Royal Albert Hall DVD

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Royal Albert Hall DVD

Post by mikeyd23 »

Timotheus wrote:I'm hoping for some amazing interludes between songs.
That would be cool, maybe some extended intros of songs from the orchestra before the band comes in.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

BSC wrote:What interview is that quote from?

I know it sounds very cynical, but this is quite an ambitious project for a band like Alter Bridge, given that they aren't known for their ambition when performing. I seem to remember Gavin Harrison from Porcupine Tree saying that Royal Albert Hall charge an awful lot of money for a band to film and release a performance in their venue (I think Porcupine Tree wanted to film their DVD Octane Twisted there). I seem to remember that Craig Blundell said he said to pay thousands just to release a video of him playing one Steven Wilson song in that venue.
I take back my original thoughts, particularly as I've bought tickets to both shows. Looking forward to this one.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

A few comments from Tim on Facebook when someone asked about the filming/DVD release of the show.
we are filming the show, but. It's not going to come out anytime soon
not for at least a year
Haha the shows are something special but we are filming a full documentary with it as well...

I don't know if we will do a DVD but we will do a digital download for sure
Seems like the show will be part of a larger documentary, and it's not something that will come out within the next few months following the show.

I don't mind waiting for it, I just hope the eventual release contains the full show and not just a handful of songs from it.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Tim mentioned on Facebook they are trying for a third show... The first two sold extremely well.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

So excited for this. Can't believe I got tickets!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

You're traveling to the U.K? Damn, congrats!

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

I got my tickets booked! Mega excited, this one's gonna be historic!

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

Andy92 wrote:A few comments from Tim on Facebook when someone asked about the filming/DVD release of the show.
we are filming the show, but. It's not going to come out anytime soon
not for at least a year
Haha the shows are something special but we are filming a full documentary with it as well...

I don't know if we will do a DVD but we will do a digital download for sure
Seems like the show will be part of a larger documentary, and it's not something that will come out within the next few months following the show.

I don't mind waiting for it, I just hope the eventual release contains the full show and not just a handful of songs from it.
Hmm, interesting. I hope the release doesn't take too long after filming or they run the risk of losing some momentum.