Top 5 Favorite Alter Bridge Albums

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
MyMemesAreOk
Brand New Start

Top 5 Favorite Alter Bridge Albums

Post by MyMemesAreOk »

Hello Males and Females. This is my top 5 favorite Alter Bridge albums. Enjoy

Number 5. One Day Remains
One Day Remains is the album I listen to the least. The only songs I listen to is Find The Real, One Day Remains, Metalingus, Watch Your Words, and Open Your Eyes. Kinda a weak album for me but good nonetheless

Number 4. Blackbird
Everyone is going to hate me for this but its true, Blackbird is only number 4. I still love blackbird to death but like One Day Remains I don't find myself listening to it as often as I do the other albums. The only songs on Blackbird I never listen to is Wayward One and One by One. Blackbird does have one of my favorite b-side song however. We don't Care at All is one of my favorite Alter Bridge songs and it surprisingly didn't make it onto the album

Number 3. AB III
Now for a long time this was my favorite Alter Bridge album but my opinion changed. Still this is one of my favorites. This album took a risk with its darker tone but I think it worked beautifully. I love songs like Words Darker Than Their Wings and Never Born to Follow. Ghost of Days Gone By is also one of my personal favorites for its message that we can't go back and change what we have done in the past. Great album only worthy of a great band.

Number 2. The Last Hero
I don't know why everyone hate this album. Well maybe hate is a strong word, but from what I've seen this is most Alter Bridge fans least favorite album. I love every song on this album, even The Last of Our Kind and I'll talk about The Last of Our Kind in a bit. I love the message of the album. The album's message is about our heros and how we see and treat them. Show Me a Leader is an amazing start to the album and The Writing on the Wall is one of my favorites from this album. The only songs that I feel don't do the message of the album justice is Twilight and This Side of Fate, but I still love the songs. Now about The Last of Our Kind. Why wasn't it called Symphony of Agony? It is a much better name than The Last of Our Kind. The Last of Our Kind sounds cliche but whatever. In my opinion there has been a trend with the AB albums they each get better and better, except The Last Hero. This one is a step down from its predecessor, which is...

Number 1. Fortress
Isn't this album amazing? If I made a top 10 Alter Bridge songs list then you can bet it will be mostly Fortress songs. I find myself listening to this album almost every day. Some people say they don't like this album because it is "too heavy" but I love the heavy feel to it. My least favorite song of the album Bleed it Dry, is still one of my favorite Alter Bridge songs of all time. I honestly can't express my love for this album. Just go take another listen, and I think I'll do the same.
Well There You Have It. This is all my opinion and feel free to share your top 5 albums either in the comments or make your own post. I can't wait to see everyone else's favorite albums. Bye! :wave

Vaux
Isolated

Re: Top 5 Favorite Alter Bridge Albums

Post by Vaux »

Well I'm not going to go fancy with the reviews or graphics like you I'll just say:

1 One Day Remains
2 Fortress
3 Blackbird
4 AB3
5 The Last Hero

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

1 Dust
2 Fallout
3 World on Fire
4 Full Circle
5 Fortress

sam1oq
Brand New Start

Post by sam1oq »

1. Fortress

Like you said, most of my top 10 would consist of Fortress songs. Cry of Achilles, Lover, Peace Is Broken, Calm the Fire, Waters Rising, Fortress are all amazing. My least favourite songs are All Ends Well and Addicted to Pain, but they are still very solid AB songs. The bottom of this album is very high and the ceiling is even higher so that's that.

2. Blackbird

I don't listen to this too often, but it still kicks ass. Below Fortress as there aren't as many 9.5/10 or more tracks as on the latter. Blackbird is one of their best ever tracks but no other song really comes close for me. If Fortress is 9/10 on average, than Blackbird would be 8.7/10 I think.

3. One Day Remains

This is the "in between" album in terms of quality. ODR doesn't try hard to make long epics or stellar songs but keeps it rather simple, straight to the point hard rock, which works in its favour. When it wants to rock, it rocks, when it wants to be emotional, it hits you, when it wants to be soft, it's soft and remains interesting. Nothing ground breaking, but it doesn't need to. It just rocks hard all the way through.

4. The Last Hero

I have a hard time deciding if I like this better than AB III, but I chose TLH since it has a higher ceiling. TLH is an incredibly inconsistent record that's very hard to place. It has quite a bunch of my favourite ever songs, but there's also some of AB's worst. Title track, This Side of Fate, Cradle to the Grave, The Other Side and Island of Fools are all fantastic songs, but then You Will Be Remembered, My Champignon, Poisson in Your Veins and Losing Patience come along and your ears bleed. First two try way too hard to be uplifting and the other two try way too hard to be an anthemic arena rock song. Then you take the production into account and it becomes pretty disappointing. I want to rate this higher since the good stuff is among the band's best, but I just can't because of all the other stuff.

