Alter Bridge Summer Europe Tour 2017

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Alter Bridge Summer Europe Tour 2017

Post by abw1987 »

piji78 wrote:hi everybody,

I m going to ab concert in pratlenn today with meet and greet. i don t have any information about the hour of the soundcheck.. anyone knows ?
I don't have any specifics but I believe you would've gotten an email sent to whichever email account you used to buy the meet & greet ticket. Maybe check your spam folder?

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

Very small and intimate show at the end of the tour. Small venue, outside, perfect weather, max. 1'000 people i would say. The atmosphere was so great, Myles decided to play Wonderful Life and Watch Over You accoustic. Myles even said their guy on the mixer is extremely talented in breakdancing, and they started to play a catchy melody. The crowd was reacting well and the guy really breakdanced a little bit. It was so funny.
They didn't play This Side Of Fate, but Island Of Fools, Cry Of Achilles, TLH, Blackbird, Open Your Eyes etc. It was a great summer night!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

The Last Hero? Damn they haven't played that in a while!

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:The Last Hero? Damn they haven't played that in a while!
Sooorrry, it's morning here and I didn't sleep long enough, had to go to work :rolleyes
Of course not TLH, I meant SMAL. Sorry, again...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Thomz87 wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:The Last Hero? Damn they haven't played that in a while!
Sooorrry, it's morning here and I didn't sleep long enough, had to go to work :rolleyes
Of course not TLH, I meant SMAL. Sorry, again...
:slam :facepalm

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

Why have they taken TLH out of the rotation??!??!?!?! Put it back in!!!! Now I feel so lucky to have actually seen it live. It was awesome if anybody is wondering.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

The setlist from their final show of the tour in Pratteln, Switzerland:

Come To Life
Writing On The Wall
Addictet To Pain
Farther Than The Sun
Ghost Of Days Gone By
Cry Of Achilles
My Champion
Ties That Bind
Island Of Fools
Waters Rising
Wonderful Life (acoustic)
Watch Over You (acoustic)
Isolation
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes
Metalingus
Show Me A Leader
Rise Today

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

New dates tour

Budapest Sports Arena :eek

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

They do make smallers shows there too, they put stage in the middle of an arena and make it like 5k capacity (or whatever). I know they did it for Slash 2 years ago but I think that's still way too big. Maybe my northern friends will surprise me :lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

They're going back to Portugal, good!

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

Switzerland again, yes!!! :)
This will be my fourth AB show this year, after Basel, Pratteln and The Royal Albert Hall in London :lol
What a year! :cheers

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

Nicklord wrote:They do make smallers shows there too, they put stage in the middle of an arena and make it like 5k capacity (or whatever). I know they did it for Slash 2 years ago but I think that's still way too big. Maybe my northern friends will surprise me :lol
They did the same in the Hallenstadion in Zürich, and in the St.Jakobshalle in Basel. I think smaller venues ar better, also regarding the quality of the music.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

This is huge:

Alter Bridge recently announced its special Royal Albert Hall shows for early October, which sold out extremely fast, followed by additional U.K. and Ireland dates. Due to the great demand to get them back to Europe's mainland, the band now can proudly announce "The Last Hero" tour all across Europe. Starting in Paris at the Elysee Montmartre, the trek leads Alter Bridge from France to the Netherlands, from Germany over Austria to Poland, Hungary, Switzerland all the way down to Spain and Portugal, where they also ended their last tour just a couple of days ago.

In case you saw Alter Bridge live on this past tour or at any of the summer festivals, the band's upcoming tour will see them playing a totally different set.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alter- ... 6mGGWGe.99

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I take anything from Blabbermouth with a grain of salt. That stated. I mean if they are going to rehearse and play any deep cuts for the Royal Albert Hall shows, they might as well play them in Mainland Europe. Still, they are hitting the areas that they did not hit in last year's Europe headlining tour (Paris, Hungary, Portugal, Edinburgh, etc.).

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

No Italy, heh?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

They had every chance to see them, but didn't and AB got downgraded in venue in the summer shows as a result. Oh well.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

anguyen92 wrote:They had every chance to see them, but didn't and AB got downgraded in venue in the summer shows as a result. Oh well.
Yep, that's a pretty consequent decision tho. They could have played some small club in a bigger town instead of getting immediately rid of Italy. :/

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

If I can get the days off then in addition to RAH on October 2nd I'll be doing the German leg and of course the Swiss gig. Can't wait! :)

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:They had every chance to see them, but didn't and AB got downgraded in venue in the summer shows as a result. Oh well.
Yep, that's a pretty consequent decision tho. They could have played some small club in a bigger town instead of getting immediately rid of Italy. :/
I was afraid they would skip Switzlerland as well. At the last gig here in July were maybe 1'000 people, maximum. But on the other hand I guess you can still do a good show financially here with the ticket prices. Anyway, I am happy they decided not to skip Switzerland.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
Had to wait a few days to give this post out in response. Yeah, they could have played another show in a big town. I don't know too much about Italy geography, but they still did not technically play Rome, Italy and they could have filled out a nice sizable 2-3k people theater there.

I think AB, in general, have no quarrels in whatever country or city that they play in for a tour. They know there are all kinds of cities and fanbases all over the world that wants to see them for a headlining show. One of the countries, Poland, really wanted to see AB at a headlining show for a long time and now they got a chance to see them in two shows in The Last Hero tour. I was also surprised that they did a down under headlining tour, since they would usually do Soundwave festival (which is no more) as the down under part of the tour. It just has to feasible in a business sense. Are the promoters willing to pay their booking fee to book them in a show and is the potential revenue more than the potential expenses? I do think AB is pretty flexible to a degree when it comes to things like that.

I mean if AB want to play Italy in the fall tour, they would suggest it out there with their managers. However, I do think that Italian promoters looked at the attendance of the shows in Italy, especially the summer shows, and probably think, "All right, I think that's probably enough AB shows in Italy for this album cycle. Let's wait until the next album cycle before bringing them back to these parts."

It's rough for the fanbases if they don't get to see AB at a headlining show (and I'm not just speaking about Italy, but like other parts of South America and Europe and South Africa and Asia, etc. that wants to see AB), but that's just business.

On the other hand, I am really surprised on how many Germany headlining shows they've done this tour. Five shows in 2016, one in the summer tour, and three more in the fall 2017 tour and those are pretty decent venues.