Alter Bridge Summer Europe Tour 2017

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
coldenscence
Bought The CDs

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Europe Tour 2017

Post by coldenscence »

gbruin wrote: Stay after the show and meet them by the bus. It's much less formal and rushed than the VIP (but do that, too) so you have have a quick chat with each of the band. Plan on a late late night - but it will be absolutely worth it!
Thanks man, great advice! I haven't purchased a train ticket yet, since I don't have a clue on how far into the night it will last (including meeting the band at the bus). Can you give me a rough approximation? Apparently, the concert starts at 8:00 pm.

coldenscence
Bought The CDs

Post by coldenscence »

Tigra wrote: I would add: don't waste time making videos or taking tonnes of photos. Somebody will upload them to the internet so they will be available anyway. I have a feeling that making a video distances me from the show itself as if I were watching it on the screen and not participating because I focus on what I see on the camera and not on what's happening on the stage. And the final result usually was pathetic anyway because the quality of my photos/videos is a disaster.
That's definitely a dilemma! As much as your rationale makes complete sense, I cannot imagine myself not doing that. Especially since I am a AB virgin, and I need some materials to brag about among my friends! :D

But I will definitely tone it done. Thanks a lot for the suggestion :cheers

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

That's why I made my husband make the videos ;) ;) ;)

Yeah, but seriously, we just took a couple of photos and recorded a half of a song - as you said, to have something to brag about ;-) When I try to recollect that time, there is plenty of videos on yt made by people who were standing just at the stage and even one video of full gig.

Being an AB virgin myself until very recently ;) I can completely understand your standpoint, that's why I wrote "don't take tonnes of photos" because I know perfectly well that it is impossible not to take them at all :lol

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

I have met them only once after a concert (in munich last december) so I don't know if the timing is unusual or not.

But I got pictures with all four of them sometime between 1:30 and 2:40 I believe. I am sure about 2:40 because of the time stamp on the picture.
They came out more or less one by one with long breaks in between and took their time for pictures and to sign stuff. It was more than worth it for me to wait :)

coldenscence
Bought The CDs

Post by coldenscence »

Tigra wrote:That's why I made my husband make the videos ;) ;) ;)

Yeah, but seriously, we just took a couple of photos and recorded a half of a song - as you said, to have something to brag about ;-) When I try to recollect that time, there is plenty of videos on yt made by people who were standing just at the stage and even one video of full gig.

Being an AB virgin myself until very recently ;) I can completely understand your standpoint, that's why I wrote "don't take tonnes of photos" because I know perfectly well that it is impossible not to take them at all :lol
Well, I guess a good combination would be to record less-favorite tracks, and really immerse yourself into what you love best.

p.s: really feel for your husband! :lol I'll try to persuade my girlfriend to come with me, but she'll probably end up watching the show on my shoulders! Not a bright idea then! :humina

coldenscence
Bought The CDs

Post by coldenscence »

vChris wrote:I have met them only once after a concert (in munich last december) so I don't know if the timing is unusual or not.

But I got pictures with all four of them sometime between 1:30 and 2:40 I believe. I am sure about 2:40 because of the time stamp on the picture.
They came out more or less one by one with long breaks in between and took their time for pictures and to sign stuff. It was more than worth it for me to wait :)
Thanks for the info Chris. I think I'll buy a 4:30 am return ticket :cheers

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Totally depends on their touring scheme when they're outside. Can be directly after the show or it can take hours.
There are quite some venues where you can't even reach the bus because it's behind a closed gate or something..

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

coldenscence wrote:
vChris wrote:I have met them only once after a concert (in munich last december) so I don't know if the timing is unusual or not.

Thanks for the info Chris. I think I'll buy a 4:30 am return ticket :cheers
Yeah, what vChris said makes good sense. I would say they are usually out of the venue to the bus earlier than that, but just plan on it being late and you won't be rushed. If they come out to the bus sooner, you can go find some cafe that is open late and get a coffee while you wait for the train and reflect on the magnificence that is an Alter Bridge concert. Let the engineer drive the train and catch a nap on the way home. :rockon
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

coldenscence
Bought The CDs

Post by coldenscence »

RoelSmoel wrote:Totally depends on their touring scheme when they're outside. Can be directly after the show or it can take hours.
There are quite some venues where you can't even reach the bus because it's behind a closed gate or something..
gbruin wrote:Yeah, what vChris said makes good sense. I would say they are usually out of the venue to the bus earlier than that, but just plan on it being late and you won't be rushed. If they come out to the bus sooner, you can go find some cafe that is open late and get a coffee while you wait for the train and reflect on the magnificence that is an Alter Bridge concert. Let the engineer drive the train and catch a nap on the way home. :rockon
It's really appreciated guys. Couldn't ask for better sets of responses :cheers

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Let us know how it goes!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

coldenscence wrote:p.s: really feel for your husband! :lol I'll try to persuade my girlfriend to come with me, but she'll probably end up watching the show on my shoulders! Not a bright idea then! :humina
looool that killed me :lol :lol :lol
In such case you're right, better leave her at home :lol

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Tour starts this Saturday, first headline show will be over in exactly one week.. Looking forward!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

RoelSmoel wrote:Tour starts this Saturday, first headline show will be over in exactly one week.. Looking forward!
Damn, totally missed that it's Rock am Ring time again. This year without backpacks on the festival area, lol.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Terror Alert at Rock am Ring. The festival will be intermitted until tomorrow. Hopefully this is a false alarm (not only because i want some new AB Pro Shot).

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Just heard that too. Hope nobody gets harmed...

But at the end of the day it is anyway terrorists' victory. They managed to destroy our usual way of living.

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

Watched live stream of some German band while waiting for Liam Gallagher and some dudes came on stage to announce it. It was really strange but looks like people there were calm and nothing went wrong after that. There will be a press conference tomorrow morning about the situation

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

It seems it will continue as planned. Despite extensive searches done by the police, the atmosphere of threat and risk will remain, I'm afraid. Let's hope the place is safe indeed and the people may have fun now.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

From today's set at Rock im Park:
- Come to Life
- Farther Than the Sun
- Addicted to Pain
- Ghost of Days Gone By

- Cry of Achilles
- Island of Fools
- Ties That Bind
- Waters Rising
- Isolation
- Blackbird
- Metalingus
- Show Me a Leader
- Rise Today

13 songs.. Sounds promising!!

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Blackbird? Really? This bugged me when they played this the last time at RaR.