5. AB III

Consistency to a fault. Aside from Slip and Words, all the songs are so same-y quality and structurally wise it becomes stale. 77 minutes (bonus tracks included) is just way too much with so little variation. Very happy they never made AB IV, and I hope they'll never make AB VI or any other number.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

1. One Day Remains
2. Fortress
3. Blackbird
4. The Last Hero
5 ABIII
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:1 Dust
2 Fallout
3 World on Fire
4 Full Circle
5 Fortress
:facepalm
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The Plotblocker wrote:1. One Day Remains
2. Fortress
3. Blackbird
4. The Last Hero
5 ABIII
2 Fallout
3 World on Fire
4 Full Circle
5 Fortress
Why the facepalm, Plot?

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

1. Fortress
2. Blackbird
3. ODR
4. TLH
5. AB III
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
2. Fortress
3. Blackbird
4. The Last Hero
5 ABIII
2 Fallout
3 World on Fire
4 Full Circle
5 Fortress
Why the facepalm, Plot?
Why pick 4 albums not by Alter Bridge?
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The Plotblocker wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
2. Fortress
3. Blackbird
4. The Last Hero
5 ABIII
2 Fallout
3 World on Fire
4 Full Circle
5 Fortress
Why the facepalm, Plot?
Why pick 4 albums not by Alter Bridge?
It was a joke.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

You can tell it's a joke because Dust is #1. Ayooo!

Anyway, my list is:

1. Blackbird
2. One Day Remains
3. Fortress
4. AB III
5. The Last Hero
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

1. Fortress
2. Blackbird
3. One Day Remains
4. ABIII
5. The Last Hero

I wanted to like The Last Hero, but I just don't. The album sounds generic, minus a few good tracks. Show Me a Leader, Cradle to the Grave, Island of Fools, and The Last Hero are the standout tracks to me. The rest are pretty meh.

And I have no idea why My Champion was chosen as a single, because it's possibly the worst song that AB has released (ever). It's boring and almost falls into the pop category.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:You can tell it's a joke because Dust is #1. Ayooo!

Anyway, my list is:

1. Blackbird
2. One Day Remains
3. Fortress
4. AB III
5. The Last Hero
Wow Timo why you throwing shade at Dust?!

Fortress
ABIII
The Last Hero
Blackbird
One Day Remains

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

1. Blackbird
2. Fortress
3. One Day Remains
4. AB III
5. The Last Hero

If Slip wasn't on AB III, that album would be last. That's the only song that makes the album as a whole just outrank The Last Hero for me.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Fortress
Blackbird
The Laat Hero
AB III
One Day Remains

PiggySmallz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PiggySmallz »

1.) Blackbird
2.) AB III
3.) One Day Remains
4.) The Last Hero (I really like this album a lot though)
5.) Fortress

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

1) Fortress
2) AB3
3) Blackbird
4) ODR
5) Last Hero

ElliotYork
Brand New Start

Post by ElliotYork »

1. Fortress - This is peak Alter Bridge. Every band member stepped it up big time on this record and they really made strides with their arrangements and being more progressive and unpredictable. Cry of Achilles and Fortress are both top 5 (possible even top 3) AB tracks, and are true progressive epics. Other tracks such as Bleed It Dry, Lover, Calm The Fire and Waters Rising all incorporate unexpected elements as well. Mark's solo in Bleed It Dry is easily the best he has ever done, and we really got to glimpse how awesome Myles' lead work is on a few songs. I remember listening to this album for the first time and every single track gave me something new. It was everything I hoped for and more. There's honestly not a single filler track on this record, and the only one I find myself skipping occasionally is All Ends Well - not because it's a bad ballad (it's ok, not their best), but more because I find it awkwardly placed. After the super high energy of Farther Than The Sun and Cry A River I find myself wanting to jump straight into the grandiosity of Fortress. I find All Ends Well distracts from that a little, but that is really the most minor of faults. I also feel the mix was pretty good on this album. Guitars sounded clear but punchy, drums had weight to them and bass was pretty audible. There really is much to fault with this album; it's about as close to a perfect hard-rock/metal album as you can get.

