I really wish they would...

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

I really wish they would...

Post by Lukeage »

Release "Rarities" on its own.

The Winery Dogs recently released a live album with a bonus "rarities" EP. They made the rarities EP available separately.

I don't want to buy the live album just to get the rarities.

On iTunes, it seems you can buy the live album alone $18.99 (Australian dollars). Or the live album plus rarities together for $29.99 (Australian Dollars).

But you can't get just the rarities and the tracks are not available for individual sale.

Just a load of crap in my opinion. I don't like live albums. I'm only interested in the rare studio tracks. Someone just give me the damn rarities and take the live album and shove it somewhere farther than the sun (because the production is terrible)!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: I really wish they would...

Post by TenaciousBe »

To piggyback on this, the Rarities disc isn't included on the album's streams on Google Play or Spotify. I know those don't make more than pennies for anyone in the band, but still. Bogus.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Re: I really wish they would...

Post by Lukeage »

Yup. I had a look there too.

Honestly, if it were not so much more than a standard album to buy over here I'd be all over it and just wouldn't play the live discs. A standard CD here costs $19.99 usually, newly released. Live at the O2 + Rarities? $34.99 - more than double.

Recently, and I will be honest - this is the most I have ever paid up for a CD, I bought Aerosmith's Rocks Donington live set for $32.99 - that's 2 CD + DVD and still cheaper than this and I collect Aerosmith's live albums because their live jams are always delicious, and I also couldn't get it on iTunes. You can buy the concert film but not the live tracks as music downloads. So it was my only option.

Given that the iTunes download is $5 cheaper than the CD I'm looking at it... but I'm gonna shop around online first and see if I can get a better price elsewhere! Even if only for the Rarities disc, I need those songs!!