Alter Bridge Forever

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
abski
Brand New Start

Alter Bridge Forever

Post by abski »

Hi Everyone its been a while since i checked this wonderful ab nation forum. I have been a member since 2004 and even if i am not active here for a long time does not mean i dont care about AB that much anymore. I love them and will always be my fave band ever!
I opened this topic just to share that while i was listening to their live performances in youtube today makes me remember the day i met Mark, Flip and Bmarsh. Too bad Myles was not there. It was their Creed reunion world tour that gave me the chance to meet my idol Mr Tremonti. I have been posting in a lot of threads here before that i could never get the chance to meet them since i am in an Asian country Philippines. I still can't believe that i shook his hand and told him that he is my ultimate inspiration. Too bad that the VIP meet and greet tickets i availed was a huge failure they just let us stand beside them and have a picture with them. No signing no talking, just click then move on. I was too disappointed. So when it was my turn to have a picture i immediately went to Mark, even if i he was at the other end. I only smiled at Mr Eric Friedman, Flip, Brian and Scott Stapp then went straight directly to Mark just to shake his hand and say a few words before they take the picture. I was wearing an AB blackbird shirt by the way! I hope they noticed it. No offense to Mr Stapp since i also love Creed. Anyway during the concert i positioned myself in front of Mark, i believed he noticed my passion throughout the whole concert that at the end of the last song he pointed at me and i was the very first guy he handed his guitar pick. That is still my favorite moment i will never ever forget.
Sorry for this long post but i just wanted to share this story to my fellow AB nation since my circle of people over here would not understand my feelings for a band. The heck! I met 3 members of my favorite band!!! I love how friendly they are even in a different country they still are so down to earth like a lot of you have mentioned. That was last November 11, 2013 how time has passed by so fast. I am now turning 30 years old but since 2004 AB has always given me the inspiration to live my life, this is how great a band they are. I love you Alter Bridge, forever.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: and ever and ever

Post by gbruin »

Great post, abski!

You can be sure Mark noticed your passion. That's why he handed you that pick first! I hope you get to see Alter Bridge one day soon!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

claudiocc
Bought The CDs

Re: Alter Bridge Forever

Post by claudiocc »

Great story...Philippines....I have been in Boracay last October....Fantastic place...I will be back...obviously listening to AB

abski
Brand New Start

Re: and ever and ever

Post by abski »

gbruin wrote:Great post, abski!

You can be sure Mark noticed your passion. That's why he handed you that pick first! I hope you get to see Alter Bridge one day soon!
Thank you gbruin! Yes he pointed at me and did not throw the pick at me, he handed it to me like shaking my hand really hard while the pick is in between. I could not believe that moment. I hope to get to see them again and i hope to meet Myles one day!!

abski
Brand New Start

Post by abski »

claudiocc wrote:Great story...Philippines....I have been in Boracay last October....Fantastic place...I will be back...obviously listening to AB
Thank you claudiocc!! Wow that is my favorite beach because of the establishments where you can eat good food and party! A lot of beautiful beaches here, try El Nido Palawan. You might meet me wearing an AB shirt on your next visit lol i usually go to the island beaches here.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Never been to the Phillipines.. but a concert on a beach sounds nice! :D
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Awesome post! It's great hearing these stories from fans who waited for years to finally see the band.

I was lucky enough to visit Boracay as well about 9 years ago. Beautiful place! And so much fun with all the bars and shops along the beach.

abski
Brand New Start

Post by abski »

axlar wrote:Never been to the Phillipines.. but a concert on a beach sounds nice! :D
Yes axlar that would be cool!! A lot of local bands play at the beach during summer. Especially the reggae genre lol
I remember you since i joined here 2004, it's nice to be back at this forum.

abski
Brand New Start

Post by abski »

abw1987 wrote:Awesome post! It's great hearing these stories from fans who waited for years to finally see the band.

I was lucky enough to visit Boracay as well about 9 years ago. Beautiful place! And so much fun with all the bars and shops along the beach.
Thank you abw1987! I still cannot believe to this day that i was able to meet and watch them perform. I love Boracay i go there every year! The bars are fun