Blackbird 10th Anniversary

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Blackbird 10th Anniversary

Post by The Plotblocker »

So next year will mark 10 years since the release of arguably Alter Bridges best album, Blackbird, and with it the opportunity for a reissue. DFo you guys think they should put out an anniversary edition, and if so, what would you like to see on it?

Personally I am hoping they do out out something for it, and I would like it to include all the b-sides, released and unreleased, plus either studio demo's of the early versions of Bitch Slap (Ties That Bind), Come To Life and Buried Alive, or pro versions of them live. Especially Buried Alive, LOVE the original intro and pre-chorus.
Also, a DVD included with the all music videos, and any of the songs captured at Brixton Academy for the original DVD release, preferably the full show.
I can't remember exactly what went wrong, but I was there and throughout the show they kept saying it was being filmed for a DVD, then when it finally came out, it was Amsterdam....... But the Brixton show was immense and I would love to see any of the pro shot footage from that night.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Re: Blackbird 10th Anniversary

Post by chtimixeur »

I highly doubt a reissue will come out, since they're not on the Republic label anymore.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they did a 10 or 20 date anniversary tour in the fall of 2017 in the UK and Germany.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

chtimixeur wrote:I highly doubt a reissue will come out, since they're not on the Republic label anymore.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they did a 10 or 20 date anniversary tour in the fall of 2017 in the UK and Germany.
I thought they got all their rights back from Universal Republic a few years back?

A tour would be nice, playing the whole album + b-sides would make it well worth the while too
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Can't believe it's been that damn long. I was 15 years old when it came out and I remember hyping it up on the board with everyone else like it was yesterday. Good times, man, good times...

Still my favorite record of all time.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Let's just hope they don't remix/remaster it. :lol

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Arctic wrote:Can't believe it's been that damn long. I was 15 years old when it came out and I remember hyping it up on the board with everyone else like it was yesterday. Good times, man, good times...

I remember thinking the same thing 2 years ago on the band and ODR official 10th anniversary. Like, shit, where did the time go. So many great shows and experiences in that time!

And yeah, definitely up there for me too. Not sure I could ever actually pick just one album as my all time fave.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Let's just hope they don't remix/remaster it. :lol
Yeah, that is definitely a concern. If they do have to, let someone not nicked named "Elvis" do it.

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

The Plotblocker wrote:
Yeah, that is definitely a concern. If they do have to, let someone not nicked named "Elvis" do it.
I think the entire band and Baskette should spend the anniversary day locked in a room listening to the album on repeat. If that doesn't get them to realize what an awful job they've done on the last two, all hope is gone.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Buffon wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:
I think the entire band and Baskette should spend the anniversary day locked in a room listening to the album on repeat. If that doesn't get them to realize what an awful job they've done on the last two, all hope is gone.
:yeahthat

Blade
Brand New Start

Post by Blade »

Arctic wrote:Can't believe it's been that damn long. I was 15 years old when it came out and I remember hyping it up on the board with everyone else like it was yesterday. Good times, man, good times...

I remember I first started college when Blackbird was released :lol.

Anyways, a 10th Anniversary release would be amazing. Like the OP suggested, maybe it could include some b-sides and a Blu Ray of some live performances. Perhaps even a picture book, and a signed lithograph. There are so many possibilities to consider...
Last edited by Blade on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blade
Brand New Start

Post by Blade »

Edit: Double-post

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Yeah, the bluray/DVD of live stuff should definitely be in there. Considering how many of the Blackbird tour shows were filmed (Something like 8-10 if memory serves correctly) and that we ended up with just the one, it would be nice to at least see a section of the best performances from the other shows.

DLTA
Brand New Start

Post by DLTA »

Maybe they could reissue the album (if they have the rights), but add one new song. Maybe they get the song 'blackbird' and just change it a bit, maybe add a couple of new verses, and a new solo. Then add it to the reissue.
:mkrules :mtrocks :headbang
:yeahthat :yeahthat

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Why on earth would anyone want to change Blackbird?!? That song is fucking perfect!

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

Buffon wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:
Why the band? They were incredible in Fortress. The only one that needs locking up is Elvis.

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

Fortress is also overproduced to hell, though, just not as mind-bendlingly awful as Last Hero. The songs sound fantastic live, the album version is more a brick wall of noise. Painful to listen to the whole thing, particularly with headphones.

I generally blame Baskette for it but he's been working with the band for a decade now, so the assumption is that they're happy with his work and him turning the unnecessary shit up further with each new album.

I also can't stand the guitar tone on Fortress and Last Hero, but that's more a personal thing.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Man I feel old

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Should add some more Blackbird songs to the set in celebration.

So where were we in the hype-cycle at this point in 07? Had it been recorded and did we know of the "The Epic" yet?
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ubik wrote:Should add some more Blackbird songs to the set in celebration.
Unless they play One By One, Wayward One, or Break Me Down, that's the absolute one thing that they should not do these days in their live set. In the tours prior to The Last Hero, they were playing 8-10 songs a night from Blackbird. Now they are only down to 5-6 during The Last Hero tour so far. I love the album still, but I prefer they keep it this way. Unless they do a longer show, like over 2 hours 30 minutes. Then they can go ahead and add more Blackbird songs.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Think you missed my snark there, Kev :lol

Though more Wayward One would still be awesome.
For all of the hope that it brings...