ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

Post by chtimixeur »

I agree with you.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I don't get it. They are promoting a LIVE DVD with a LIVE song with a LYRIC VIDEO?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dolo wrote:

I don't get it. They are promoting a LIVE DVD with a LIVE song with a LYRIC VIDEO?
It's not a live DVD though. It's a live CD album. That's what it always has been. Don't know why they opted not to do a live DVD, but it's always been billed as a live CD album release. I'll check out the lyric video later though.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dolo wrote:

Better than expected worse than desired.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Blahckbard fly away. May you nahver be broken agai-ahn.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Months ago when i listened the cd version/old live performances, it was "weird" not to hear the "aweee".

Greenster
Brand New Start

Post by Greenster »

anguyen92 wrote:You didn't even stated aweeee, Timo. I'm disappointed honestly.
I can't get my head around why he would change the pronunciation of the words. It just sounds daft. I know people of stated its to 'save his voice', but surely changing a couple of words in Blackbird isn't going to prolong his voice.
I don't see him doing it on any other song. He can't possibly listen back to that and think it sounds good.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

It just sounds daft.
+1
I'm genuinely shocked at what I'm hearing.
There's also a part where he sings with marbles in the mouth (from 1:55 to 2:29). Seriously, what does he think he's doing?
Greenster wrote:I know people of stated its to 'save his voice'
What's the point of saving your voice when you're probably recording the one and only live CD of your career? Just go for it!

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

chtimixeur wrote:
Raven wrote:I think Stapp's live stick is cheesy as hell and when i saw him he sucked live also check the Creed Dvd.Myles weakest vocal performance for me was live from Wemberly and it was still a long way better then Stapp.
I agree the 2009 Creed DVD was dreadful.
The Alter Bridge show in Amsterdam was also a disaster.
Stapp's voice was shot, but he was still trying to sing, whereas Myles was drunk and talk-singing half the words (plus a couple of "that's right" in every song).

Stapp may be cheesy at times, I can't deny that. But he's still got a lot of charisma on stage, and he always manages to make a connection with the audience. Myles is a bit dorkier, and he doesn't have that larger than life presence that rock stars used to have decades ago.
Raven wrote: https://youtu.be/bHlTHoDcgwA

Sounds bloody good to me,this was 3 months ago
He sounds very good for the most part, even though his voice is nasal at times, and he doesn't really go for the big note at the end.
Also, he briefly talks after a minute or so, and he can't help but say "that"s right" at one moment.
Timotheus wrote:Lol, "that's tight".
:facepalm
LOL indeed.

If i wasn't convinced this is a troll site I'm sure now.I read a tweet during the week that stating the same thing about this site so i know its not just me.One I'm not hearing any nasal in this he actually sings this better then he did years ago and the marbles in his mouth thing……please.Even worse coming from a Stapp fan who sounds like that always

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

chtimixeur wrote:
It just sounds daft.
+1
I'm genuinely shocked at what I'm hearing.
There's also a part where he sings with marbles in the mouth (from 1:55 to 2:29). Seriously, what does he think he's doing?
Greenster wrote:I know people of stated its to 'save his voice'
What's the point of saving your voice when you're probably recording the one and only live CD of your career? Just go for it!

Is that you Scott?

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Damn, I'm busted.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I actually quite like that recording of "Blackbird". We can always nitpick... the absence of Mark's clean tone, Myles's pronunciation, etc. But overall the audio is well captured and the band sounds tight. A far cry from the sloppy/hyperspeed days of yore.

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

Raven wrote:
chtimixeur wrote:
Raven wrote:I think Stapp's live stick is cheesy as hell and when i saw him he sucked live also check the Creed Dvd.Myles weakest vocal performance for me was live from Wemberly and it was still a long way better then Stapp.
I agree the 2009 Creed DVD was dreadful.
The Alter Bridge show in Amsterdam was also a disaster.
Stapp's voice was shot, but he was still trying to sing, whereas Myles was drunk and talk-singing half the words (plus a couple of "that's right" in every song).

Stapp may be cheesy at times, I can't deny that. But he's still got a lot of charisma on stage, and he always manages to make a connection with the audience. Myles is a bit dorkier, and he doesn't have that larger than life presence that rock stars used to have decades ago.
Raven wrote: https://youtu.be/bHlTHoDcgwA

Sounds bloody good to me,this was 3 months ago
He sounds very good for the most part, even though his voice is nasal at times, and he doesn't really go for the big note at the end.
Also, he briefly talks after a minute or so, and he can't help but say "that"s right" at one moment.
Timotheus wrote:Lol, "that's tight".
:facepalm
LOL indeed.

If i wasn't convinced this is a troll site I'm sure now.I read a tweet during the week that stating the same thing about this site so i know its not just me.One I'm not hearing any nasal in this he actually sings this better then he did years ago and the marbles in his mouth thing……please.Even worse coming from a Stapp fan who sounds like that always
Dude, I've been wondering the same thing. I've been afraid to say anything for fear of being called a fanboy(on this site, duh!) but the concert I went to in Houston in February was the best I've seen of them in the four times that I've seen them.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Kerrang! – Issue 1686 – September 2

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

He sounded better than Wembley but not as good as Amsterdam. Yeah.. the pronunciation during the chorus drives me nuts. Come on Myles.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Probably 'cause Myles got rid of the "aweeee" this time. We have seen worse performances of that song during the TLH era. But yea, still kinda disappointing that Myles pulls of such weird stuff during the chorus.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Probably 'cause Myles got rid of the "aweeee" this time. We have seen worse performances of that song during the TLH era. But yea, still kinda disappointing that Myles pulls of such weird stuff during the chorus.
What is everyone referencing with the "aweeee" exactly?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, back at the beginning of AB touring again in 2016 when they were opening for Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed, Myles had developed this tendency (and I'm sure he has a good rational reasoning for it) for pronouncing any word that ends with ay with eeeeee. In Blackbird and Cry of Achilles, he was pronouncing "away" as "aweee". In Rise Today, he was pronouncing "today" as "todeeee."

Granted, he was pronouncing them normally again when they started rolling out their own headlining shows, but I looked at a youtube phone video audio of Blackbird at the O2 Arena and I thought he was pronouncing "away" as "aweee," but he did not in the official live album audio.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Thank goodness. That aweee stuff was garbage. I need to order this, I guess. Still haven't.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23