Best Alter Bridge Album

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

Best Alter Bridge Album

One Day Remains
20%
Blackbird
28%
AB III
9%
Fortress
36%
The Last Hero
8%

Total votes: 76

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: Best Alter Bridge Album

Post by AllC392Was »

Fortress all the way. you've got so much diversity with the 2 epics, Mark singing on lead vocals, songs like Lover, Calm The Fire which are the type of songs that AB haven't gone to in awhile, and my favorite... Peace is Broken which is in my top 3 AB songs

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

For me it's:
One Day Remains > Fortress >> Blackbird >> ABIII > The Last Hero
:yeahthat

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

For me I'd say it's:
Fortress>=Blackbird>The Last Hero>ABIII>=ODR

And I've been a fan since day 1 following Mark, Flip, and Brian over from Creed...so not all older fans like ODR the most.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Blackbird wrote:
Arctic wrote:Agreed. It's still their best album all the way through. The first four songs are the best grouping of songs I've ever heard. Not a weak track there.
The first four tracks from Fortress easily beat those from Blackbird. CTL and BNS are amazing, TTB is really good as well, but they're all not as good as CoA, Bleed It Dry or Lover, and Buried Alive is easily the worst song on Blackbird.
I don't really like Bleed It Dry as much as other people do. The solo is one of Marks best, but it doesn't fit the rest of the song. Put that solo in a nice ballad and maybe I'd agree. Also Buried Alive is one of my favorite AB songs ever, but maybe I'm in the minority on that.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

VigilantSteve wrote:For me I'd say it's:

And I've been a fan since day 1 following Mark, Flip, and Brian over from Creed...so not all older fans like ODR the most.
Agreed, my exact order. I love ODR, but it's basically a rough draft of what the band would become once Myles put his style into it from Blackbird on. It has some really great songs but I can't put it over any of the other albums.

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

Blackbird wrote:
Arctic wrote:Agreed. It's still their best album all the way through. The first four songs are the best grouping of songs I've ever heard. Not a weak track there.
The first four tracks from Fortress easily beat those from Blackbird. CTL and BNS are amazing, TTB is really good as well, but they're all not as good as CoA, Bleed It Dry or Lover, and Buried Alive is easily the worst song on Blackbird.
Addicted to Pain and Bleed It Dry are both bottom 10 AB songs for me. Too Disturbed/Avenged Sevenfold.

I'm with Arctic. Those first four songs, plus Blackbird and White Knuckles later on, with Coming Home and One By One along for the ride alongside two bonus tracks that are better than most of their album material. The only way to improve that album would've been to drop the two lead singles, which kinda sums up this band's early luck with labels and promotion.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

Buffon wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Addicted to Pain and Bleed It Dry are both bottom 10 AB songs for me. Too Disturbed/Avenged Sevenfold.

I'm with Arctic. Those first four songs, plus Blackbird and White Knuckles later on, with Coming Home and One By One along for the ride alongside two bonus tracks that are better than most of their album material. The only way to improve that album would've been to drop the two lead singles, which kinda sums up this band's early luck with labels and promotion.
Bleed It Dry a bottom 10 AB song? Not even close! The meaningful lyrics, the change from highspeed to melancholic and back, the wonderful solo - I would rank it rather in better half of AB songs. I love it how different music tastes are :)

I am with you about Addicted To Pain, and Isolation as well in my opinion. Oh, and Rise Today (please stop play it live... Especially not in the Encore).

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

VigilantSteve wrote:For me I'd say it's:

Same for me, and I am a follower since day 1 as well :peace

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

Thomz87 wrote:
Buffon wrote:
Blackbird wrote:

Bleed It Dry a bottom 10 AB song? Not even close! The meaningful lyrics, the change from highspeed to melancholic and back, the wonderful solo - I would rank it rather in better half of AB songs. I love it how different music tastes are :)

I am with you about Addicted To Pain, and Isolation as well in my opinion. Oh, and Rise Today (please stop play it live... Especially not in the Encore).
The lyrics are good, and the solo is definitely very good, but I think it's wasted on that song. This is a band with not one, but two of the most talented guitarists in mainstream rock right now; they can write better riffs than this in their sleep, leave the chug-a-chug to the aforementioned bands. The drumming is Lars Ulrich tier too.

