Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Postby AB4Lyfe » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:35 am

Ubik wrote:Finally found a vid from the show with the Fortress bridge :cloud9

Damn.........that sounded good!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Postby gbruin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:05 pm

That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Postby rockit2112 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 pm

gbruin wrote:That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.

I noticed during the shows that the orchestra sat out quite a few of Mark's solos, especially during the heavier songs like Fortress and Addicted. I wonder if that was the guys' personal preferences to have them play/sit during their solos or how that was decided.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Postby gbruin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:01 pm

rockit2112 wrote:
gbruin wrote:That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.

I noticed during the shows that the orchestra sat out quite a few of Mark's solos, especially during the heavier songs like Fortress and Addicted. I wonder if that was the guys' personal preferences to have them play/sit during their solos or how that was decided.

Probably so. And sometimes less is more. Leaving some open spaces here and there highlights those parts left alone. Can't wait to see/hear this on the DVD.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Postby Timotheus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:03 pm

It creates a nice contrast. Myles's part is more bombastic with the half time beat and the souring bends. Mark's solo (and technique in general) is faster and tighter, so the orchestra just accents certain note and holds back so it doesn't sound muddy. I'm pretty sure they're still playing though.

MuffinMcFluffin
TABN.com Citizen

Postby MuffinMcFluffin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:27 pm

gbruin wrote:
rockit2112 wrote:

Probably so. And sometimes less is more. Leaving some open spaces here and there highlights those parts left alone. Can't wait to see/hear this on the DVD.

So there will be a DVD/Blu-ray? I tried to search up news for it and couldn't find it anywhere, but I think it would be rather absurd if they refrained from making such a thing from an epic and versatile concert such as this one.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Postby gbruin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Yup. Planned tentatively for a late springtime release. Mark had said he hoped it would be available before Christmas, but the turnaround time would have been super tight, and they probably didn't want to release something after O2 + Rarities so quickly.

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Postby welshsteve » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 am

Cannot wait for the Blu-ray release, hopefully on CD too. I was hoping to go to this, but couldn't in the end.
Thanks

Steve

Return to “Alter Bridge”