Lost In Vegas reacts to Alter Bridge - EXCLUSIVE Royal Albert Hall Clip

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Lost In Vegas reacts to Alter Bridge - EXCLUSIVE Royal Albert Hall Clip

Post by Electricladyland »

Hey all!

Lost In Vegas is a YouTube reaction channel that has been getting a lot of noise in the music community...mainly the metal community. They are two guys who are Hip-Hop heads who wanted to expand their musical boundaries that included metal, country, R&B, etc. They call themselves "Free Thinkers" with their unbiased, real time reactions. This is no ordinary reaction channel. Their thoughts are insightful, provoking, and funny at times! They have gotten big enough to where Dave Mustaine, Gojira, Tom Morello, and Phil Anselmo have given them shout outs on YouTube and Twitter.

I've been following them for a few months now, and have been continuously requesting them to do Blackbird. They responded to me Twitter when I did this :lol

That was a week ago, and even though they credited someone else to get them to react to Alter Bridge, they finally did it.

I think ya'll will love their reaction to Blackbird as much as they loved the song :rockon

Disclaimer: They will continuously pause the song to commentate. I actually like that, but i can see where some might find it annoying at first.

Last edited by Electricladyland on Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Lost In Vegas reacts to Alter Bridge

Post by anguyen92 »

I, too, have been somewhat keeping track of these guys since they did their reactions to Metallica's One and Master of Puppets and they were pretty much open and spoke in great detail and praise about every bit of the songs. I didn't think AB would be on their radar at all, but eventually Youtube comments persistence pays off, I guess. I'm also glad they picked Blackbird as oppose to the single-like tracks like Isolation, Metalingus, Open Your Eyes, etc., because despite its long length, Blackbird is just an incredible song that displays everything tremendous about the band.

The Lost in Vegas guys. They stated that when they first heard of the name, Alter Bridge, they do not know who the band is at all. I guess they do not know the band members or what other bands they are a part of, which is actually a good sign, since they can really listen to the song with open ears and formed their opinions just based on the song. Those guys' thoughts was really on point of what the essence of what the song is. The musicianship, the vocals, how the song moves from point A to point B, the solos, the lyric topic, etc. They pretty much nailed it. I'm glad they liked it.

coldenscence
Bought The CDs

Post by coldenscence »

Haha! I literally visited the forum to create a thread about their reaction. Seems like these two dudes have way more fans than I thought they had. Cool

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

that was pretty cool. nice that AB gets more recognition.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Subscribed! These guys are cool, and I appreciate the depth of the reactions.

Electricladyland
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Electricladyland »

Exactly! The depth and detail of when they react to a song made me an instant follower. I was never a big "Reaction Video" kind of guy, although some of the Fine Brothers stuff is hilarious. However, I consider myself a free thinker too, and seeing how I approach music is very similar to how they approach it.

Their reaction to Holy Wars...The Punishment Due by Megadeth is just as endearing as this Blackbird video. It reminds me when I first heard that song, and loved the key changes and aggressiveness. These guys are just getting into metal and rock for almost a year now, and they have a good ear on what makes a good song...whether it's rock, metal, rap, country, etc.

BTW I loved George's reaction to Tremonti's section of the Blackbird solo. I took a screenshot and made a meme lol

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I've discovered these guys just last week, and George (the guy on the right) usually has some interesting things to say about songs he just heard.
It's also funny to see them not like a song that is viewed by every metalhead as a classic (e.g. Caught in a Mosh).

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Love these guys. Been a subscriber for a while. Loved this one. I love Ryan's response to the heavy part of Metallica's One
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

These guys seem to appreciate melody, I'd like to see them react to some symphonic/power metal.
Enjoyed the video very much, and from what I could see scrolling, it has a lot more views than what they usually get.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I wonder what song they're gonna do next, because like they said at the end of the video, they set the bar really high with this song. I'm hoping for Cry of Achilles.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Two guys pretending that they listen the first time to a bunch of rock and metal songs. Interesting way to make money.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Sometimes, you can see a look of total surprise on their faces when there is a sudden change during a song.
Plus, I'm not sure they're making any money with this, because of copyright issues.
But for the most part, I agree with you. It's a ridiculous concept when you thiink about it, and most reaction videos on Youtube are totally fake and over the top. These guys seem to be the exception.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

In the Queen video they admit that they've heard the song before (because duh..) and they also do R&B and rap videos on new songs in that genre. I think they're being genuine.

Interesting way to make money for sure, but it seems to be working, so yay for them.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Loved this so much.

Todd Jackson deserves a free TABN membership for his efforts.

And even for a diehard like me, watching someone break down Blackbird reminds me just how incredible this song is. The music. The vocals. The lyrics. The mood. It is perfect.

God I love Alter Bridge.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Is a TABN membership cost now?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Is a TABN membership cost now?
You haven't been paying? We'll have Kevin call the collection agency.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Maybe it's Maybelline.

Post by zazthespaz »

Maybe it's because I haven't listened to Blackbird in a while, but it was cool watching that review, I got chills several times from their reactions and the music. Wish I could see more of Alter Bridge's songs broken down like this. I don't stop to think about the significance of individual parts too often and usually just focus on the song as whole. We need to form local Alter Bridge Anonymous groups that meet every other week and breakdown and discuss five songs :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Andy92 wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:Is a TABN membership cost now?
You haven't been paying? We'll have Kevin call the collection agency.
My job isn't to contact the collection agency. The Accounts Receivable department does that.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Thanks for sharing this. I ended up watching this and other videos of theirs for 2+ hours last night. Very entertaining and insightful, and it reminded me of how I felt the first time I heard many of the songs.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I’m commenting for them to review Shogun, but it’d be cool if they did Achilles.