ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Re: ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

Post by mikeyd23 »

Production on these tracks is rough. Sounds like a soundboard recording with a couple adjustments. After I just saw these guys live a couple weeks ago, it's so disappointing to hear them represented this way.

BMus1
Brand New Start

Post by BMus1 »

I didn't have many complaints about The Other Side, actually. It sounded a little unpolished and the guitars were sort of dulled, but definitely a step up from a standard concert stream. Still not live album quality to me, but AB has always had some issues in the mix department.

Metalingus, however, is embarrassing. It's starting to seem more apparent that they had a one-size-fits-all mix for the whole album that they just applied to every song instead of tweaking it where needed. There's absolutely no mix compensation for the fact that there's one guitar on Metalingus, and it hurts the whole performance greatly. Disappointing. I wasn't really looking forward to the live aspect of this too much, but now I'm just waiting patiently for Cruel Sun and Solace.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Classic Rock 240

Lenishere
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lenishere »

:eek

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Lenishere wrote: :eek
I need to hear this in its entirety, right now! It's hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure the finger picking going into the verse is one of the ones from Mark's Sound/Story DVD.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

I miss that voice. I'll never forget that moment being awed when I popped in ODR into my CD player right after getting my license

Those were the days. Young & innocent

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
Lenishere wrote: :eek
I need to hear this in its entirety, right now! It's hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure the finger picking going into the verse is one of the ones from Mark's Sound/Story DVD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwi9ZD8Ebpc This be the intro to the song that was also in the sound and the story

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

facelessman07 wrote:I miss that voice. I'll never forget that moment being awed when I popped in ODR into my CD player right after getting my license

Those were the days. Young & innocent
I know how you feel. ODR came out when I was a freshmen in high school and that album got me through some tough times and always will be my favorite by AB.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Solace sounds awesome

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

lmao jesus I just laugh at how happy I'll be to hear that fucking raspy growllllll in Myles' tone again. Old Myles is probably my favorite individual singer's era of all time.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

facelessman07 wrote:I miss that voice.
Same here.
A couple of days ago, I was listening to some Mayfield Four rarities that leaked a few years ago (Monday morning and Reign over me), and it reminded me why Myles used to be my favourite singer 10 years ago. If only he sang like that again.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

I think Myles CAN sing like the old days when he wants to. I mean, just listen to The Other Side and Cradle To The Grave as recent examples. Lover too. Perhaps his higher register is more a stylistic thing? Or perhaps he's trying too hard to show a broader range?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I'm with you guys. I'm fine with things evolving and I appreciate the variety, but nothing will ever match that ODR-era sound for me. This clip sounds so good.

Do you think they have an entire lyric video ready to go or they they just put that together for the teaser?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

antiwal wrote:I mean, just listen to The Other Side and Cradle To The Grave as recent examples. Lover too.
These examples aren't fitting at all, well maybe Lover does a little. I don't think that there is a song from the post Blackbird-era, where Myles had that characteristic style of singing he pulled off in MF4 and the first two AB records.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He still sings in key and can reach big notes, but there was a softness in his voice that is completely gone. His voice felt like velvet to my ears, if that makes any sense to you guys.
In a way, I'm glad he's gotten rid of his first solo record, since he said himself it was more produced that he intended it to be in the first place. There may be a slight chance we'll hear that voice again, but my guts tell me it will only happen if he sticks to singer/songwriter material. No hard rock or metal riffs, please.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

As I check iTunes to see if I can purchase Solace, I notice how it completely disappeared from the track listing

Weird

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Now it's back up but it's unavailable for purchase

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

antiwal wrote:I think Myles CAN sing like the old days when he wants to. I mean, just listen to The Other Side and Cradle To The Grave as recent examples. Lover too. Perhaps his higher register is more a stylistic thing? Or perhaps he's trying too hard to show a broader range?

Also This Side of Fate …..its just glorious

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Mr. Slash wrote:
antiwal wrote:I mean, just listen to The Other Side and Cradle To The Grave as recent examples. Lover too.
These examples aren't fitting at all, well maybe Lover does a little. I don't think that there is a song from the post Blackbird-era, where Myles had that characteristic style of singing he pulled off in MF4 and the first two AB records.

Some songs he sings better now then before 'The End is Here' is a good example,he sings it with so much more control now

Also Myles fairly recently sang M4 songs like White Flag,Eden etc his voice was still well and truly there

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Look, everyone loves Myles' voice on ODR and I get that, but he's a human being who's getting older. Unlike instruments, voices age and can't stay exactly the same forever.