Isolation is several steps above Addicted To Pain and Rise Today. A bit similar to while not being as good as Come To Life (I have ZERO idea why this wasn't the lead single from Blackbird), but you can't deny (and it won't be long...) that chorus is infectious.

Thomz87
Bought The CDs

Post by Thomz87 »

Buffon wrote:
Thomz87 wrote:
Buffon wrote:
Blackbird wrote:

The lyrics are good, and the solo is definitely very good, but I think it's wasted on that song. This is a band with not one, but two of the most talented guitarists in mainstream rock right now; they can write better riffs than this in their sleep, leave the chug-a-chug to the aforementioned bands. The drumming is Lars Ulrich tier too.

Isolation is several steps above Addicted To Pain and Rise Today. A bit similar to while not being as good as Come To Life (I have ZERO idea why this wasn't the lead single from Blackbird), but you can't deny (and it won't be long...) that chorus is infectious.
I know what you mean. But I think it really fits to this song, to the lyrics especially. I really fell the rage they want to express about how idiotic we treat our planet. And in the smooth parts I feel the desperation. Masterpiece to me. But I have to admit that I only want 1-2 songs on a AB album with this kind of music.

About the other part - I don't know. Personally I find the chorus of Isolation soooo boring and they repeat it waaay to often. But hey, that's just my two cents ;)

About Come To Life - I am totally with you :)

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Bleed it Dry is fantastic, something new for the band and they pulled it off brilliantly. The mix of the brutal and the beautiful really works for me as well given the context of the song.

Also (I think) one of the first Mastodon inspired riffs that Myles brought in, which has led to Island of Fools and all that gloriousness.
For all of the hope that it brings...

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

I'd consider Bleed It Dry potentially among one of AB's top 10 songs, personally. The whole thing, not just the solo section.

erau
Brand New Start

Post by erau »

Favorite to least favorite:

1st - One Day Remains...Most sentimental for me, and set the precedent for their sound which clearly established that they intend to soar beyond the limits of Creed right out of the gate.

2nd (tie) - ABIII and Blackbird...Both equally strong albums in their own ways. (The diversity of ABIII in the way it plays to emotional lows, highs, and everything in between is tempting to push it above Blackbird. But there's no way I can rate Blackbird as inferior to ABIII in any way...It's a solid, solid album in its own.)

4th - Fortress...Has many high points, but rarely makes my rotation...It just doesn't do as much for me as the previously-listed albums. I will make one notable exception though, which isn't even part of the standard track listing: "Outright" hits the spot every time.

5th - The Last Hero...After many attempted listens, it did absolutely nothing for me, which may or may not be despite its shrill sound quality. I was happy to have given them my money, as they were one of the very few bands whose new CD I'd have purchased before even hearing it...But in hindsight, I wish that money would have went toward another copy of a previous album instead. The Last Hero just came across as a demo-pressing in need of a full musical/lyrical polish, not the final cut of a group whose individual and combined efforts span probably over a dozen albums. It just doesn't have a place in my rotation.

Drumkidstu
Brand New Start

Post by Drumkidstu »

Fortress
The Last Hero
AB 3
Blackbird
One Day Remains

This was difficult to do. I love all the albums a lot because they each bring something a little different. I have been a fan since 2009 so not nearly from the beginning, but fairly close. I am a jazz musician by trade so I like their more complicated songs and albums. I also really enjoy their heavier songs, hence the liking of the later material.

Troops4Tremonti
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Troops4Tremonti »

Fortress has the most votes? Dude, that's crazy. All it really has is a bunch of cool intro riffs and average choruses throughout, save Calm the Fire and Addicted to Pain. Blackbird is legendary ya'll! But apparently I'm on an island :shrug :)

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Troops4Tremonti wrote: But apparently I'm on an island :shrug :)
Did you just insult us all as fools?

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Well technically, if he's on the island (of fools) then who is the fool? ;)

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Just save yourself.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

One Drew Remains wrote:Just save yourself.
There is nothing to hide but the truth.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

the albums rank almost in the same order as they came out. And yes like someone said above, ABIII is a great record and hugely underrated. Probably because they have never played many of those songs live. And it's also a long album and can drag on at times.

Blackbird
One Day Remains
ABIII
Fortress
Last Hero