ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AB23
Still Remains

Re: ALTER BRIDGE - Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities

Post by AB23 »

TTournier wrote:
Nick_917 wrote:I figured On My Way Now would be on there too but either way this is AWESOME!!! So excited right now :D

They never recorded On My Way Now.. I had to go back to 2 inch tape to pull everything from One Day Remains for this... On My Way Now was never recorded. :(
fuck so you can confirm this information, correct?

We've had this rumored for so many years, but nothing really legitimately close to confirmation and nothing this legitimately close calendar-wise.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Well, i guess that's one song they can record for the next album

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Thought we knew they never recorded "On My Way Now"? Pretty sure that was confirmed before BLACKBIRD even dropped.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Yep, I recall Mark/Myles confirming this in a variety of interviews years ago; but hey, no better confirmation than having a man go back to the ODR source recordings!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I remember Michael Tremonti saying something how huge the recorded version of On My Way Now was, but he might've been talking about a demo version. My memory also might be distorted here.

I'm really excited about these B-sides. I honestly think this package is more interesting than DC3's overpriced boxset because of that.
Last edited by Timotheus on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Timotheus wrote:I remember Michael Tremonti saying something how huge the recorded version of On My Way Now was, but he might've been talking about a demo version. My memory also might be distorted here.

I'm really excited about these B-sides. I honestly think this package is more interesting that DC3's overpriced boxset because of that.
I can't even remember what was supposed to be in the box set, seeing the price and the b-sidelessness made me pass on it fairly rapidly.
For all of the hope that it brings...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Oh...

HELL...

YES!!!!!!!!

:rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon :rockon

Many thanks to Tim and all the folks responsible for putting this together. Preordered the deluxe box and the bird shirt. Can't wait!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Secretly hoping for a digital release of the DVD on Fret12, like the band has done in the past. I'll easily drop $10 for a download.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

devv88 wrote:Secretly hoping for a digital release of the DVD on Fret12, like the band has done in the past. I'll easily drop $10 for a download.
But Fret12 isn't releasing it - Napalm Records (their label) is. Wouldn't hope for it..

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

RoelSmoel wrote:
devv88 wrote:Secretly hoping for a digital release of the DVD on Fret12, like the band has done in the past. I'll easily drop $10 for a download.
But Fret12 isn't releasing it - Napalm Records (their label) is. Wouldn't hope for it..
Good point. Alas. Wasn't sure if Fret12 had actually produced the content itself or not.

Oh well. Can live without it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

"It was actually a few songs when I was in my darker days that were made about me... The guys didn't tell me about it." Haha, this somehow made me laugh. :D Poor Brian. :D

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

rockit2112 wrote:In the Deluxe boxset it says it comes with strings, are these used by the band, or just random guitar strings?
I have the same question.

Metal8713
Brand New Start

Post by Metal8713 »

Andy92 wrote:Awesome, looking forward to this one. Just don't know which package to order yet.
I Ordered the deluxe boxset yesterday with the keycoard, plectrums and other fun stuff. didnt want to buy the earbook becasue the cd's are always so hard to take out of those earbooks. rather have cd booklets with it. And the earbook is more expensive then the deluxe edition.

https://shop.napalmrecords.com/alter-br ... oxset.html

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

prowler5150 wrote:
rockit2112 wrote:In the Deluxe boxset it says it comes with strings, are these used by the band, or just random guitar strings?
I have the same question.
Used

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Mr. Slash wrote:"It was actually a few songs when I was in my darker days that were made about me... The guys didn't tell me about it." Haha, this somehow made me laugh. :D Poor Brian. :D
This got me pretty pumped for the documentary. Of course they will likely use the juiciest quotes in the trailer but still, it seems like there will be some pretty rich content.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

When was Brian's darker time? Some time around the ABIII era, right?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I think our foreigners are stoked for all the B-Sides in one place. I usually get my albums at Best Buy though so I've heard all the b-sides and I've seen enough of their live shows and live dvds where buying another one is kinda like why. I'm pretty much just interested in the 2 tracks I've never heard :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Personally, I'm pretty excited about getting those bonus tracks. Sure, I already have Never Say Die, Symphony of Agony, and Breathe (due to buying the Best Buy copies of Fortress and The Last Hero). However, I didn't buy Blackbird or AB III, at the time, due to being in high school with no job and I got the Live From Amsterdam version of New Way to Live, but I wouldn't mind having a CD version of The Damage Done, New Way to Live, Zero, Home, and Never Born to Follow since Spotify does not have those (well, they do have Home and Zero).

As for the ODR tracks, personally, I'm not as excited for those tracks (even though we had never heard of them) compared to the other bonus tracks they've released.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

You're nuts! I'm unfathomably excited for the ODR b-sides. It's not often you get truly taken back to the those magical early days. I'm almost ashamed to admit hearing "Breathe" moved me more than any of the other songs on The Last Hero. Not that the newer songs aren't moving, (in fact they are likely way deeper than the older songs,) but I have more of an emotional connection with the band's ODR sound. It's just so crazy to hear new material that was actually recorded back in 2004. I can't wait.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Yeah, I own every other b-side, but I'd drop $20 for those two ODR cuts alone. Live album is extra content, as far as I'm concerned.