ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

Post by abw1987 »

Guys, let's not share any links to copyrighted material. (Facelessman – I do appreciate you specifying *legally* in your post.) Even if you find them on a public site like YouTube, they're actively being taken down anyway so the band would obviously prefer these tracks not be proliferated illegally at this time. Thanks for your understanding.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Ubik wrote:Breathe still far and away the best b-side from ODR for me, prefer it to a lot of songs on the album. Solace and Cruel Sun are so cool to hear finally though. And Outright still the best b-side they've put out :cloud9

Oh i love Outright,have from the moment i heard it

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Im not sure if this will be a popular opinion but as a rule i absolutely love the mixing on this album.Myles and Mark are very clearly split in 2 channels and its easy to hear what both contribute to each song,that goes for both guitars and vocals.Also i think Brian and Flip are much more present in the mix.That and i love loud boomy live feel from each song certainly sounds great in my car pumped up

PascalM
Brand New Start

Post by PascalM »

Raven wrote:Im not sure if this will be a popular opinion but as a rule i absolutely love the mixing on this album.Myles and Mark are very clearly split in 2 channels and its easy to hear what both contribute to each song,that goes for both guitars and vocals.Also i think Brian and Flip are much more present in the mix.That and i love loud boomy live feel from each song certainly sounds great in my car pumped up
Yeah but it doesn't work for Metalingus...They should have made sure that Tremonti's guitar was on both channels. Now it just sounds empty...

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

Absolutely love Solace, such a great track. Cruel Sun and Symphony of Agony are both great as well.

Two notes:
- Myles, thanks for being classy. I was so disappointed at Myles for dropping an F-bomb in Ghosts on the Live at Wembley album. That was unnecessary and really ruined that performance for me. In between songs, okay fine... but don't adlib it into a song. You're better than that.

- Why no Island of Fools? The best track on The Last Hero and it was left off. No Fortress either. Yet Poison In Your Veins made it, which is an easily skippable track.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Symphony of Agony is the exact same song as Last Of Our Kind, right?

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Image UK

American rockers Alter Bridge start at 16 with their Live At The O2 + Rarities double album.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

DeadCell wrote:Absolutely love Solace, such a great track. Cruel Sun and Symphony of Agony are both great as well.

Two notes:
- Myles, thanks for being classy. I was so disappointed at Myles for dropping an F-bomb in Ghosts on the Live at Wembley album. That was unnecessary and really ruined that performance for me. In between songs, okay fine... but don't adlib it into a song. You're better than that.

- Why no Island of Fools? The best track on The Last Hero and it was left off. No Fortress either. Yet Poison In Your Veins made it, which is an easily skippable track.
who cares if he cusses?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

He likes to use that word when mentioning broken hearts. I've heard him use it several times in AtP live.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

nagpo wrote:
DeadCell wrote:Absolutely love Solace, such a great track. Cruel Sun and Symphony of Agony are both great as well.

Two notes:

who cares if he cusses?
eh I'm not the biggest fan. Its sounds like a pre teen trying to sound cool by swearing.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

AllC392Was wrote:
nagpo wrote:

Two notes:

who cares if he cusses?
eh I'm not the biggest fan. Its sounds like a pre teen trying to sound cool by swearing.
well he's a rock star at a live show

it's par for the course

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Who made these?

Post by Fish Tacos »

Here's a legal version of Solace

and of Cruel Sun

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

:045

if this guy thinks he's tricking anyone he's a fool

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Torsten wrote:Image UK

American rockers Alter Bridge start at 16 with their Live At The O2 + Rarities double album.
Nice! Hadn't even thought about it charting as a live album.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I picked up a copy tonight on Amazon, and I enjoyed both new tracks. But man Solace is really outstanding. I guess I see why it didn't make the main album, but for an unreleased track it really packs a lot of emotion. I miss the days of those lyrics and that voice.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

No complaints about (especially) Marks guitar sound?

I noticed it a lot already on live recordings, and this album is no different. Listen to the Cry of Achilles verse or the intro of Metalingus with only the right side, that's where it's the most apparent for me. There is no one on this planet that can actually say that sounds good, right? Or is it just me?
It was already annoying me on some other recordings, but on this live album it's really really ruining it for me (maybe because it's just the sound). It sounds super sloppy, not sure if it's the playing or that Mark has a difficult sound to record or both. But dayum... Myles sounds a bit more tight overall I think.

But maybe I'm just crazy.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

fix wrote:No complaints about (especially) Marks guitar sound?

I noticed it a lot already on live recordings, and this album is no different. Listen to the Cry of Achilles verse or the intro of Metalingus with only the right side, that's where it's the most apparent for me. There is no one on this planet that can actually say that sounds good, right? Or is it just me?
It was already annoying me on some other recordings, but on this live album it's really really ruining it for me (maybe because it's just the sound). It sounds super sloppy, not sure if it's the playing or that Mark has a difficult sound to record or both. But dayum... Myles sounds a bit more tight overall I think.

But maybe I'm just crazy.
Was about to post about this. Cry of Achilles sounds like absolute shit as far as Mark's guitar is concerned.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

The guitar intro/verse kind of reminds me of Inside Us All.

hgwy407
Brand New Start

Post by hgwy407 »

Is it just me, or are there issues with customer service at the Alter Bridge store? I pre-ordered my set and it has shown "ready to ship" for a good while now. I emailed customer support a few days ago and I still haven't received a response. One would think the band would care more about their fans and customers than that. I can't imagine they are aware. Pretty sad.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: zaz posted in an AB related forum?!

Post by zazthespaz »

Man I love Solace. Can't believe it was a B-side. Worth the 14 year wait. Cruel Sun isn't bad either. Love the harmonic they strike throughout.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says