Best Alter Bridge Album

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

Best Alter Bridge Album

One Day Remains
20%
Blackbird
28%
AB III
9%
Fortress
36%
The Last Hero
8%

Total votes: 76

AB23
Still Remains

Re: Best Alter Bridge Album

Post by AB23 »

The only songs I really listen to from TLH now are TLH, TSOF, and Cradle. Island of Fools had the opposite effect on me that most AB songs do. I immediately liked it on first listen. But the more I listened to it, the more I disliked it.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Jim wrote:Interesting to see Fortress winning this... We must have a lot of new fans on board!
I've been a fan since Blackbird and think that Fortress is their second best album (after ABIII), definitely better than Blackbird, although the latter obviously has the better title track. Don't think you can say that everyone who votes for Fortress here is a "new" fan, it's just a better album overall, especially than ODR.

Box Of Frogz
Bought The CDs

Post by Box Of Frogz »

Fortress
One Day Remains
Blackbird
ABIII

The Last Hero

Sadly, for me, The Last Hero is their first real dud. Feels like a rehash of Tremonti songs and even previous AB songs - like they've took on too much and burned out, all the progressive moments feel forced and unearned and Mark has hardly any presence.

Fortress, however, is it done right - never thought an album would top ODR but Fortress was bursting with great ideas and off the cuff creativity - the intro to Calm The Fire being an example of an idea that flowed naturally in the studio and feels completely unforced.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I really don't know... Love them all just as much for different reasons.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I'm going to go back through the track polls and score them 1-5 and tally up which album I like best.

I think I know the answer, but unlike much of America, I'm wiling to accept scientifically derived data even when it differs from my previously held subjective opinions.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

Blackbird all the way.

I don't care if they spend the rest of their career playing eight songs off it on every single show. There's a reason for it.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Agreed. It's still their best album all the way through. The first four songs are the best grouping of songs I've ever heard. Not a weak track there.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Arctic wrote:Agreed. It's still their best album all the way through. The first four songs are the best grouping of songs I've ever heard. Not a weak track there.
and then 6-8 are BTC, Rise, and BB. It's a solid album.

I really do love most AB albums, though. In my mind, TLH is their weakest but that's not even a slight to it. It's still a fantastic album on it's own and comparing AB albums to AB albums is different than comparing AB albums to other bands. Kind of like how you can mess with your brother all you want, but if someone outside of the family does it......

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Pretty much. The lowest score is give an Alter Bridge album is maybe 7/10.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Arctic wrote:Agreed. It's still their best album all the way through. The first four songs are the best grouping of songs I've ever heard. Not a weak track there.
The first four tracks from Fortress easily beat those from Blackbird. CTL and BNS are amazing, TTB is really good as well, but they're all not as good as CoA, Bleed It Dry or Lover, and Buried Alive is easily the worst song on Blackbird.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Blackbird is my favorite album, but AB III and Fortress have the strongest first four songs.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

One Day Remains
Blackbird
Fortress
The Last Hero
ABIII
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Blackbird wrote:
The first four tracks from Fortress easily beat those from Blackbird. CTL and BNS are amazing, TTB is really good as well, but they're all not as good as CoA, Bleed It Dry or Lover, and Buried Alive is easily the worst song on Blackbird.
Possible unpopular opinion: CoA is a fantastic song and a great opener, but is highly overrated on this board. STTV > CoA

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I also agree that Slip to the Void is the best opener they have...but it's also my second favorite song of theirs to Blackbird.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

The best album is Fortress. My least favorite right now is TLH.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

I absolutely agree that Slip is a better opener than CoA, definitely their best, and that the first four tracks on ABIII (which is my favourite album anyway) beat those from Blackbird. However, CoA, Bleed It Dry and Lover are REALLY slightly ahead of Slip, Ghost and AHIG for me, which is why I think the Fortress opening is still a little bit better.

TLH has the weakest opening of any AB album, that's for sure (even though I really like SMAL and TOS).

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

ODR is my favorite, BB and Fortress can go 2 or 3, but definitely agree that AB3 is 4 and TLH is 5. Only have 3 songs I consider great on TLH, and one of those and the one I have listened to the most is probably Breathe, which is from ODR lol.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Vaux wrote:ODR is my favorite, BB and Fortress can go 2 or 3, but definitely agree that AB3 is 4 and TLH is 5. Only have 3 songs I consider great on TLH, and one of those and the one I have listened to the most is probably Breathe, which is from ODR lol.
When I ripped my CD to my computer for The Last Hero, I re-tagged the Breathe mp3 to actually be Track 13 on One Day Remains (12 being Save Me). :lol

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

Jim wrote:Interesting to see Fortress winning this... We must have a lot of new fans on board!
been a fan since ODR... been following mark since creed. Fortress is the best album. From the substance of the lyrical content to the musical experimentation - while at the same time keeping the staple AB sound structure for some songs; it's just the most successful in achieving the best most even amount of these things.

I think TLH is the worst album. I think it has 9 good songs - out of 15. I don't like a lot of the lyrical content and I think the music itself just isn't as good as previous albums. It's not bad, but I am disappointment with it.

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

Definitely Fortress, but closely followed by Blackbird.

Fortress
Blackbird
ABIII
The Last Hero
One Day Remains

Still prefer TLH over ODR. ODR is good, but the band has come a long way since then. TLH feels more complete with Myles at guitar.