AB VI Speculation

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Re: AB VI Speculation

Post by Jaredr24 »

Looks like they’re doing the exclusives and preorders again. Already live on their site. Wish I had an extra $2,000 to go hang in the studio :lol

https://alterbridge.com/
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I would definitely do the listening party if it was in my area, but I'm not going to Orlando to do it.

Same with the studio hangout thing. $2,000 is a lot and if I was a more established musician that would be my dream, but the extra added costs of a cross-country travel + lodging (combined with my work schedule) simply is not in my budget. It would definitely provide me insight on how things work, though.

Honestly, I'd be as interested to see how Elvis works things on the mixer and the direction he provides as much as what AB does. Not for critical purposes (though I'm always interested in that as well haha), but more so to gain knowledge/appreciation for all that goes on BEHIND the "behind the scenes."

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

The tour MEET & GREET is valid also for european tour?

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

HERE WE GO !!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't know if it is the fact that I haven't seen AB live in almost five years, but I'm actually considering wanting to go to the album listening party. Would be nice to get to hear the new album before it is out in stores and actually get to meet my heroes in person even if it is only for a brief moment. I don't even mind it if the live performance was only 12 songs of the stuff they usually play in festivals (I mean I would like to see a longer set, but it is what it is).

The problem is that I haven't been on a plane or been in a hotel room for 18 years, so I wouldn't know where to begin to book flights or where to stay in Orlando to minimize cost for travel and stay. At the very least, I'll probably pre-order the CD and shirt bundle. Their shirts are usually decent-to-great looking and I could always use another AB shirt to wear at concerts.

Only about 1.5 months before they hit the studio. Things are getting exciting.

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

Just bought my ticket for the Listening Party! :headbang I've wanted to do it the last couple of times, but wasn't quite in a position to make it happen. Stoked I'm finally going to get to go to one!

....Now comes the hard part...trying to wait patiently until September...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh gosh, people are actually buying it now? I'M SO UNPREPARED FOR THIS! I don't know how I want to plan this trip out. I need to mull it over for a few weeks before deciding to take the chance to do it. I hope the listening party is not on the weekend I'm seeing Iron Maiden, but if push comes to shove, Listening Party > Iron Maiden.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Do it Kev. Flights and hotels are easy!
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ All right, done. I bought my pass for this thing. It's a lot of money, but I'm probably spending a lot of money anyway traveling and staying in Orlando for this thing. Also, it's not like I'm doing this for any other band. It's friken Alter Bridge. This is something I'm probably never going to do again, anyway, and I'm giving back to a band that's given a lot to me in my life. So how long until we get more detailed information on stuff like date of show, venue, time, etc.?

Also, I decided to pass on the $45 shirt and CD deal. The $15.00 on shipping seems just too much for me. Gonna wait it out to see if Napalm Records have any other bundle deals with cheaper shipping prices (only paid $5.00 for shipping for the shirt/earbook/Royal Albert Hall DVD).

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Oh how I wish I could do any of these amazing things. $200, $2000, planes, trains and automobiles, meet and greets, even just another festival show... I need a hardcore AB fix. I've been listening to entirely too much outlaw country and I'm almost afraid I'm losing a bit of interest in AB since The Last Hero was a bit of a dud. Oh the joys of living in Nowhere, Maine...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Unless kev buys me a ticket now...

Post by gbruin »

I definitely want to go to the listening party, but logistically I just can't make plans until there's a solid date, so I'm crossing my fingers there will still be tickets available when they set the date.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Hmmmm.
Terms and Conditions:

Photos will be emailed after the event
Event will happen in the greater Orlando area Sept. 2019 - Subject to change
ABVI is a placeholder name, the name of the album is subject to change
No coupon codes or discounts will be accepted
Non-refundable / Non-transferable
I can't help you out with that one, mate.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

"Mate"? All this time kev was British?

Post by gbruin »

Well, yeah, you could. You can buy a ticket for anyone else, you just have to give the name at the time of purchase. You'd just be the one to take all the non-refundable risk if the party falls on a date I can't make it. I'm sure zaz would let you do the same for him, too. In fact, you could sponsor all of TABN. Jim will make you a banner if you do. :)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I wouldn't mind paying for everyone's tickets here that wants to go, but only if I had 6 digits in my bank account. Sadly, I do not have that amount of money in my account right now. Need to save while I can (for living expenses and for buying other concert tickets).

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

Really interesting quote from Mark in an interview with Audio Ink Radio. He said he’s quote:
“trying to come from a different place. It's hard to explain. I'm trying to make it not be the same," he said. "We always try to reinvent ourselves with every record. Right now, it's a little early [to tell], 'cause me and Myles [Kennedy, guitar/vocals] haven't gotten together. So far, it's been me writing stuff and Myles writing stuff, and when we come together and combine the stuff, we really see what it's gonna sound like. But I'm trying to make it sound a little different than it has in the past. We'll see how it turns out."
Not sure what we’ll get. Hearing Mark say he’s trying to do something different sounds like it could be promising in my opinion but this adds to the hype for me.
Full interview here: http://audioinkradio.com/2019/02/mark-t ... interview/
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Reminds me of what Christopher McQuarrie is doing with the Mission: Impossible films.

If you know the franchise's history of every installment helming a new director except for the most recent two (with McQ behind the camera) and have seen those last two, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. Furthermore, he is signed on to shoot the next two films back-to-back and wants to continue that trend.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Such mixed feelings about this. I definitely think they would be wise to change things up a little bit at this point in their career, but I pray its a good change and not something that we end up hating (i.e. something poppy or artificial). My hope is that Myles experice making a more stripped down, less produced album (Year of the Tiger) inspires them to do not do as much layering and overproduction this around.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Change is always good! Even if it's towards a more poppy sound.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Poppy would not be good IMO. I really don't hope that's what they mean.

There are only so many bands that I can hold onto that haven't conformed to the mainstream, and Alter Bridge is one of them. I hope to god that's not what Tremonti means.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I feel like a fair amount of modern rock bands have gone the way of Imagine Dragons, Maroon Five, and 21 Pilots and gone so poppy that the band has lost what made them cool and built their fanbase in the first place.

I don't think AB will go that route, especially after the way Mark went about making A Dying Machine and the way Myles went with Year of the Tiger. They'll try to do they can to keep us excited and keep things a bit unpredictable (doesn't have to be too much, just enough that doesn't look like a paint-by-numbers album) for what's to come and it will be just as much of an Alter Bridge album like all five of their albums.