Listening to AB in a certain mood...

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Listening to AB in a certain mood...

Post by One Drew Remains »

Today I was making the near hour drive to my Grandma's for Easter Sunday, and it was pouring buckets. I told my Wife that it's an AB III kind of morning, and she looked at me funny. We listened to it all the way there, and it was perfect.

Does anyone else listen to thier albums when a certain mood strikes, or weather hits? I wonder about this because I also tend to put in TLH when I'm in a great mood.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Re: Listening to AB in a certain mood...

Post by cajmoyper »

I'm the opposite. AB, to me, is only suitable for sunny afternoons and calm evenings. Rain means I'm sad, so def no AB then.

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

I, actually, like to hear Fortress when i'm kind of depressed. Although i hear a lot of AB, whatever the mood i'm in or how the weather is :lol

I think it's very normal to hear some albums or songs or bands, when we are in certain moods

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

I know this is Tremonti and not Alter Bridge... but I was driving cross country with my friend last summer and My Last Mistake came on when we hit the darkest, most ominous storm clouds I've ever seen. It started raining on and off, and I swear to you that the second we got to the solo, the storm absolutely unleashed and this torrential downpour started. It matched the timing of the solo so perfectly, we couldn't help but freak out :lol.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I don't have a particular album to fit a mood because each album has its own range of emotions within itself, but there are definite songs from each album that can fit a particular mood. I should build a few mood-specific playlists.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

AB III for a contemplative mood

Blackbird for when I need to get myself psyched up in some way.

Fortress for road music - I think because the second time I listened to the CD was in the car on a road trip zig zagging through some mountains and it felt like a good soundtrack :)

Edit to add - I think this is why I still listen to CDs, and mostly albums even when I'm playing digital files - I'm either in a mood and something suits it, or want to change my mood and so I immerse myself in a particular album (AB or others)
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yeah. I'm a total album guy myself. When I go for long runs, I listen to whole albums.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

When I'm depressed I tend to listen to the most depressing songs.
When I'm happy, I play the most uplifting ones.

Shouldn't it be the other way round?... :headscratch

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

When I'm depressed I tend to listen to the most depressing songs.
When I'm happy, I play the most uplifting ones.

Shouldn't it be the other way round?... :headscratch
Yes and no..when I am happy I want tkeep being happy and so, I crack some loud music. I am down ( which very very rarely happens, thanks God) I just turn the volume down

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

i just have all the songs in my library and hit shuffle.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

claudiocc wrote:when I am happy I want tkeep being happy and so, I crack some loud music. I am down ( which very very rarely happens, thanks God) I just turn the volume down
I always play music quite loud, regardless of my mood (always = whenever I can = 15 minutes on my way to work by car, 15 mins back... and someeeeetiiiimeees with headphones at home). It just seems to me that you have to play good music loud to do it justice :)

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

AB is pretty good traveling music. One of my fondest memories of listening through Blackbird and ABIII was on a road trip.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Blackbird2107
Brand New Start

Post by Blackbird2107 »

I use AB as a kind of defusal kit. Trust me, I have had one of the worst days, and I came home and listened to the title track from Fortress numerous times. I find that the verses are enough of a breather for me to gather my thoughts, depressing as they may be, then the choruses and the bridge give me something to rally to. Then that guitar duel begins and if I'm too far gone, I break things to it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

One Day Remains is an album I typically listen to in the summer.
Blackbird is an album that I can genuinely listen to any time of year and always enjoy. But I typically listen to it when I am feeling nostalgic about memories as a teenager.
ABIII I listen to a lot in the winter because that's when I saw AB for the first time ever during their AB III tour
Fortress I listen to in the fall. I just can't help it.
The Last Hero, I don't listen to much. It didn't leave much of an impact on me.
Thanks Andy!

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Micky wrote:One Day Remains is an album I typically listen to in the summer.
Blackbird is an album that I can genuinely listen to any time of year and always enjoy. But I typically listen to it when I am feeling nostalgic about memories as a teenager.
ABIII I listen to a lot in the winter because that's when I saw AB for the first time ever during their AB III tour
Fortress I listen to in the fall. I just can't help it.
The Last Hero, I don't listen to much. It didn't leave much of an impact on me.
You need something typically for the spring... ;-)

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I'd say ODR is a good nostalgia trigger for me, I like that. But certain songs are hard to listen to because of personal connections, mostly ILM...
Blackbird has everything so its a good long trip album, and has a bunch of good workout jams.
I listen to ABIII when Im questioning certain things, but it can also give me hope as well.
Fortress is another one where it has everything, but its the most inspiring of all 5 Alter Bridge albums. Its a freaking artistic and musical masterpiece! Even Never Say Die is an awesome tune. Another one where you just kind of have to listen to the whole thing all the way.
TLH, really hasnt struck a chord with me aside from a couple tracks, Breathe being one of them. Breathe is so good.
Thanks Timo!

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Post by claudiocc »

[quote]claudiocc wrote:
when I am happy I want tkeep being happy and so, I crack some loud music. I am down ( which very very rarely happens, thanks God) I just turn the volume down

I always play music quite loud, regardless of my mood (always = whenever I can = 15 minutes on my way to work by car, 15 mins back... and someeeeetiiiimeees with headphones at home). It just seems to me that you have to play good music loud to do it justice :)
Post by nagpo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:00 pm

i just have all the songs in my library and hit shuffle.
[quote]

Totally agree with you...Most of the music I listen and AB totally, need to be up in volume to be appreciated it. And the only place I listn now music cranked up is in the car, which is illegal, but the sound a the freedom to listen in the car is super...Bit embarassing at traffic lights though :lol :lol :lol

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

claudiocc wrote:Most of the music I listen and AB totally, need to be up in volume to be appreciated it. And the only place I listn now music cranked up is in the car, which is illegal, but the sound a the freedom to listen in the car is super...Bit embarassing at traffic lights though :lol :lol :lol
Huh? It's illegal? Really? :lol that's funny. I'd have to check it.
And yeah, it might be a bit embarassing, so I turn the volume down on each stop ;) (especially if I see a mother with a baby in the stroller). On the other hand, listening to some dumb techno stuff on full volume isn't embarassing for some people so what should I be ashamed of? ;)