Alter Bridge Fall Tour 2017 (South America and Europe)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
JGremore
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Alter Bridge Fall Tour 2017 (South America and Europe)

Post by JGremore »

Am I the only one who thinks Shed My Skin would be a good closer? Especially with how involved the crowd gets? Anything is better than Rise Today at this point.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

JGremore wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Shed My Skin would be a good closer? Especially with how involved the crowd gets? Anything is better than Rise Today at this point.
You are definitely not the only one thinking this. SMS needs to be a set closer.
Thanks Timo!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

austinjhnsn wrote:
JGremore wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Shed My Skin would be a good closer? Especially with how involved the crowd gets? Anything is better than Rise Today at this point.
You are definitely not the only one thinking this. SMS needs to be a set closer.
I'd settle for it just being in the encore!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

People can't even properly clap along with it, lol (seriously, what the hell was that beginning?) Back in 04 it would've been a great closer, especially with the extra dosage of passion. Now it would just be confusing (as much as I like the song, and the fact that they played it).

If they'd have to end with a rare oldie I'd go with The End Is Here. I still can't believe they opened with that one last week. Sounds like a fever dream
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote:People can't even properly clap along with it, lol (seriously, what the hell was that beginning?)
Ah, that's a typical German thing. Even though I thought that this was more of an elder generation issue and that by now German audiences know how to clap rhythmically.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Shed My Skin could be a good main set closer, with the crowd singing along while the band goes off stage and prepares for the encore. I don't think it's powerful enough for the final set closer though, and The End Is Here is definitely not suited for that as well. It's a great album closer, but I prefer the last song of a live show to be an uplifting, positive (not necessarily lyrically, but at least musically) track. That's why Rise Today is probably still their best bet. That said, Open Your Eyes would work as well, but there are only a few others that come to my mind, and some of them aren't popular enough to be the closer (e.g. Make It Right).

By the way, I'd love to see Twilight live. Extremely underrated song in my opinion. And I also wait for the day that Mark decides to pull off Piece Is Broken - even though that's not one of the best songs on Fortress, it would absolutely kick ass live.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Timotheus wrote:People can't even properly clap along with it, lol (seriously, what the hell was that beginning?)
Ah, that's a typical German thing. Even though I thought that this was more of an elder generation issue and that by now German audiences know how to clap rhythmically.
Superior Aryan race my ass. I bet they also clap on 1 and 3.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
Oh, that's what they do all the time.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Us 'Murricans are top class clappers. That's why were often known as Clapistan. It's why we clap at the end of a movie, even when none of the actors or staff are present to hear us. It's why we clap when the plane touches ground. We're the best in the world baby. :dance

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

nagpo wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
Us 'Murricans are top class clappers. That's why were often known as Clapistan. It's why we clap at the end of a movie, even when none of the actors or staff are present to hear us. It's why we clap when the plane touches ground. We're the best in the world baby. :dance
Clapistan??? :lol :lol :lol

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

That was just stunning - stunning that they played it in the first place, and stunning how fantastic Myles sounds on it.

AB is just killing it live right now. A year and a half on the road with no other projects, playing big venues in the US with Disturbed, headlining O2, releasing the ODR B-sdes, the South American tour, the Royal Albert Hall shows, these setlists, Myles vocals. They have never been better.

And they're finally coming to Denver in less than 2 months!!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

nagpo wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
This is my all-time favorite post. It's also hella accurate!!! :lol

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I pledge allegiance to Clapistan.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

gbruin wrote:That was just stunning - stunning that they played it in the first place, and stunning how fantastic Myles sounds on it.

AB is just killing it live right now. A year and a half on the road with no other projects, playing big venues in the US with Disturbed, headlining O2, releasing the ODR B-sdes, the South American tour, the Royal Albert Hall shows, these setlists, Myles vocals. They have never been better.

And they're finally coming to Denver in less than 2 months!!

This is what I've been saying glad someone finally agree's

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Still in awe that they played it. Watching the videos, it's incredible how different Myles sings now as compared to the last time they played this song in 2005. His vocal technique has really changed over the years. It almost looks effortless for him now.
Yes! I could see this as a true "surprise" encore where they come back out on stage after the "planned" encore to do one more song for a particularly passionate crowd.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Timotheus wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
Am I missing something here? Is there something wrong with clapping on 1 and 3?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Jaded Rescue wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
Am I missing something here? Is there something wrong with clapping on 1 and 3?
It sounds hokey, at best. It works for folk songs and polka music; not so much for rock.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I love what this thread has become :lol

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Look at what you've done. What have you become?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

They played SMS again tonight in Poland!