff in the 10s. That stated, I don't think they are going to tackle it here with only 14 songs composed and about to be recorded.

Also, I don't think Napalm is pushing and pressuring for a new album release too hard on AB. Napalm knows how busy they are with other bands or should know or else, if they didn't know, they shouldn't have offered to sign AB. Besides, in the last three years, Napalm have released the following under AB: The Last Hero, Live at the O2 Arena CD, Live at the Royal Albert Hall DVD, on top of Year of the Tiger and A Dying Machine (also released by Napalm).

If AB wants to get an album out in late 2019, it's because they feel like the time is right to release another studio album. That stated, I personally would have liked it if they used this year as their 15th anniversary of the band being formed to do something cool to celebrate that touring-wise, but they never actually do that so I don't see them breaking that trend this year.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm not worried about them. As much junk as TLH gets lobbed at it, I did enjoy it. Wall of sound aside, there are some good songs on there. They'll be fine. Especially if they are experimenting some like we heard Mark say in the beginning.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

LosingPatience
White Knuckled

Post by LosingPatience »

One Drew Remains wrote:I'm not worried about them. As much junk as TLH gets lobbed at it, I did enjoy it. Wall of sound aside, there are some good songs on there. They'll be fine. Especially if they are experimenting some like we heard Mark say in the beginning.

Not only is it my fav AB album its the album that finally won over my friend on them, will never get the hate for that album. Its rocking it has some of my fav choruses, it jams from start to finish. Im more worried their next album wont be as good

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

For those worried about how fast things are going, it’s sooo easy to communicate ideas and such through places like Dropbox and the like. I’m a musician in a few projects and we are able to share ideas and demos through it allowing us to become familiar with everything before practicing or recording together in person. Through my personal experience I feel like not much is lost through things like that and I’m sure once they did get together in preproduction and starting playing through songs they notice what they need to change, improve on, remove, etc to get the final product. Can’t speak for them but in today’s age it’s a helpful way of being more prepared.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Don't let Shea steal your thunder.

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote:Laying down a motion to change the thread title to "AB VI Studio/Recording thread", and to get the hype train a'rolling.
Ubik, create a new thread. It's your call, we need it, and you should get the credit.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Steals Ubiks Thunder

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote:
Ubik wrote:Laying down a motion to change the thread title to "AB VI Studio/Recording thread", and to get the hype train a'rolling.
Ubik, create a new thread. It's your call, we need it, and you should get the credit.
Don't worry Ubik, I'll take care of it! :D

Not really so dont expect anything to be made

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm not sure I can bear seeing it with only 5 pages by the time single gets released tbh.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:I'm not sure I can bear seeing it with only 5 pages by the time single gets released tbh.
After the single is released it will be at 6 pages in no time.

JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Post by JGremore »

What's y'alls hope for the first single to sound like? Are we wanting more Rise Today/Open Your Eyes'sh or Isolation/Addicted To Pain? I preferably would like to stay away from the Show Me A Leader sound, while I like the song the first time I heard it I immediately thought it had a Slash vibe with Myles lyrical melody and the layering. Thoughts?! Maybe something completely different!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

JGremore wrote:What's y'alls hope for the first single to sound like? Are we wanting more Rise Today/Open Your Eyes'sh or Isolation/Addicted To Pain? I preferably would like to stay away from the Show Me A Leader sound, while I like the song the first time I heard it I immediately thought it had a Slash vibe with Myles lyrical melody and the layering. Thoughts?! Maybe something completely different!
I want them to pull a A7X “Nightmare” with their first single. 6 minutes long, heavy but melodic. Maybe not the most radio-friendly, but an actual representation of where the band is now.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Something in the Island of Fools direction would be supoyb.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'd be okay with another Addicted To Pain/Isolation single.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
JGremore wrote:What's y'alls hope for the first single to sound like? Are we wanting more Rise Today/Open Your Eyes'sh or Isolation/Addicted To Pain? I preferably would like to stay away from the Show Me A Leader sound, while I like the song the first time I heard it I immediately thought it had a Slash vibe with Myles lyrical melody and the layering. Thoughts?! Maybe something completely different!
I want them to pull a A7X “Nightmare” with their first single. 6 minutes long, heavy but melodic. Maybe not the most radio-friendly, but an actual representation of where the band is now.
I thought they were going in that direction with Show Me A Leader when they teased us with that intro. But then they turned it in a super radio-friendly song :D

I'm expecting an Isolation/Addicted To Pain kind of song. Hoping to be surprised.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Ubik wrote:Something in the Island of Fools direction would be supoyb.
:yeahthat

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Something in the Katy Perry - Firework wheelhouse.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Timotheus wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
I thought they were going in that direction with Show Me A Leader when they teased us with that intro. But then they turned it in a super radio-friendly song :D

I'm expecting an Isolation/Addicted To Pain kind of song. Hoping to be surprised.
That intro makes me moist.

But yeah I’m expecting an ATP type of song. Radio-friendly, 4 minutes long, with a solo.