Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Ubik wrote:Finally found a vid from the show with the Fortress bridge :cloud9

Damn.........that sounded good!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

gbruin wrote:That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.
I noticed during the shows that the orchestra sat out quite a few of Mark's solos, especially during the heavier songs like Fortress and Addicted. I wonder if that was the guys' personal preferences to have them play/sit during their solos or how that was decided.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

rockit2112 wrote:
gbruin wrote:That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.
I noticed during the shows that the orchestra sat out quite a few of Mark's solos, especially during the heavier songs like Fortress and Addicted. I wonder if that was the guys' personal preferences to have them play/sit during their solos or how that was decided.
Probably so. And sometimes less is more. Leaving some open spaces here and there highlights those parts left alone. Can't wait to see/hear this on the DVD.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It creates a nice contrast. Myles's part is more bombastic with the half time beat and the souring bends. Mark's solo (and technique in general) is faster and tighter, so the orchestra just accents certain note and holds back so it doesn't sound muddy. I'm pretty sure they're still playing though.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

gbruin wrote:
rockit2112 wrote:
Probably so. And sometimes less is more. Leaving some open spaces here and there highlights those parts left alone. Can't wait to see/hear this on the DVD.
So there will be a DVD/Blu-ray? I tried to search up news for it and couldn't find it anywhere, but I think it would be rather absurd if they refrained from making such a thing from an epic and versatile concert such as this one.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Yup. Planned tentatively for a late springtime release. Mark had said he hoped it would be available before Christmas, but the turnaround time would have been super tight, and they probably didn't want to release something after O2 + Rarities so quickly.

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Post by welshsteve »

Cannot wait for the Blu-ray release, hopefully on CD too. I was hoping to go to this, but couldn't in the end.
Thanks

Steve

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Photo credit: Paul Harries

©MAR/Capital Pictures /MediaPunch

Last edited by Torsten on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I see you, Min!!

Post by gbruin »

Wow. Fantastic pictures. Can't believe they're sitting on that DVD. Must have now!!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

No news on this yet?

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Someone on facebook said it was going to be released after Mark and Myles' solo albums

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Jhenrid wrote:Someone on facebook said it was going to be released after Mark and Myles' solo albums
There might be some good truth in that. Remember this. Alter Bridge, Tremonti, Myles. They are all signed with the same record label, Napalm Records, and all three have anticipated releases this year. Presumably, if the Royal Albert Hall DVD is released under Napalm (and I don't see why not after the release of the O2 Arena live CD went relatively smoothly on their end), if I'm Napalm, I would do my best to space these releases as much as possible. Ideally, since Myles' album comes out in March (Spring quarter), I probably would think A Dying Machine would be out around June or so (Summer quarter), and I would space the Royal Albert Hall DVD around Fall.

This way, you don't put the fans in a position where they may feel pressured to buy one or the other at the same period. Resulting in maximizing the anticipation of each release and maximize sales. Not everyone has the funds to buy three bundles/deluxe editions within a month or two span. I mean, I probably do, but that's the exception, not the norm.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'd be fine with a fall release. If it doesn't come out until 2019 though...I mean I'd still buy it but I probably wouldn't be as excited at that point. Fall makes sense because it's far enough away from the solo albums and gives us something AB related roughly a year before their next album would be due out (assuming they keep a 3 year album schedule going).
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh yeah, if this DVD is scheduled for a 2019 release, then the anticipation for it is screwed due to AB VI on the horizon. Man, so many good things, AB-related happening in 2018, and 2019 is going to be great for them. AB entering their 15th year as a band and AB VI. IT'S ALL SO EXCITING!!!!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Ignoring Amsterdam

Post by Timotheus »

November - March was Wembley's reach. According to my calculations the DVD should be out... right now!

I'll be just as excited in a year than I am right now.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I believe it was Tim That said the DVD would be our after Mark’s album, which is due, as of now, some time in May.
Photobucket cash grab.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

...is the album due in May, or is that just the listening party?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:...is the album due in May, or is that just the listening party?
Well remember there's that interview I posted in the A Dying Machine Thread where Mark himself said the album was projected to be out sometime in late May to early June....

But this just doesn't make sense at all :lol

Listening Party; May 12th

Album; Possibly 2 weeks-1 month later? :headscratch

Then where's the release window for the lead single if there's only that much time in between the events? Assuming the people at the LP vote for the lead single and then the band decides to release the most popular vote like they did with Dusterize and Another Heart. But this whole situation would make me assume there is no lead single at all if that's the case :headscratch

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They might release a single before the LP.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.