14 songs recorded for Fortress!?

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
TheAdynator
Brand New Start

14 songs recorded for Fortress!?

Post by TheAdynator »

Hi all, made an acc just to spread this to here.

Was watching Fortress: Sound/Story documentary from Fret12 and noticed that the working chart with all of the song titles on it had 14 songs; the album itself had 12 songs and 1 official b-side, so there's a missing song here. Some of these had the final album names written, some were stupid working names.

I posted this in a reddit thread on r/AlterBridge a while ago and we had a shot at deciphering which songs were associated with which working titles in order to determine which title belonged to the mystery song, and I was curious as to what you guys think. Is there something we're missing here?

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/alterbridge/co ... chart_for/
Screenshots of the working chart seen in F-TSATS doco: http://imgur.com/a/Pk0Fy

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: 14 songs recorded for Fortress!?

Post by Ubik »

*Cracks knuckles* So I am kind of obsessed with the board. Massive downer in TLH sessions that we never got to really see it.

I note in the reddit that they've settled on Molly Hatchet as Fortress, but I'm pretty sure it's not. Disclaimer - I've not seen the docu so if Myles outright says "Molly Hatchet became Fortress and fuck anyone that says otherwise" then I am wrong, but if not then I'm certain Ritual is Fortress - it has the two time signatures on it, it has the two guitar solos on it (Molly Hatchet has the "NS" - no solos marker on it), and I'm pretty sure it was described as an "epic" at some point in pre-pro. Molly Hatchet I think is All Ends Well.

The 14th song is Mastaphony, that was one they did pre-pro on and I think maybe recorded drums for, but other than that it was unrecorded.

Idilie I think is Farther than the Sun - it's 4/4 and it's marked as having Mark and Myles solos.

Megladong I think is Bleed it Dry - 6/8 and with solos on it.

Maniacal I think is Calm the Fire - 4/4, no solos.

And you're right that Tooly Jam is The Uninvited!
For all of the hope that it brings...

TheAdynator
Brand New Start

Post by TheAdynator »

Oh didn't know that there had already been talk about this aside from my initial reddit post. Good to hear it's been settled, but pretty disappointing that there's no hidden complete song.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik printed out the picture of that whiteboard to use as a placemat on his kitchen table back when the album was being recorded.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

As did I. For some strange reason, I was thinking Mastaphony became symphony of agony on the last hero. But I'm probably making that up just so I can say I've heard it, lol.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: then they leave.

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:Ubik printed out the picture of that whiteboard to use as a placemat on his kitchen table back when the album was being recorded.
Pfft. There are four pictures. All my guests tell me they make a good table set.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

In retrospect, I feel I could've been more welcoming to the newbie here :lol This is why we should always have Shea front of house.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:In retrospect, I feel I could've been more welcoming to the newbie here :lol This is why we should always have Shea front of house.
I don't think I could make the situation any better :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Did prod me into finally watching the making of Fortress doc. People need to find someone that looks at them like Mark looks at Myles whilst riffing on Lover.