ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

Post by gbruin »

Love Solace. Man, it's good to hear that ODR-era sound again. I appreciate the band's evolution through the years, but there is something so special about that first album and when I first discovered AB, and Solace really takes me back to that incredible time.

I never knew that NWTL was about Brian. Guess it took him a while to learn that, too. Amazing.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I'll pay someone to let me see that documentary :lol

nah jk, but thats a cool little tidbit that NWTL was about Brian, interesting!
Thanks Timo!

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Do you think any of those "rarities" would be included in the RAH show? :headscratch
That would be something new, something fresh that would bring additional value to the show and make it even more unique.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

hgwy407 wrote:Is it just me, or are there issues with customer service at the Alter Bridge store? I pre-ordered my set and it has shown "ready to ship" for a good while now. I emailed customer support a few days ago and I still haven't received a response. One would think the band would care more about their fans and customers than that. I can't imagine they are aware. Pretty sad.
Same here, man. There is no phone number or any other way to contact them either. Really upsetting.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

gbruin wrote:I never knew that NWTL was about Brian. Guess it took him a while to learn that, too. Amazing.
Would you mind giving the run-time of the documentary? Just trying to decide if it's worth buying or not. If it's a 15 minute thing I'm not sure I'd be in, but if it's closer to an hour or two I'd probably be down to buy it.

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

So I had these three things ordered from the alterbridge.com site:
  • Live At The 02 Arena + Rarities CD Earbook (ALTR-00044)
    Live At The 02 Arena + Rarities LP (ALTR-00041)
    Live At The 02 Arena + Rarities Picture Disc (ALTR-00042)
Just heard back from the support group:
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. This item is a pre-order item and will begin shipping on September 29th. Once it ships, your tracking information will be available on your order page.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your patience & support,

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

PascalM wrote:
Raven wrote:Im not sure if this will be a popular opinion but as a rule i absolutely love the mixing on this album.Myles and Mark are very clearly split in 2 channels and its easy to hear what both contribute to each song,that goes for both guitars and vocals.Also i think Brian and Flip are much more present in the mix.That and i love loud boomy live feel from each song certainly sounds great in my car pumped up
Yeah but it doesn't work for Metalingus...They should have made sure that Tremonti's guitar was on both channels. Now it just sounds empty...

Yeah Metalingus wasn't good but i put that down to Mark and his amp and guitar setting more than the mixing itself

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

nagpo wrote:
DeadCell wrote:Absolutely love Solace, such a great track. Cruel Sun and Symphony of Agony are both great as well.

Two notes:
- Myles, thanks for being classy. I was so disappointed at Myles for dropping an F-bomb in Ghosts on the Live at Wembley album. That was unnecessary and really ruined that performance for me. In between songs, okay fine... but don't adlib it into a song. You're better than that.

- Why no Island of Fools? The best track on The Last Hero and it was left off. No Fortress either. Yet Poison In Your Veins made it, which is an easily skippable track.
who cares if he cusses?

Add me in to the list that hated that he cusses through the songs in Amsterdam and Wemberly,totally unnecessary

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

hackingislife wrote:So I had these three things ordered from the alterbridge.com site:
  • Live At The 02 Arena + Rarities CD Earbook (ALTR-00044)
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. This item is a pre-order item and will begin shipping on September 29th. Once it ships, your tracking information will be available on your order page.

