ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
antiwal
Loyal Follower

Re: ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

Post by antiwal »

Is this release likely to make its way to Amazon? Seems a bit low-key in its inception.

SedyBenoitPeace
Brand New Start

Post by SedyBenoitPeace »

Fish Tacos wrote:I think our foreigners are stoked for all the B-Sides in one place. I usually get my albums at Best Buy though so I've heard all the b-sides and I've seen enough of their live shows and live dvds where buying another one is kinda like why. I'm pretty much just interested in the 2 tracks I've never heard :lol
I agree...finally i can have all the bonus in one place...i haven't "Last of Our Kind" or "Simphony of Agony" like you want because i ordered the t-shirt bundle from band's site and the song wasn't on the album like i thought...so great move by Napalm and the guys to put allo bonus in one place :D

PascalM
Brand New Start

Post by PascalM »

The only thing missing on this rarities record is Save Me!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

That should definitely be on there. I think it's a great song too.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Huh. Didn't even realize "Save Me" wasn't on there. I wonder why. Can't think of a good reason to exclude it.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

devv88 wrote:Huh. Didn't even realize "Save Me" wasn't on there. I wonder why. Can't think of a good reason to exclude it.
because it was released on the Elektra soundtrack that's what I think

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Does anybody know if the original Outright was recorded?

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

should I do boxset or earbook?

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Yes can't wait

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

PRS10Top wrote:should I do boxset or earbook?
I chose the Earbook since the book looks really cool... like what the AB X box set should've been. :X And I've no need for the trinkets in the O2 box set.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I'm kind of confused by this Cradle to the Grave video... fantastic production and all, but they've never played that song live and it's a promotion for the Live at O2 DVD?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Haha, I agree it is a bit confusing. I'm not sure if CTTG is supposed to be a single but if so, maybe they just saw the opportunity to pair it with a video to help promote the live album.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

WaywardOne wrote:I'm kind of confused by this Cradle to the Grave video... fantastic production and all, but they've never played that song live and it's a promotion for the Live at O2 DVD?
:headscratch Still a good video though :shrug :lol

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I agree that it's strange.
Also... they have this footage with a lot of camera angles from the O2 show, but only release the audio? :headscratch

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

fix wrote:I agree that it's strange.
Also... they have this footage with a lot of camera angles from the O2 show, but only release the audio? :headscratch
That's the big question I have. From this footage, it looked like they had a bunch of pro cameras shooting a lot of angles, why aren't they releasing a concert DVD? Why just audio?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Actually Tim just commented on our Facebook page that it was shot with a few GoPro cameras! Hard to believe, but pretty incredible. I guess that means the infrastructure may not have been in place for a full concert film.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

abw1987 wrote:Actually Tim just commented on our Facebook page that it was shot with a few GoPro cameras! Hard to believe, but pretty incredible. I guess that means the infrastructure may not have been in place for a full concert film.
In all seriousness, a lot of those shots looked great, I'd happily take the audio they are going to produce for the live CD and pair it with that footage. It looked great.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

abw1987 wrote:Actually Tim just commented on our Facebook page that it was shot with a few GoPro cameras! Hard to believe, but pretty incredible. I guess that means the infrastructure may not have been in place for a full concert film.
That explains it then, pretty sweet footage for some GoPro's haha!

Don't get me wrong btw, I think it's great this song gets some attention and hope it will get a lot of that. It's just kinda weird it isn't on the product it's promoting. ;)

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Does anyone know why the ODR B-sides are finally being released now? There has been a lot of speculation in the past that Wind Up prevented them from releasing the songs... I'm just wondering if they stayed in the vault until now because they're finally free from Wind Up's grasp, or are they just releasing it now simply because they feel like it?

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

WaywardOne wrote:Does anyone know why the ODR B-sides are finally being released now? There has been a lot of speculation in the past that Wind Up prevented them from releasing the songs... I'm just wondering if they stayed in the vault until now because they're finally free from Wind Up's grasp, or are they just releasing it now simply because they feel like it?
Those are just unreleased songs, so could be that the recordings had been laying around for years and this was a good opportunity to release them.