ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

Post by abw1987 »

Amazon is selling the 3CD physical copy which includes the rarities disc for anyone who might not want to drive to a store to buy it.

I've had both new b-sides in my head all day, just trading back and forth. There's nothing quite like new AB. Er, new old AB?

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

riemslag1 wrote:So anybody knows what's so special about the HMV exclusive vinyl version ? The website just says it's exclusive without telling why..............strange.
I think it's clear Vinyl like they did with TLH

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Honestly, not much of a fan for Cruel Sun. Solace knocked my socks off, that song is fantastic.

hgwy407
Brand New Start

Post by hgwy407 »

"I pre-ordered mine through AB's website over a month ago. Of course it hasn't shipped yet :("

I am in the same situation. I checked again a few minutes ago and it still indicates "ready to ship." :(

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

hgwy407 wrote:"I pre-ordered mine through AB's website over a month ago. Of course it hasn't shipped yet :("

I am in the same situation. I checked again a few minutes ago and it still indicates "ready to ship." :(
That's exactly what mine says. I love this band more than I can put into words and will always support them, but man they've always been beyond frustrating when it comes to the business side of things like this. Why preorder something when it doesn't even arrive or even ship on release date?

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Well, Napalm did a far better job on that. Order arrived exactly on D-day ! Also my Nuclear Blast vinyl arrived exactly on time !

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Jhenrid wrote:
riemslag1 wrote:So anybody knows what's so special about the HMV exclusive vinyl version ? The website just says it's exclusive without telling why..............strange.
Ok, so HMV ships to UK only. Anybody on this forum in the UK willing to help me out buying this and shipping it to the Netherlands ? I'll transfer the money upfront through PP of course. Just sent me a PM if you are willing to help me out ! Thanks.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I got my order arrived, ordered it through Napalm, today which is a good sign, because this is the first package delivered to my new house and I wasn't so sure if any of my new neighbors would steal it for some reason.

At least, if there is one great thing about them signing with Napalm, at least, a live album was actually released on time with no delays or derailments.

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

WaywardOne wrote:
hgwy407 wrote:"I pre-ordered mine through AB's website over a month ago. Of course it hasn't shipped yet :("

That's exactly what mine says. I love this band more than I can put into words and will always support them, but man they've always been beyond frustrating when it comes to the business side of things like this. Why preorder something when it doesn't even arrive or even ship on release date?

I ordered mine at Jb HiFi here in Australia didn't rock up,pissed off fan today

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Jhenrid wrote:
I checked with HMV and yes - clear vinyl.
Nuclear Blast in Germany has white also.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Bought it today at Wal Mart, which surprised me since I've never seen any Alter Bridge CDs outside of HMV or Sunrise Records. Listened to the Live discs have to say from my first listen i found Watch Over You to be the best track overall on the album just from the presence of Myles and his guitar. I just found it the best track to connect to. That being said i feel like Poison and Champion should of been worked into the Set instead of being at the end or left of entirely no real need for bonus tracks on a live CD imo, just have it play straight through or made to seem like it was just a single concert

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

So finally heard Solace and thinks its one of the first B side tracks from AB that sounds like a B side,it sounds so unfinished somehow and kinda goes nowhere.Its also clear AB hadn't really found their identity at this point and i think Breathe is much better

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Solace is a cool song. Even though it follows the standard ODR-Tremonti scheme. Sometimes I really miss that style of songwriting even though it's worn out and predictable.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Breathe still far and away the best b-side from ODR for me, prefer it to a lot of songs on the album. Solace and Cruel Sun are so cool to hear finally though. And Outright still the best b-side they've put out :cloud9
For all of the hope that it brings...

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

Outright is up there but I would say New Way to Live is their best ever. Not that they're the end-all but I think they would agree as to the best of my knowledge, it's the only b-side they've ever played live.

Also, out of curiosity, AFAIK, Outright was recorded during either the BB or ABIII sessions, no? Was there not a reported b-side during the Fortress sessions? It would be only cycle they don't have a b-side from.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

cajmoyper wrote:Outright is up there but I would say New Way to Live is their best ever. Not that they're the end-all but I think they would agree as to the best of my knowledge, it's the only b-side they've ever played live.

Also, out of curiosity, AFAIK, Outright was recorded during either the BB or ABIII sessions, no? Was there not a reported b-side during the Fortress sessions? It would be only cycle they don't have a b-side from.
They've also played Save Me, somewhat randomly, and Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad. But yeah I think they're fans of NWTL, never been sure how it didn't get on the album.

They had another track during the Blackbird sessions called Outright that the Fortress version was a reference to (called Outright II on The Board). The Fortress one is really called Never Say Die and it was a printing error/miscommunication that led to it originally being Outright on the CD (same thung somehow happened with Last of Our Kind/Symphony of Agony) but it's a completely different song. I just like calling them by the accidental names as they're more fun.
For all of the hope that it brings...

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Any recommendations for those of us who don't have the CD who want to listen to Solace in its entirety?

**legally, that is**

I've been constantly checking YT and I don't subscribe to any streaming service.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Ubik wrote: They've also played Save Me, somewhat randomly, and Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad. But yeah I think they're fans of NWTL, never been sure how it didn't get on the album.
I don't think Save Me and ARTS are considered B-sides
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Shout out to the vocals on My Champion - both Myles and Mark killed it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

What about the doc? How is that? I wish that came with the digital version:(
Thanks Timo!