Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 08 (The Real One)

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 08

Poll ended at Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Down To My Last
7%
Blackbird
76%
I Know It Hurts
No votes
Waters Rising
6%
This Side Of Fate
11%

Total votes: 54

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 08 (The Real One)

Post by The Plotblocker »

The only ABIII song that stand a chanre are the ones that have nothing to compete with, ie WDTTW. The rest will lose because they are just not as good. Watch You Words dominates Show me a sign. No way i would ever vote that over Watch!
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

The Plotblocker wrote:The only ABIII song that stand a chanre are the ones that have nothing to compete with, ie WDTTW. The rest will lose because they are just not as good. Watch You Words dominates Show me a sign. No way i would ever vote that over Watch!
Watch Your Words is the worst song Alter Bridge have ever written by far. By the way, as far as I know, SMAS has won both battles it has been involved in so far - unless the AB nation has suddenly changed its mind, the only song that could dethrone it would be YWBR which is considered the worst song on TLH by most people around here.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Blackbird wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:The only ABIII song that stand a chanre are the ones that have nothing to compete with, ie WDTTW. The rest will lose because they are just not as good. Watch You Words dominates Show me a sign. No way i would ever vote that over Watch!
Watch Your Words is the worst song Alter Bridge have ever written by far. By the way, as far as I know, SMAS has won both battles it has been involved in so far - unless the AB nation has suddenly changed its mind, the only song that could dethrone it would be YWBR which is considered the worst song on TLH by most people around here.
Pretty sure you meant to say One By One there, I think your keyboard must be playing up ;) Watch Your Words is fucking pure beast!! That riff is dirty as fuck!!
SMAS is just dull and uneventful.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

The Plotblocker wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Pretty sure you meant to say One By One there, I think your keyboard must be playing up ;) Watch Your Words is fucking pure beast!! That riff is dirty as fuck!!
Haha, we could start a debate on principles here. I'd say that, while the riff is pretty cool, WYW has the worst verse, pre-chorus and chorus that Alter Bridge have ever written. Show Me A Sign in the meantime has one of the most intense atmospheres, one of the best solos Mark has ever written, and is an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I love Watch Your Words, it's a great song from start to finish. There are other candidates for worst chorus, pre-chorus and whatnot. And it's not WYW.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

I don't care what y'all think - track 9 is a tough one. But I think I know what I'll go with....and I reckon it will be the least voted for.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

BB.

If not for BB it would have easily been TSoF.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Blackbird wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:
Blackbird wrote:
Haha, we could start a debate on principles here. I'd say that, while the riff is pretty cool, WYW has the worst verse, pre-chorus and chorus that Alter Bridge have ever written. Show Me A Sign in the meantime has one of the most intense atmospheres, one of the best solos Mark has ever written, and is an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish.
I LOVE the WYW chorus and verses. SO awesome! SMAL has the solo, that is all. Literally nothing else special about that song for me. In fact I often skip it completely.
Lotha wrote:I love Watch Your Words, it's a great song from start to finish. There are other candidates for worst chorus, pre-chorus and whatnot. And it's not WYW.
YES!!! A top 15, maybe even top 10 AB song for me since first listen. Worst verse, chorus, and pre-chorus..... That's a tough. Though the album pre-chorus for Buried Alive is still a HUGE let down compared to the earlier version.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

How in the hell can anyone put WYW higher than SMAL? The atmosphere and the darkness simply pour out of SMAL and that bridge, which made me fell from my chair when I heard it for the first time. WYW has a cool riff but that's it.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

You do all mean SMAS and not SMAL, right?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Lotha wrote:You do all mean SMAS and not SMAL, right?
Ah yeah, you're right.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

And btw, I like both but WYW is a bit closer to my heart.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

I know it all comes down to personal choice. But you are all wrong. WYW IS the better song :yes

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

This Side of Fate is a great song as far as musical composition goes.

But my goodness, the first time I saw the lyrics laid out on a blank page, I was shocked. It's literally the same thing over and over to the point of near redundancy. When I listen to it, I can't un-see that lyrics page. It takes away a lot of the song for me.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm sure I'll come around. But I just haven't gotten into TSoF like the rest of you. I like the Queen part, but that's it.

I also like both SMAS and WYW. But I'm thinking of voting for FTTS. Then again, I'm a Fortress fiend, so it should come as no surprise.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

1 x 1

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

AB23 wrote:It's funny how people will die on the hill that ABIII is the best album, but then you run an exercise like this and it shows otherwise. I mean, even the people in this thread are like "damn... I hate to not vote for Down to My Last and This Side of Fate... but Blackbird wins."

Looks like the only ABIII song that'll win is WDTTW, and deservedly so. But still.
You might want to re-read my post excerpts on AB III here and here.
This is the album much like Seventeen Days for 3 Doors Down: nowhere in this album features a standout AB track that I would say is heads above the rest nor is of my favorites for the band itself, but I could listen to all sixteen songs (yes, including the bonus two) straight through without any issue, as every song feels like it was pre-arranged and laid down very well before being recorded.
AB III does not have my favorite songs, but it's like a NASCAR racer leading the season in points despite never placing the top three in races.
Yet it is still my favorite album of theirs as a collective whole.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Ah I see whose opinion drives the ABIII analysis

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I love ABIII, but I think I only voted for AHIG and one other song in these polls from ABIII.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

I am yet to pick an ABIII song in these polls.