2. The Last Hero - Now this one is tricky, because in a similar ranking I did a couple days ago I had this down in third place. But that is a testament to how highly I regard every AB album and how close they truly are in my rankings. But some heavy listening over the past few days has elevated this into my #2 place for now. This album has all of the musical prowess of Fortress but without the consistency. This Side of Fate and The Last Hero are every bit as epic as Cry of Achilles and Fortress, and Island of Fools kicks more ass than any heavy AB track that came before. We all know how great Cradle to the Grave is. However, certain songs don't quite live up to that standard, as I feel that Poison In Your Veins and Losing Patience could have easily been b-sides (I thought the same of Twilight originally, but it has grown on me over time). Mark's solos are great, but lack a signature standout solo such as Brand New Start or Bleed It Dry. This is more than made up for by Myles' solo work, which is the best he has done in 25 years. His work on This Side of Fate and The Last Hero is godlike, and he also contributed some of the best riffs on the album. As has been noted by others though, this album does suffer from an undesirable production. The sound is too compressed, and there are many occasions where there is simply too much happening at once. Mark's backing vocals are buried throughout most of the album, and certain songs such as You Will Be Remembered need to be stripped back quite a bit to work as intended. I will say that despite this, the guitar tones are mostly pretty good, and sound thick and punchy.

3. ABIII - When this album came out it was my favourite AB album. That held true even for a little while after Fortress was out, and there was a time where I went back and forth on the too before permanently settling on Fortress. This album will always have a special place for me: firstly for being the album that converted me from an AB fan to an AB fanatic, and also for really nailing a consistently dark and moody tone (which is something I have always felt drawn to in music). I really don't understand how so many people seem to overlook this album, or consider there to be an abundance of filler. The weakest tracks on this album (in my opinion: Make It Right and Breathe Again) are no weaker than the weakest tracks on any other AB album except for Fortress). I suppose the only reason I no longer rank this higher is that it lacks a true centerpiece song to challenge the likes of Cry of Achilles, Fortress, This Side of Fate or The Last Hero. There are some that come close; Slip to the Void and Words Darker than their Wings are both amazing and near-perfect songs, but they don't quite encapsulate the same degree of a "musical journey" that those later tracks do. I also feel like this may be the most poorly mixed AB album. The drums are way too buried, and the overall sound is too flat and compressed. I believe this really hurt particular tracks such as Still Remains and Show Me a Sign, which are quite divisive among the fanbase but may have been received far better with a superior mix. There are also too many layers of Myles' vocals on some tracks, and the echo effect is overused on songs such as Make It Right. All in all, I consider it an underrated album and a very important stepping stone toward what AB became after.

4. Blackbird - I know this would seem like sacrilege to have listed down as my second least favourite AB album, but I honestly do love this album, and it's once again a testament to how strong I consider their catalogue to be. The title-track is a true musical masterpiece, and I consider it to be my favourite song of all time. I could go on forever about what makes that track perfect, but I'm sure many of us here are already aware. Outside of this, I consider this album to be the bands most polished effort. It was easily the longest they have spent writing and recording a record, and it really shows with how well thought-out each track is. There are a lot of interesting layers happening between Myles' and Mark's guitar parts, and just about every solo by Tremonti is instantly identifiable. I truly wish I could rank this album higher (and sometimes I do), because it deserves it, but I find it hard to put above what came after it. The band have truly progressed so much since Blackbird that certain songs on this album seem elementary by comparison. I don't mean to say they are weak (I don't consider their to be any weak songs here), but not as daring or interesting as those on later albums. I also feel like this album could have - and possible should have - been a little darker. If they used the original version of Buried Alive on the album, and put New Way to Live in place of either One by One or Break Me Down, this album could have taken on a much darker tone, and possibly jumped up to third or second in my rankings. The mix is pretty decent, but not great. The sound is quite well balanced and it doesn't suffer from too much compression or layering, but the guitars can be far too muddy at times. As it is though, it's still an amazing album.

5. One Day Remains - Even my least favourite AB record is still an amazing album, so it's with great reluctance that I put ODR down at the bottom of this list. Several tracks from this album - namely Open Your Eyes and Broken Wings - were what first got me into the band, and there's truly very little to fault at all with the sound or production of this album. Really, all that holds it back is that it is not a true reflection of Alter Bridge as a band. It is very much a post-Creed Tremonti record, and a solid foundation for what would come later on once Myles was incorporated into the songwriting and guitar playing duties. The dynamic between Myles' and Mark's playing, and how their different styles compliment one another, is (in my opinion) what makes the band so great. As this is not present on this album, I cannot reasonably rank it higher than any of the others. That being said, every song here is great and I do find myself really enjoying going back to it from time to time. It's just the album that I find myself feeling the need to go back to the least often.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

1. Pawns & Kings
2. Fortress
3. One Day Remains
4. Blackbird
5. The Last Hero
6. AB III
7. Walk The Sky
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs