Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Alter Bridge - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

I'll reserve any actual impressions until I'm watching the Blu-ray in my home theater. The channel separation alone should help tremendously, nevermind the bitrate upgrade and my receiver/speakers.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I'm contemplating getting the 2CD/DVD and Bluray/T-shirt bundle or that + the Earbook from the US store of Napalm Records. I need some convincing on what sort of content I get from the Earbook that may be worth the extra $22.00.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I'm sorry but that skull shirt is awful. lol I ordered the blu-ray/cd from Napalm. I wasn't impressed with the mix but the blu-ray will help a lot. Also, I encourage ordering from Napalm's website. For whatever reason the prices are lower there and shipping costs are more reasonable. When I compared both options there was a $15 difference which is absurd.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

rikjohannsen90 wrote:When I go to iTunes, every song has it's track times. Also, do you think that they put a video of Words up before the release? That's their most special performance of those nights, I would rather guess something like Watch Over You or something from TLH.
I just went back to check and it’s still just The End is Here and Words. So, who knows.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

rikjohannsen90 wrote:When I go to iTunes, every song has it's track times. Also, do you think that they put a video of Words up before the release? That's their most special performance of those nights, I would rather guess something like Watch Over You or something from TLH.
I just went back to check and it’s still just The End is Here and Words. So, who knows.

rikjohannsen90
Brand New Start

Post by rikjohannsen90 »

This is what I can see:

Slip to the Void (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 5:18

Addicted to Pain (Live) 4:24

Before Tomorrow Comes (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 4:06

The Writing on the Wall (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 4:44

Cry of Achilles (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 6:56

In Loving Memory (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 5:30

Fortress (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 7:448

Ties That Bind (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 3:53

The Other Side (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 5:34

Brand New Start (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 4:50

Ghost of Days Gone By (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 4:28

The Last Hero (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 6:55

The End Is Here (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 4:26

Words Darker Than Their Wings (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 5:23

Waters Rising (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 5:51

Lover (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 5:19

Wonderful Life / Watch over You (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 7:09

This Side of Fate (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 6:56

Broken Wings (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 5:15

Blackbird (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 9:16

Open Your Eyes (feat. The Parallax Orchestra) [Live] 6:38

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Makes me wonder how they extend Blackbird to 9:16. Typically a song you just should leave it as it once was written.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

riemslag1 wrote:Makes me wonder how they extend Blackbird to 9:16. Typically a song you just should leave it as it once was written.
Beatles' Blackbird intro.

And I fully disagree.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I'll reserve any actual impressions until I'm watching the Blu-ray in my home theater. The channel separation alone should help tremendously, nevermind the bitrate upgrade and my receiver/speakers.
Amen. There was quite the ridiculous fuss today by a couple people on FB complaining about the terrible sound quality based on the Spotify preview, as if that's how the Blu-Ray is going to sound through an actual stereo/surround system.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I still don't know if the earbook is worth the $22.00 to add to the bundle I'm about to order. I need some enlightening on what it could typically contain.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

anguyen92 wrote:All right, I still don't know if the earbook is worth the $22.00 to add to the bundle I'm about to order. I need some enlightening on what it could typically contain.
Well, I think you don’t get any response simply beceause nobody has not seen it yet. Looking at the O2 earbook the difference will possibly be a lot of pages with nice professional photos, comments from the band ans possibly a story arounds both nights. The O2 earbook was sold out pretty fast. A diehard fan might be sorry not to spent the 22 dollars or euros more to own a great printed memory to such epic gigs of our favorite band. My advice would certainly be to buy it !

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, done and done. Costs me about $63.00 with all the shipping fees included. I think it's good value. 2 CDs, DVD and bluray. Shirt and Earbook. I feel like it's worth it. Plus, Napalm has done a good job so far working with AB so it's not a bad thing to buy it from their store.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

I agree with that !
The Napalm-move is the best this band could have made.
Such a great company ; really producing such great products.
And you will probably receive your purchases on or before release date ! Great customer service !

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I'm glad I bought the gold bundle, it was expensive yes but I checked today just to see if they had some left in stock and I was quite surprised, although I shouldn't have been, to see that almost all of the bundles have sold out. It's probably nothing compared to what other people have spent, either now or in the past, but for me this is the first time I have spent over $250 for tangible Alter Bridge merchandise. To know that I have one of only 100 gold bundles that are ever going to be produced is pretty cool. I'm also glad that I ended up buying the deluxe box set from napalm. The gold bundle comes with the white crew T-shirt, and in addition to the deluxe box that I also bought the other T-shirt that napalm was offering on their website. All in all I got pretty much everything that they were offering, minus the different colored vinyl, but I honestly couldn't spend any more.

Ever since they announced that they were playing these shows with an orchestra, and playing so many songs that haven't really been played since the One Day Remains or early Blackbird eras I wanted this performance. I feel like Fortress was a fantastic album, better than The Last Hero in a lot of respects, and I always felt that it was an injustice that that music did not have the opportunity to be showcased in its own standalone DVD or Blu-ray. So for me to finally be able to have that for the most part along with the addition of an orchestra, and songs like In Loving Memory being played for the first time on a recorded performance since Live in Amsterdam with never before performed songs thrown in on top of all of that, this is by far the most anticipated multimedia release that Alter Bridge have ever produced and I cannot wait until September to be able to experience it

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

No LP-picture disc untill now. I wonder if that will be up for pre-order soon or they will save for the next Record-Store-Day cycle !?
Furthermore I fully agree, this will probably be their most epic release untill now................................

AnybodyListening.net
Brand New Start

Post by AnybodyListening.net »

anguyen92 wrote:^^ Well, done and done. Costs me about $63.00 with all the shipping fees included. I think it's good value. 2 CDs, DVD and bluray. Shirt and Earbook. I feel like it's worth it. Plus, Napalm has done a good job so far working with AB so it's not a bad thing to buy it from their store.
Nice haul. I like the Earbooks. Usually not much more than nicer packaging, but if you have the cash to spend, that's the way to go. As I posted a page ago on this thread, I got the (now sold out) Exclusive Stage Bundle that was on AB's website (it had a bunch of stuff, including the white vinyl and CDs/Blluray and goodies -- https://alterbridge.com/products/ab-rah-stage-bundle-1), and I picked my wife up the 2 CD/DVD/BluRay Digipack and t-shirt bundle on Napalm's site. This also sold out quickly, and doesn't appear on Napalm's site any longer, which is a little disconcerting. (I thought they usually appear listed as sold out).

To me, if you get enjoyment out of something, and have the cash, then get the thing you like the most. I didn't get any earbook this time around, but I have in the past (I think I got the last live album/rarities set as an earbook).

MrsPog
Bought The CDs

Post by MrsPog »

I was lucky enough to be at the second night... You won't be disappointed guys. Utterly brilliant! Enjoy.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Damn. He absolutely slayed that high note on WDTTW. It sounded good in the hall but I wondered how clean it would be on the recording.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

THEY GAVE IT AWAY IN THE PREVIEW!!!!!

:giddy