Alter Bridge Fall Tour 2017 (South America and Europe)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge Fall Tour 2017 (South America and Europe)

Post by chtimixeur »

Major kudos to them for unearthing Burn it Down.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Hm, I'd really like to see a video of the Burn It Down performance.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

So awesome to see they pulled out BID after seven years! One of my personal favorites and also one of the songs that got my wife hooked on AB. Would love for her to see it live.

It is funny that they only played one TLH song on a tour supporting that very album but keep in mind they were in Dublin less than 6 months ago and played 5 TLH tracks. Plus Ireland never got an ODR tour, a Blackbird tour, an AB III tour, or a Fortress tour, so perhaps they're just making up for lost time.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. I'm wondering if that will be a sign of things to come on future tours. And I wonder if it will be SMAL since Mark doesn't really enjoy the seven string as much.

TLH, much like ABIII is such a polarizing album amongst us all. It might be reduced to a song or two on subsequent tours.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The way I see it, for the tours after this to come, it might be just either Crows on a Wire and/or My Champion that they will play which sorta sucks given that there are still plenty of songs from The Last Hero that they have yet to play that I want them to play (like Twilight and of course, Cradle to the Grave). I mean Fortress still gets a fair amount of songs retained into the set (at least four) and they've already played Lover, Calm the Fire, and Fortress at least once this tour.

I'm still waiting for the day Fallout will be played live. They played Make It Right out of nowhere for one show, why not Fallout?

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

I'd love to hear crows, champion and last hero on future tours, poison in your veins would be another good song to keep around but it isn't as high on my list of songs I want to see as a concert staple

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

anguyen92 wrote:The way I see it, for the tours after this to come, it might be just either Crows on a Wire and/or My Champion that they will play
Please no – lol. Play the hell out of it on this tour and then retire it, IMO. The intro really doesn't translate well in a live setting, nor does Mark's signature lick in the pre-verse, and the high vocal range in the chorus is too hard on Myles's voice.

I agree about Crows though, as it's a crowd-pleaser that really ups the energy in the room. And as The Dissident suggested, Poison in Your Veins is another fun one in a live setting.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

They played Coeur d'Alene :cloud9

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Awesome. Keep mixing it up fellas.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Burn It Down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdH6uITU0ns

The solo was a bit different.. not so great. Good performance though.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Saw a FB live video where today, they played In Loving Memory in acoustic!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Holy crap pulling out surprises left and right!
Thanks Timo!

PascalM
Brand New Start

Post by PascalM »

Silvercreed wrote:Burn It Down!

I think it is really cool tht they played this song after all those years, but it is a bit of a Burn it Down Light version. It misses some power and energy that makes this song (and early performances) so good. Don't you think?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Solid performance of Myles. Sad that he was not able to put the power behind the high vocals as he was back then. But yea, i am beating a dead horse i guess. The solo was not bad either, but also not as powerful as on the record.

Edit: Myles' step dad was on the concert in Dublin. Myles dedicated Watch Over You to him that night, saying it was more "Simon and Garfunkel-like". :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp0evNxhiS8

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

It is a bit like BID-lite compared to the passionate performances of 2005–2008 but I'm still stoked they pulled it out again after all these years. Mark obviously didn't play the album solo but I liked it.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Mr. Slash wrote:

Solid performance of Myles. Sad that he was not able to put the power behind the high vocals as he was back then. But yea, i am beating a dead horse i guess. The solo was not bad either, but also not as powerful as on the record.

Edit: Myles' step dad was on the concert in Dublin. Myles dedicated Watch Over You to him that night, saying it was more "Simon and Garfunkel-like". :D

I don't agree with you about Myles vocals like at all.I think at this point he is singing better live than anytime i remember and i think its all about control

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Raven wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:

I don't agree with you about Myles vocals like at all.I think at this point he is singing better live than anytime i remember and i think its all about control
Yes, he hits the notes, but when it comes to the points where he needs to put aggressivity into his voice, he rather pulls out his nasal register. And that's what is kinda sad imo.

PascalM
Brand New Start

Post by PascalM »

Of all the The Last Hero songs the play live I keep wondering why Writing on the Wall and Crows on a Wire are so popular? Good songs, but the record has songs that are way better live. What about Poison? That song hasn't been played by them for a while...

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

PascalM wrote:Of all the The Last Hero songs the play live I keep wondering why Writing on the Wall and Crows on a Wire are so popular? Good songs, but the record has songs that are way better live. What about Poison? That song hasn't been played by them for a while...

I think Writing on the Wall is ace live,i would love to hear Losing Patience live though that bridge would go off live

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Raven wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:

Yes, he hits the notes, but when it comes to the points where he needs to put aggressivity into his voice, he rather pulls out his nasal register. And that's what is kinda sad imo.

Where u hear nasal i just hear Myles hitting that higher register.I've heard a little nasal a couple of years ago with him around the time he was doing his thing with Slash,i put it down to him just singing far too much.I mean this tour he has been fantastic as a whole and from what I've heard from the concert with the Orchestra id put it as my favourite live performance from him ever.

I felt where he had that passion in his M4 days maybe more of that rawness he doesn't have the sheer control he has now.I think the best example is how he used to sing The End Is Here live to the way he does now which imo is far superior