Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
User avatar
AB4Lyfe
Achilles
Posts: 4915
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm
Location: My 'Fortress' is in Seattle, WA

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Postby AB4Lyfe » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:35 am

Ubik wrote:Finally found a vid from the show with the Fortress bridge :cloud9



Damn.........that sounded good!
Image

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 6377
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Postby gbruin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:05 pm

That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 am

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Postby rockit2112 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:45 pm

gbruin wrote:That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.


I noticed during the shows that the orchestra sat out quite a few of Mark's solos, especially during the heavier songs like Fortress and Addicted. I wonder if that was the guys' personal preferences to have them play/sit during their solos or how that was decided.

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 6377
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Postby gbruin » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:01 pm

rockit2112 wrote:
gbruin wrote:That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.


I noticed during the shows that the orchestra sat out quite a few of Mark's solos, especially during the heavier songs like Fortress and Addicted. I wonder if that was the guys' personal preferences to have them play/sit during their solos or how that was decided.

Probably so. And sometimes less is more. Leaving some open spaces here and there highlights those parts left alone. Can't wait to see/hear this on the DVD.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 15854
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Postby Timotheus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:03 pm

It creates a nice contrast. Myles's part is more bombastic with the half time beat and the souring bends. Mark's solo (and technique in general) is faster and tighter, so the orchestra just accents certain note and holds back so it doesn't sound muddy. I'm pretty sure they're still playing though.
Image

MuffinMcFluffin
TABN.com Citizen
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:05 am
Location: San Bruno, CA
Contact:

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Postby MuffinMcFluffin » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:27 pm

gbruin wrote:
rockit2112 wrote:
gbruin wrote:That was pretty damn spectacular. Interesting that the orchestra played behind Myles' solos but not Mark's.


I noticed during the shows that the orchestra sat out quite a few of Mark's solos, especially during the heavier songs like Fortress and Addicted. I wonder if that was the guys' personal preferences to have them play/sit during their solos or how that was decided.

Probably so. And sometimes less is more. Leaving some open spaces here and there highlights those parts left alone. Can't wait to see/hear this on the DVD.

So there will be a DVD/Blu-ray? I tried to search up news for it and couldn't find it anywhere, but I think it would be rather absurd if they refrained from making such a thing from an epic and versatile concert such as this one.

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 6377
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Postby gbruin » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Yup. Planned tentatively for a late springtime release. Mark had said he hoped it would be available before Christmas, but the turnaround time would have been super tight, and they probably didn't want to release something after O2 + Rarities so quickly.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

User avatar
welshsteve
Brand New Start
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:10 am

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Postby welshsteve » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 am

Cannot wait for the Blu-ray release, hopefully on CD too. I was hoping to go to this, but couldn't in the end.
Thanks

Steve


Return to “Alter Bridge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests