Cradle to the Grave vid reaction

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Cradle to the Grave vid reaction

Post by Jhenrid »

Tigra wrote:Though this interview with Mark is pretty old (December 2016) and a lot of things could have changed, I thought it might be interesting to you in the topic you're discussing.

(the link is to the exact moment they start talking about that)

https://youtu.be/i2s_sdTwkc4?t=702

(how the hell to insert a youtube video directly on the page??!! :/]

The interviewer asks about the next single (after "My Champion"), suggesting CTTG but Mark replies that it’s a very personal song and it would be difficult for Myles to "go through that every evening" similarly to "In Loving Memory".
They did, however, perform "In Loving Memory" a couple (a dozen?) of times so maybe one day we'll hear CTTG live :)
In loving memory used to be played a lot. The difference is that ILM is very personal for Mark and while in I think the Amsterdam dvd you can see him being affected it's quite different playing the guitar to a personal song versus actually singing it. I really doubt Mark would've been able to sing ILM back in the ODR days.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Jhenrid wrote: In loving memory used to be played a lot. The difference is that ILM is very personal for Mark and while in I think the Amsterdam dvd you can see him being affected it's quite different playing the guitar to a personal song versus actually singing it. I really doubt Mark would've been able to sing ILM back in the ODR days.
So you're suggesting that it would be too much for Myles to sing CTTG?

They are professionals so their skills and techniques may get the upper hand, however, being artists, they are probably much more sensitive (emotional?) so it might actually be too difficult. IDK, I’m just thinking out loud as I have no idea about how a singer feels about such personal songs.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

He always skips the final part of Wonderful Life for that reason, Cradle to the Grave perhaps isn't quite as on the nose as that but I guess he could have similar problems.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Tigra wrote:
Jhenrid wrote: In loving memory used to be played a lot. The difference is that ILM is very personal for Mark and while in I think the Amsterdam dvd you can see him being affected it's quite different playing the guitar to a personal song versus actually singing it. I really doubt Mark would've been able to sing ILM back in the ODR days.
So you're suggesting that it would be too much for Myles to sing CTTG?

They are professionals so their skills and techniques may get the upper hand, however, being artists, they are probably much more sensitive (emotional?) so it might actually be too difficult. IDK, I’m just thinking out loud as I have no idea about how a singer feels about such personal songs.
I think its very possible that it could be too much, I mean look at how many times they have played ILM and Mark tends to be fine but on that dvd you can tell it's really getting to him.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Ubik wrote:He always skips the final part of Wonderful Life for that reason, Cradle to the Grave perhaps isn't quite as on the nose as that but I guess he could have similar problems.
Wow i didn't know thats why Myles always skipped the last part of Wonderful Life,you learn something everyday lol

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

One Drew Remains wrote:Awesome. I'd love to hear Poison as well. To energetic a song to not play every now and again.
Yeah i love the live versions of Poison they have done,very infectious rocken tune