Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
prowler5150
Brand New Start

Re: Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Post by prowler5150 »

MidnightToker wrote: I would highly advise you to not use Amazon for this one. It's release day and mine hasn't even shipped yet. If it doesn't by the end of the day, I'm going to cancel my order and order from Napalm, which I should have done from the start. I usually don't have problems with Amazon but of course I do now for the DVD I've been looking forward to since I heard about the show.

Yesterday the Amazon guy told me it was "processing for shipment" or something like that, like it was just about to ship. But the fact that it hasn't shipped by release date really sucks. Everyone else is watching their copy and I'm looking at at least another week until I can. To make matters worse, I'm not aware of any brick-and-mortar store that sells the Blu-Ray/DVD.
My Napalm pre-order from 2 months ago is still "processing..."

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

One strange thing is I made a purchase at Napalm USA for a deluxe box set and the skull T-shirt. I got my T-shirt yesterday but have heard nothing about the deluxe box set. Doesn't really bother me because I did receive my gold bundle yesterday so I was able to watch the show and enjoy the earbook, but I did pay for the deluxe box set so it would be nice to know what's going on with it, I certainly have been charged for it.

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

DELUXE UPDATE

The bad news: It turns out that a roadie for All That Remains took the stage backdrop after the last show and won't give it back

The good news: Brian has donated his Faith No More t-shirt that will be cut into 1,000 pieces to replace the backdrop in the set

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Thanks for the advice. It seems when I proceed to checkout on PayPal that they are accepting Euro dollars only. Will they convert that to US upon purchase, or how does that work?

ABGreg86
Brand New Start

Post by ABGreg86 »

Hi everyone, anyone in the Los Angeles area having issues with their orders directly from the Alter Bridge store? I know today is release day but my package still says its in Illinois... kind of bummed out since i did pre-order...

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

:cheers
TremontiFan4Life wrote:Sometimes when I read the comments talking about how Myles can be nasally sometimes or off pitch or whatever the case may be it kind of makes me feel like people nitpick a bit too much, depending on the mood I'm in at the time. I read the one, about him sounding nasally this morning and although admittedly I didn't watch the video the first thing that popped into my head was damn you guys can be a bit over critical at times. I'm not jumping down anybody's throat or trying to criticize anyone but I think I just have a bit of a different perspective in that I'm just glad that number one the show got captured and number two they have any DVD or Blu-ray releases at all of any kind after the bullshit they went through with DC3. I've got enough confidence and Alter Bridge as a band and enough trust in them to know that they're not going to put something out that sounds like somebody recorded someone else taking a shit. When you really stop and think about it how many people can you name either off the top of your head or if you had time to think about it who else sounds as good as Myles at almost 50 years old after the continuous extensive touring that he has done? Fucking Axl Rose only has flashes of his old self but he can't sustain it continuously night in and night out it's a damn difficult thing to do. I've dreamed of something like this happening for years and I'm quite glad that I am not watching any of these preview videos it gives me something to really look forward to, not knowing what to expect I think is a beautiful thing. Sometimes I feel like these days too much is given away to hype a release before a CD or DVD is actually release.

One last thing is that some people say maybe he shouldn't tour himself to death and wear out his voice which is his bread and butter. Maybe he kind of has to, since records don't sell nearly as much as they used to and you can get like a number one album with like 50,000 albums or something sold in a week. The only viable way that artists had to make any money anymore is touring because it's the one last thing that they have left that can't be pirated duplicated or ripped off, it's really become a working man's industry, we all know you can't just sit back and get rich on album sales anymore. I would venture to say that nobody gets in the music business with the idea of getting rich and famous, these days at least for anybody in the rock or metal genre they do it because they love it. If Myles can continue to take care of his voice at the level he is at his age go for it brother

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

MidnightToker wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
MidnightToker wrote:Does anyone know if this will be available in Best Buy or Walmart? Amazon has not only not shipped my order yet, but they haven't even charged me. There is no processing going on whatsoever. If I can get it at Best Buy or Walmart this weekend, I'll cancel my Amazon order today.
Best Buy shows a SKU for the vinyl, but not the Blu-ray or DVD.

I'm going to hold out until tomorrow when it officially releases. If they don't have the BD by then (which I'm not holding onto hope for at all), I'm going to Amazon for it. I may run into just as much trouble as you though.
I would highly advise you to not use Amazon for this one. It's release day and mine hasn't even shipped yet. If it doesn't by the end of the day, I'm going to cancel my order and order from Napalm, which I should have done from the start. I usually don't have problems with Amazon but of course I do now for the DVD I've been looking forward to since I heard about the show.

