Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
nagpo
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Post by nagpo »

anguyen92 wrote:
nagpo wrote:That wasn't very good. Couldn't really hear the orchestral well - they didn't stand out. And Myles had little energy in his voice. He didn't sing it like on the record.
Gee, I wonder if any other 48-year old (after endless touring with two bands) can sing a song today like they did 14 years ago. For what it is worth, he sounds fine. The orchestra was really in full force at the outro and during the bridge.
if you can't sing it right then don't sing it :shrug maybe don't tour so much that it kills your voice, your bread and butter

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

What was exactly wrong with his singing then? I want to hear more specifics please. As I stated, he sounded fine. Didn't had a bum note, didn't forget the lyrics (for once), etc.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

This just in: all of the world's concerts for the next six years are cancelled for voice recovery purposes.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Myles is absolutely great. The only minor thing i dislike he was very nasal on the high note.
I think the day Myles does not feel his voice in conditions he will stop giving so many concerts.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

being a little negative there nagpo. for all the touring he has done we should be thankful he still sounds as great as he does and can actually sing to pitch pretty consistently.
Thanks Timo!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

But i gotta agree to some extent. Myles sounded pretty nasal in that performance.

alterswede
Brand New Start

Post by alterswede »

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Wait, so the interviews are part of the playthrough and can't be played in sequence without them?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Wait, so the interviews are part of the playthrough and can't be played in sequence without them?
Looks like the behind the scenes stuff is going to be played in between certain songs.

alterswede
Brand New Start

Post by alterswede »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Wait, so the interviews are part of the playthrough and can't be played in sequence without them?
You could probably skip the interviews with your remote... or if they have added an option in the bluray menu to just play the songs.
Anyways, here's the tracklistning
1 Intro
2 Slip To The Void
3 Addicted To Pain
4 Before Tomorrow Comes
5 Show preparation / Interview
6 The Writing On The Wall
7 Cry Of Achilles
8 In Loving Memory
9 Fortress
10 The first rehearsal / Interview
11 Ties That Bind
12 The Other Side
13 Rehearsal reactions
14 Brand New Start
15 Ghost Of Days Gone By
16 Future Song Foundation / Interview
17 The Last Hero
18 The End Is Here
19 Rehearsal - WDTTW / Interview
20 Words Darker Than Their Wings
21 Waters Rising
22 Lover
23 Family / Interview
24 Wonderful Life/Watch Over You
25 This Side Of Fate
26 Fans / Interview
27 Broken Wings
28 Blackbird
29 Open Your Eyes
30 End titles / Credits

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

no song previews yet?

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

Regarding some of the earlier critical comments on the video, I would like to make an observation. I know the term 'nasally' is tossed around a lot regarding Myles (especially live), but I feel like many times the problem is more a matter of pronunciation. I thought it was a solid performance overall. If anything the high note at the end of "The End is Here" just sounded like it was sung with the wrong vowel sound to me. It sounds like 'the end is haar,' and to me seemed completely deliberate. That doesn't mean that it sounds good that way, but I don't think this is really a case of tiredness. It's just Myles and his "technique" :rolleyes
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Sometimes when I read the comments talking about how Myles can be nasally sometimes or off pitch or whatever the case may be it kind of makes me feel like people nitpick a bit too much, depending on the mood I'm in at the time. I read the one, about him sounding nasally this morning and although admittedly I didn't watch the video the first thing that popped into my head was damn you guys can be a bit over critical at times. I'm not jumping down anybody's throat or trying to criticize anyone but I think I just have a bit of a different perspective in that I'm just glad that number one the show got captured and number two they have any DVD or Blu-ray releases at all of any kind after the bullshit they went through with DC3. I've got enough confidence and Alter Bridge as a band and enough trust in them to know that they're not going to put something out that sounds like somebody recorded someone else taking a shit. When you really stop and think about it how many people can you name either off the top of your head or if you had time to think about it who else sounds as good as Myles at almost 50 years old after the continuous extensive touring that he has done? Fucking Axl Rose only has flashes of his old self but he can't sustain it continuously night in and night out it's a damn difficult thing to do. I've dreamed of something like this happening for years and I'm quite glad that I am not watching any of these preview videos it gives me something to really look forward to, not knowing what to expect I think is a beautiful thing. Sometimes I feel like these days too much is given away to hype a release before a CD or DVD is actually release.

