Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Post by Blackbirddd »

Myles sang 'fly awee' today : (

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Maybe they already decided the performance from the first night was the one for the DVD lol
Thanks Timo!

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Yeah I think so, I mean they are obviously going to choose songs of both nights right?

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

As long as we get the full set.............

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

T'was a great gig last night but couldn't fully appreciate it due to being up in the Gods with a restricted view. Also, the sound didn't travel well and was hard to decipher the music a lot of the time. I wish I was standing now. Bit gutted really :( I'll have to wait for the DVD to experience what I didn't.

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

What an incredible evening. Got to the Albert Hall in plenty of time so went and had a posh meal (glorified sausage and mash but, hey, as it's London they can charge twenty quid!). Staff at the venue were class acts throughout the night - really set the tone and made us feel like we were about to witness something grand and special.

The gig itself was TRANCENDENT. A perfect set list for orchestra accompaniment - every song soared and watching the ebb and flow of the orchestra from up high as well as the band and lighting was, at times, actually beautiful.

Myles sang his arse off - I've seen them many times but never heard him sing better. Standout songs were ILM, GODGB, Fortress. Songs that were potentially life changing were Words Darker Than Their Wings - this got a lengthy standing ovation and a bowled over Myles conceded that they'd have to put it in the regular set! Blackbird was the showpiece - an already perfect song elevated into an anguished howl to the heavens. Guitar solos squealing and the orchestra playing with a fire and fury like never seen.

An emotional, epic night. I'll never forget it. Well done AB.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm not sure the Slip intro is going to sound the same to me now if it doesn't have those little pan pipes.
For all of the hope that it brings...

malec
Brand New Start

Post by malec »

someone got this side of fate video?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Thanks for the reviews everyone! I've got this pit of regret my my stomach over not making the trip, but hearing about all of your experiences helps.
Box Of Frogz wrote:Words Darker Than Their Wings - this got a lengthy standing ovation and a bowled over Myles conceded that they'd have to put it in the regular set!
That's awesome! I really hope they do start playing it regularly. Although perhaps it would be good to wait until after the DVD comes out so we can all hear it in its full orchestral glory first.
BMus1 wrote:Anyone know why the set lengths are so unbalanced? I'm merely curious, having set one half as long as set two was an interesting tactic.
From what Stijn told me the orchestra union rules say they can only play 90 minutes at a time without a break. So they decided on a short first set so they could maximize the length of the second set without interruption.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Thanks for those reviews! Sounds magical :)

Seeing them soon, hope they do add Words to the set!
Thanks Timo!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Imagine the reaction Words would get if it actually closed the main set or encore. Literally leave on a high note.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Imagine the reaction Words would get if it actually closed the main set or encore. Literally leave on a high note.
This is what I was thinking. Just replace Rise Today with Words.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

abw1987 wrote:
Box Of Frogz wrote:Words Darker Than Their Wings - this got a lengthy standing ovation and a bowled over Myles conceded that they'd have to put it in the regular set!
That's awesome! I really hope they do start playing it regularly. Although perhaps it would be good to wait until after the DVD comes out so we can all hear it in its full orchestral glory first.
No, no, no!
I want to hear it live on Oct, 20th! If they don't play it and wait until the release of the RAH DVD, I may never have another chance to experience it live!

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I hope that they release a video or two before the full dvd. Especially if it's not coming out this year. Maybe we can get Words first!

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

Just going to post some quick thoughts on my mobile as I'm still in London.

I'm a former big fan of AB but my interest in them has strongly faded after TLH, but these two gigs were exceptional. I know the people who didn't get to see these gigs will be watching YouTube videos, I've seen a few and they do not do justice to the overall vibe and sound of the night.

Songs like the end is here, ghost of days gone by and lover were highlights and left me stunned.

I'm a big fan of the epics, so to hear songs like fortress and the last hero in the rest was superb. I chose not to see AB on their last tour as I simply was not interested most of their last album, or hearing songs like isolation or come to life again. But if they keep a similar set, including multiple longer songs, then this will really elevate their set.

More quick thoughts - on night 1 Myles barely interacted with the crowd, whereas he was much more relaxed and interactive on night 2. Wonderful life was also a highlight, I just wish more was played than the verses and choruses. Unless AB do more dates with the orchestra, they'll never sound this good again.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I hope the cameras captured that standing ovation.

Also, we need to blow up the bands Twitter for WDTTW for the US run. It's a great time to be ready to see them with so many songs rehearsed right now.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

malec wrote:someone got this side of fate video?

Second this,i heard 1 minute and it sounded utterly glorius

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, heard a couple of the youtube videos out there (going to avoid hearing Fortress, The Last Hero, This Side of Fate, Blackbird, Cry of Achilles, and Words Darker Than Their Wings until we get to see a proshot quality of it) and oh yeah, it's legitimately great. Truly, the band's most crowning moment. I just don't want the DVD release to be botched at all. This show deserves the upmost treatment when it comes to the DVD release product (sound/video quality, timing, everything.)

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Did Myles have any Mylesesque moments between songs? It's not a memorable AB show unless he's being naturally goofy.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

There was probably some. I heard somewhere from those that were there that he took some selfies during Broken Wings or something like that.