Yesterday the Amazon guy told me it was "processing for shipment" or something like that, like it was just about to ship. But the fact that it hasn't shipped by release date really sucks. Everyone else is watching their copy and I'm looking at at least another week until I can. To make matters worse, I'm not aware of any brick-and-mortar store that sells the Blu-Ray/DVD.
My Amazon order is currently "out for delivery". :shrug

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Weird. I guess it's only certain Amazon orders. Hopefully I'll get mine next week. Lesson learned: Order through Napalm next time.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

MidnightToker wrote:Weird. I guess it's only certain Amazon orders. Hopefully I'll get mine next week. Lesson learned: Order through Napalm next time.
I back this statement 100%. I got my package from Napalm one day earlier than the release date. Nothing was damaged. Everything was bubble wrapped, saran wrap, and taped to death. They are 2 for 2 in getting live releases for AB in a timely manner which is a lot more than I can say than their prior live releases.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I haven't gotten my deluxe box set from Napalm yet

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Troops4Tremonti wrote:
The orchestra is virtually non existence on much of the audio. On some parts, the lack of orchestra seems preemptive even. For instance, every time Mark has a solo, it's like the orchestra is taking a bathroom break. When the songs first started to get released I thought "well, maybe the orchestra just wasn't playing that much or that loudly.
I haven't yet listened to the show, mainly because my copy hasn't arrived (more on that later...), but because I also want to save the experience for when I can watch the show on a nice TV with some nice beer. Having said that, I attended both shows and one of the things I noticed (if my memory serves me correctly) is that the orchestra simply weren't playing during the majority of Mark's solos, so that's why you can't hear them.

I ordered the Earbook bundle via the UK Alter Bridge store. I'm aware that some people have posted that they've been contacted regarding their order and delays, but I've received zero communication from the store and the item hasn't arrived. I'm aware that they have had manufacturing problems, but it's simply shitty service to pre-order a item for release date (and spend a whopping £11 on postage) and not only have it not arrive on the release date, but receive no communication whatsoever. Ah well, next time instead of ordering from the band directly, I'll just go to Amazon. I'll also save my energy by stopping whining here and email a complaint to the store.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Sadly, the sound during and after Open Your Eyes is pretty corrupted on my BluRay. Or maybe it was just my PS4 running hot, dunno. Going to try it out tomorrrow again.

Yes, the orchestra is too quiet during the majority of the concert. So was Mark's voice during his leads. Still the orchestra added a lot to the songs, especially This Side of Fate sounded great. Overall I really enjoyed the show, also the documentary parts were super fun. These guys are all so sympathetic and the insights into concerts preparation were really interesting. I mean, the fact that they rehearsed the set only once is kinda insane.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

malec
Brand New Start

Post by malec »

where is the link to fortress?! i need this!

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

malec wrote:where is the link to fortress?! i need this!
Not sure it’s meant to be released haha. Hope it will be, but it’s not yet.

malec
Brand New Start

Post by malec »

u can clearly see they are watching it on youtube

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Bottom right logo indicates that it's probably an unlisted link from the Napalm Records Youtube channel, I think. How did they find it?

lawmaker25
Brand New Start

Post by lawmaker25 »

Omg, come on guys lets be honest, this sound is wrong, mix is wrong.. Where is orchestra?? If they wanted orchestra so low in mix they could have took a keybord player with violin sounds... Who ever did this just needed to listen metallica s&m and then he would knew how this needs to sound... I love AB but tthis is not a good job, poorly done, too bad, this should have been a legendary live album :facepalm.... Or mix guy couldnt even do better job if its not recorded good enough, thats even worse... And orchestra could have played way more and different melody lines, not play mostly riff melodies... On metallicas s&m orchestra doesnt plays whats band is playing, Michael Kamen built whole new music over metallicas which blended perfectly, now i see what a genious that guy was... Maybe i expected too much:P.... But ok i enjoy it because its AB,great set list, im just sorry thats its not done the best way possible

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

anguyen92 wrote:Bottom right logo indicates that it's probably an unlisted link from the Napalm Records Youtube channel, I think. How did they find it?
They were sent the link. They say at the beginning that a guy from the publishing company reached out to them.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

lawmaker25 wrote:Omg, come on guys lets be honest, this sound is wrong, mix is wrong.. Where is orchestra?? If they wanted orchestra so low in mix they could have took a keybord player with violin sounds... Who ever did this just needed to listen metallica s&m and then he would knew how this needs to sound... I love AB but tthis is not a good job, poorly done, too bad, this should have been a legendary live album :facepalm.... Or mix guy couldnt even do better job if its not recorded good enough, thats even worse... And orchestra could have played way more and different melody lines, not play mostly riff melodies... On metallicas s&m orchestra doesnt plays whats band is playing, Michael Kamen built whole new music over metallicas which blended perfectly, now i see what a genious that guy was... Maybe i expected too much:P.... But ok i enjoy it because its AB,great set list, im just sorry thats its not done the best way possible
Are you talking about the blu-ray?
I've have read some reviews and overall are quite good. But i'm worried to see some people mention the mix problem, but i don't know if it's the blu-ray or cd version, vynil ou spotify, whatever...

I've already listen the concert, and in my opinion the mix is a disaster. It's very hard to hear the orchestra, even when the guitars are more quieter. Myles guitar is too loud. I don't know, i just don't like it. I have to listen more for a better opinion.