One last thing is that some people say maybe he shouldn't tour himself to death and wear out his voice which is his bread and butter. Maybe he kind of has to, since records don't sell nearly as much as they used to and you can get like a number one album with like 50,000 albums or something sold in a week. The only viable way that artists had to make any money anymore is touring because it's the one last thing that they have left that can't be pirated duplicated or ripped off, it's really become a working man's industry, we all know you can't just sit back and get rich on album sales anymore. I would venture to say that nobody gets in the music business with the idea of getting rich and famous, these days at least for anybody in the rock or metal genre they do it because they love it. If Myles can continue to take care of his voice at the level he is at his age go for it brother

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

TremontiFan4Life wrote:Sometimes when I read the comments talking about how Myles can be nasally sometimes or off pitch or whatever the case may be it kind of makes me feel like people nitpick a bit too much, depending on the mood I'm in at the time. I read the one, about him sounding nasally this morning and although admittedly I didn't watch the video the first thing that popped into my head was damn you guys can be a bit over critical at times. I'm not jumping down anybody's throat or trying to criticize anyone but I think I just have a bit of a different perspective in that I'm just glad that number one the show got captured and number two they have any DVD or Blu-ray releases at all of any kind after the bullshit they went through with DC3. I've got enough confidence and Alter Bridge as a band and enough trust in them to know that they're not going to put something out that sounds like somebody recorded someone else taking a shit. When you really stop and think about it how many people can you name either off the top of your head or if you had time to think about it who else sounds as good as Myles at almost 50 years old after the continuous extensive touring that he has done? Fucking Axl Rose only has flashes of his old self but he can't sustain it continuously night in and night out it's a damn difficult thing to do. I've dreamed of something like this happening for years and I'm quite glad that I am not watching any of these preview videos it gives me something to really look forward to, not knowing what to expect I think is a beautiful thing. Sometimes I feel like these days too much is given away to hype a release before a CD or DVD is actually release.

One last thing is that some people say maybe he shouldn't tour himself to death and wear out his voice which is his bread and butter. Maybe he kind of has to, since records don't sell nearly as much as they used to and you can get like a number one album with like 50,000 albums or something sold in a week. The only viable way that artists had to make any money anymore is touring because it's the one last thing that they have left that can't be pirated duplicated or ripped off, it's really become a working man's industry, we all know you can't just sit back and get rich on album sales anymore. I would venture to say that nobody gets in the music business with the idea of getting rich and famous, these days at least for anybody in the rock or metal genre they do it because they love it. If Myles can continue to take care of his voice at the level he is at his age go for it brother
Everything bother somebody in some way. But, rest assured, Myles didn't sound bad. I'm very critical of singing and I hold a (probably too) high standard for vocalists and Myles sounded fine.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

nagpo wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:
nagpo wrote:That wasn't very good. Couldn't really hear the orchestral well - they didn't stand out. And Myles had little energy in his voice. He didn't sing it like on the record.
Gee, I wonder if any other 48-year old (after endless touring with two bands) can sing a song today like they did 14 years ago. For what it is worth, he sounds fine. The orchestra was really in full force at the outro and during the bridge.
if you can't sing it right then don't sing it :shrug maybe don't tour so much that it kills your voice, your bread and butter
That seems like such an absurd suggestion...to say that he should stop using his voice, his "bread and butter", in the way that he actually makes money off of it. Have you seen album sales numbers lately? They're not making any money off of that.

Plus it's only natural for voices to degrade some with age, regardless of whether you're using it nightly to sing or not. He should absolutely be taking advantage of using it now.

Fortress1988
Brand New Start

Post by Fortress1988 »

Hi !

The pre-orders will be shipped on 04.09.18 via registered shipment with the AUSTRIAN Post ag to India.

It can take between 10 -25 working days… It can be longer… when the customs is not so fast maybe it can take longer… but sometimes the registered letters or parcels are faster than 10 working days to India.

Sorry this is not possible that you can’t receive the pre-order on 7.9. because we have some policy we have to deal with!

We are not allowed to ship the pre-orders weeks before … we must ship the pre-orders 3 days before the release date is!

Well looks like I am going to get my copy pretty late than all of you guys !
Dammit !

alterswede
Brand New Start

Post by alterswede »

30 sec clip of this side of fate
Click on the circle
https://www.amazon.it/Royal-Albert-Feat ... ref=plSrch

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Clean up your fucking guitar, Mark!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

OH... it seems minor but that details that the orchesta adds are beautiful

SamarthJoshi
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SamarthJoshi »

Hello everyone! Long time lurker here. So excited for this new release! Pre-ordered the Bluray + T-Shirt + Earbook bundle from Napalm as well as the digital tracks from iTunes. Just downloaded the tracks which are already released and the Orchestra sounds so much better than YouTube. Can't wait for the release!