ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

Post by chtimixeur »

I totally agree with you, Jared.
It just sounds fake in their well-educated mouths.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Kinell, I miss nahaa.
For all of the hope that it brings...

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Jaded Rescue wrote:I think the problem with Myles swearing is that it feels like he puts it there out of a deliberate intention, and it didn't just happen to come out, and THAT is exactly what makes him sound like a teenager. It literally sounds like he thought it through in his head, thinking, "This'll make me sound more badass!"
Remember the video where Myles did the "whats up fuckers?" thing? :lol

I think cussing sounds better in some songs that others. GODGB= no, compared to Headstrong -Trapt which is "yes", for me.

Also, I think we are so used to AB not using a f bomb that when we hear it, it just sounds out of place perhaps. Tho it's none of my business, it would feel weird if AB put the F word in one of their actual songs for the lyrics.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Still waiting on my copy of this to arrive :/ :pout :shrug :slam :smashcomp

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Still waiting on my copy of this to arrive :/ :pout :shrug :slam :smashcomp
Amen, brother. The "customer service" for AB's site told me it will ship Sept 29.... we will see...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Oh yea, the Alter Bridge sales department is celebrating a big Dan Catullo III revival party this month.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

So I am a little late to the party on this one - just got my CD's today.

I agree that the guitars mix on the live at the O2 is weird, it's neat to be able to hear each guitar but it would sound better if Mark was higher in the mix. Oh well.

Like most if not all here I already have all the B sides except Cruel Sun and Solace.... and Solace is a GEM. I like it a lot, especially the chorus and the chords Mark plays on it. Damn I wish the whole band still sounded like that. I think Solace should have made the CD. And Breathe too. But then what would I drop? Ah hell I don't know!

And where is Save Me? I wonder why they didn't include that one.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

BMarsh was recently asked about Save Me and he seemed to think it was on there. When the interviewer informed him it wasn't, he didn't know why.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Kreuger33 wrote:BMarsh was recently asked about Save Me and he seemed to think it was on there. When the interviewer informed him it wasn't, he didn't know why.
Because it isn't technically a b-side, right?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

A b-side is a track that didn't make it to the album. Save Me was written specifically to be on the Electra movie soundtrack or something. That's why it's not a b-side.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

:peace :headbang My order finally showed up today! :rockon Time to listen to Solace and Cruel Sun :cloud9

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

'Bout time, Shea!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

About time you got to hear them. Those songs are 13 years old.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:'Bout time, Shea!
Andy92 wrote:About time you got to hear them. Those songs are 13 years old.
Well they seemed to have aged pretty well :lol Just like fine wine :lol

I really like hearing Myles' old voice :cloud9 I dont know which one I like better though. :headscratch They both have really good parts and the rest is standard AB. :rockon

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Whereas I like both Cruel Sun and Solace (slightly more), I can see why they were left off the ODR album. They don't really have their own "identities" compared to the album tracks, if that makes sense. It does to me :)

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I know I'm incredibly late to the party but now that my earbook has finally arrived, I have to say that I am so impressed with the live album. Compared to Amsterdam and Wembley, O2 is LIGHT YEARS ahead of how they used to perform and Myles gave 110%. Super happy about this.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Got to hear Cruel Sun and Solace tonight. Honestly not a fan of Cruel Sun, can see why it was cut. I really like the Solace verses but the transition to the chorus bits are a bit jarring, almost sounds like 2 different songs. Hearing the clean chorus chords in the latter part of the bridge is helping my brain get used to it, think it will grow on me more. Glad I got to hear some legacy ODR tracks.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Fish Tacos wrote:Got to hear Cruel Sun and Solace tonight. Honestly not a fan of Cruel Sun, can see why it was cut. I really like the Solace verses but the transition to the chorus bits are a bit jarring, almost sounds like 2 different songs. Hearing the clean chorus chords in the latter part of the bridge is helping my brain get used to it, think it will grow on me more. Glad I got to hear some legacy ODR tracks.
Yeah that jump from 6/8 in the verse to 4/4 in the chorus can be a bit jarring. Still a wonderful song though.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Fish Tacos wrote:Got to hear Cruel Sun and Solace tonight. Honestly not a fan of Cruel Sun, can see why it was cut. I really like the Solace verses but the transition to the chorus bits are a bit jarring, almost sounds like 2 different songs. Hearing the clean chorus chords in the latter part of the bridge is helping my brain get used to it, think it will grow on me more. Glad I got to hear some legacy ODR tracks.
They'll grow on ya!

mpurgar
Brand New Start

Post by mpurgar »

WaywardOne wrote:I know I'm incredibly late to the party but now that my earbook has finally arrived, I have to say that I am so impressed with the live album. Compared to Amsterdam and Wembley, O2 is LIGHT YEARS ahead of how they used to perform and Myles gave 110%. Super happy about this.
I was just wondering, since I'm considering ordering the Earbook edition, what did you think about it? Worth it in your opinion or is it better to pass? It seems pretty cool but I'm torn because it's almost 50€ whereas the regular CD's are 20(?) or so...