Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Royal Albert Hall Setlist/Speculation

Post by Timotheus »

No disguising. I don't think there's really a relation between the title and the rest of the song. Just that it's a dark song. I believe they said in an interview that they just really liked that phrase.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Fish Tacos wrote:I'd really love to hear a version of Shed My Skin or Down to My Last with an orchestral accompaniment
:yeahthat

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

I had my USB on random yesterday and Breathe Again came on.... that song would be perfect for this concert. An orchestra on that song would fit like a glove.

If they played it like I can imagine it, I think it would be a highlight of the concert.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Out of curiosity, has any of you considered the silver/gold packs at RAH?
The AB Management says fans had kept on asking for it so they decided to go for that but I wonder what the demand actually will be. The price is… insane ;) It will be a VIP (=luxurious) experience indeed. All the circumstances, the atmosphere and the venue will surely leave grand memories of once-in-a-lifetime event.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I think they really had no choice but to make it expensive. This show will likely be particularly well-attended by die-hard fans—including many traveling in from abroad—who are more willing to pay a premium for a VIP experience.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

I wouldn't like to discuss the price itself - people wiser than me decided to set it on this level. I was just wondering whether any of you lucky guys who will attend RAH considers that. I am 100% sure - and I wrote it - that it will be something unique (although somewhat hasty - as I understood there will be no signing of one item, no time for a chat, etc.)

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I bought tickets to both gigs and since I'm coming all the way from NZ I thought fuck it and bought Gold for the first gig and Silver for the second. I was prepared to shell out any extra if they were planning to do a M&G but I certainly wasn't expecting that much. Oh well. Once in a life time thing.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

They say that "fuck it" precedes the best decisions ;) So you probably made a good choice, I feel jealous as hell, you lucky girl. Have fun and I hope you'll write a couple of words of review :D

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I will! I'm pleased with my choice though my credit card isn't so stoked. :D

PascalM
Brand New Start

Post by PascalM »

Hi all,

Not really setlist related but RAH related: Do you guys received your tickets already? I ordered them as soon as they were available but never received any tickets?

Also, I might not be able to go...so if anyone is interested, please let me know (if I ever receive the tickets)

Thanks!

darktrip13
Brand New Start

Post by darktrip13 »

COME TO LIFE
GHOSTS
LOVER
BRAND NEW START
CRY OF ACHILLES
OTHER SIDE
STILL REMAINS
FORTRESS
WATERS RISING
END IS HERE
LAST HERO
BROKEN WINGS
CALM THE FIRE
IN LOVING MEMORY
SHED MY SKIN
CRADLE
WAYWARD ONE
BREATHE AGAIN
WATCH OVER YOU
ISOLATION
BLACKBIRD
OPEN YOUR EYES

So, five songs from each album which I think would be the "ideal" set at the RAH. What do y'all think?

edhall33
Brand New Start

Post by edhall33 »

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Unfortunately I need to sell two stalls seated tickets to the Royal Albert Hall gig Tuesday 3rd of October, and am keen to pass them on directly rather than use secondary resale websites. They're in stalls seating block L, row 4. Happy to sell them for face value £50 each, but need to sell both together. If anyone's interested please let me know here or email me at edhall33@hotmail.com. Happy either with online payment or to meet you at the venue to exchange. Sorry again if this is not an appropriate place to post this, but really need to sell these, so please let me know if you or anyone you know may be interested.

edhall33
Brand New Start

Post by edhall33 »

edhall33 wrote:Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Unfortunately I need to sell two stalls seated tickets to the Royal Albert Hall gig Tuesday 3rd of October, and am keen to pass them on directly rather than use secondary resale websites. They're in stalls seating block L, row 4. Happy to sell them for face value £50 each, but need to sell both together. If anyone's interested please let me know here or email me at edhall33@hotmail.com. Happy either with online payment or to meet you at the venue to exchange. Sorry again if this is not an appropriate place to post this, but really need to sell these, so please let me know if you or anyone you know may be interested.
Pleased to say I've actually been able to return them to the Royal Albert Hall box office for face value, I assume they'll probably re-insert them into their website at some point! Sorry for all that over nothing!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Mark said in an interview we'll get the DVD by Christmas. WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

He also said that they're expected to get a new record to the label by mid-2019. I don't know how I feel about the phrasing of that answer but hooray for new music!!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I mean in the next AB album in mid-2019 would be much earlier than the usual late September/early October release, so that could be something great to hear.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I hope it is released in time for festival season that year, so they could add the new typical 1-2 songs there for more recognition.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Dvd/cd by Xmas is ambitious but makes sense as far as sales and revenue is concerned. What a filled AB-year this is becoming !

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

If they indeed intend to headline Download in 2019, they'll need an album with a huge single in the spring of that year.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

chtimixeur wrote:If they indeed intend to headline Download in 2019, they'll need an album with a huge single in the spring of that year.
Which is never ever ever ever going to happen. I don't think that AB will ever leave their bubble. They will always be that "yea, they are pretty cool" band.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't even think headlining Download is in their intentions when it comes to their goals. I mean would they want to headline if they get the call? Sure. Besides, them headlining Download would not be as cool as doing what they are going to do at Royal Albert Hall. At Download, they will be playing 18-19 songs and we all know what the songs are and it just would not be exciting. At Royal Albert Hall, they are playing with an orchestra and is contemplating playing some deeper cuts.

Honestly, I want to see them do more cooler things like what they are doing at Royal Albert Hall than doing the festival touring circlet (playing the same 8-10 songs) and really play longer shows in front of passionate fans rather than play to a mainstream market. If only they adopted the Rush mentality more.