I ordered the earbook and just received the exact same message from them. If it was a few days late I'd understand, but why preoreder something if it isn't even going to start the shipping process 3 weeks late? If it was any other product I'd have them cancel my order and then by a competitor's product instead, but I don't want to punish the band. Just sucks when you try to support them and certain people who run the business end of things for them screw you for it. Sorry for the negativity folks but we all know this has been a problem since day one... so I digress. :(

hgwy407
Brand New Start

Post by hgwy407 »

"hackingislife wrote:
So I had these three things ordered from the alterbridge.com site:

Live At The 02 Arena + Rarities CD Earbook (ALTR-00044)

Hi there,

I ordered the earbook and just received the exact same message from them. If it was a few days late I'd understand, but why preoreder something if it isn't even going to start the shipping process 3 weeks late? If it was any other product I'd have them cancel my order and then by a competitor's product instead, but I don't want to punish the band. Just sucks when you try to support them and certain people who run the business end of things for them screw you for it. Sorry for the negativity folks but we all know this has been a problem since day one... so I digress. :("

I received the same message yesterday. I agree completely. I can go to BestBuy but I really do want the bonus DVD. I had hoped their communication would have been better so I knew what to expect going in.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Jaded Rescue wrote:
gbruin wrote:I never knew that NWTL was about Brian. Guess it took him a while to learn that, too. Amazing.
Would you mind giving the run-time of the documentary? Just trying to decide if it's worth buying or not. If it's a 15 minute thing I'm not sure I'd be in, but if it's closer to an hour or two I'd probably be down to buy it.
It was about 30 minutes.Basically a bunch of sound bites from the band and crew about the evolution of the band from small clubs to playing O2. I wish it were longer and had more of the really surprising insights like Myles revealing Buried Alive and NWTL were written about Brian, but I think it's worth it.

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

nagpo wrote:
DeadCell wrote:Absolutely love Solace, such a great track. Cruel Sun and Symphony of Agony are both great as well.

Two notes:
- Myles, thanks for being classy. I was so disappointed at Myles for dropping an F-bomb in Ghosts on the Live at Wembley album. That was unnecessary and really ruined that performance for me. In between songs, okay fine... but don't adlib it into a song. You're better than that.

- Why no Island of Fools? The best track on The Last Hero and it was left off. No Fortress either. Yet Poison In Your Veins made it, which is an easily skippable track.
who cares if he cusses?
I do. How about that?

I'd like to know that I can listen to AB's stuff in the car with my son, without having to worry about bombs being dropped. Capiche?
Last edited by DeadCell on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

It just sounds silly in a ballad. Don't care when he does it anywhere else.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Personally I don't really get that it's 'unnecessary', I wouldn't want the band to cater to kids just for the sake of it. But I grew up in the whole wholesome Christian household thing so I guess I understand why it bothers some folks.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

DeadCell wrote:
nagpo wrote:

Two notes:

who cares if he cusses?
I do. How about that?

I'd like to know that I can listen to AB's stuff in the car with my son, without having to worry about bombs being dropped. Capiche?
wow bro. I hit a nerve?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Wow, never knew those songs were about Brian. Pretty cool.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I just think Myles' use of swearing live comes across as odd because they don't tend to swear much on studio recordings. Like you expect Corey Taylor to swear a lot live because he does it a lot in the studio. So I can't blame people with kids especially for being put off by it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I understand the discomfort it causes some people. There were a lot of songs I chose to turn the volume down on certain parts when my young kids were in the car with me. I also had to turn down the volume when erectile dysfunction commercials played on the radio when my daughter was younger, too, so it's not just music. There's a lot of stuff out there we don't necessarily want ourselves or our families to be exposed to.

But now they're teenagers and therefore they know everything, including knowing more than I do, so I guess I don't have to hide it anymore. Crank it... :lol

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I have no problem with people swearing in general. Hetfield sounded like a badass when he did it in the late 80's and early 90's.
But most of the time, it's just a cheap way to get the audience fired up, and IMHO, no frontman above 40 should lower himself to using such tricks.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

I think the problem with Myles swearing is that it feels like he puts it there out of a deliberate intention, and it didn't just happen to come out, and THAT is exactly what makes him sound like a teenager. It literally sounds like he thought it through in his head, thinking, "This'll make me sound more badass!" As opposed to it just being a natural part of his personality. It's like when Mark puts on that weird ass front-man voice he tries to use now. It sounds so try-hard.