Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 05

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

BOTTN: Track 05

Poll ended at Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:11 pm

Metalingus
38%
Coming Home
30%
Still Remains
13%
The Uninvited
10%
Poison In Your Veins
10%

Total votes: 40

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 05

Post by The Plotblocker »

Jim wrote:Or they prefer the songs...
Then why not commented about why, like everyone who voted for the other tracks has done?
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

I didn't say people HAD to give their opinion. But is that not the enitre point of discussion boards, to discuss the topics?? I have only seen 1 or 2 members actually give reasons why they prefer TLH tracks over the other choices. I am not saying they are better or worse. I am certain I will be voting for a couple of the songs from it myself. But I will also take part in the discussion about why. And yes, I know it is each persons choice. But it would be nice to hear what they think, to get involved with discussing it, maybe even take something away from it that causes me to hear a song in a different way. That's why i join these forums, to discuss the things I love with like minded people. Anyway. no shocks here for the winner. Onto track 6....
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

I like Poison for this because it has a great bridge, awesome solo, and a nice riff. I like Metalingus but I think it's a bit overrated, and Coming Home is one of the few songs from BB I could never get into. The melody doesn't flow at all and it just sounds odd. The bridge is good but that's about it.

I think TLH has a shot at track 6 though, Cradle is one of the best songs they've done. A lot of people will probably vote Broken Wings but I think CttG is better.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The Plotblocker wrote:I didn't say people HAD to give their opinion. But is that not the enitre point of discussion boards, to discuss the topics?? I have only seen 1 or 2 members actually give reasons why they prefer TLH tracks over the other choices. I am not saying they are better or worse. I am certain I will be voting for a couple of the songs from it myself. But I will also take part in the discussion about why. And yes, I know it is each persons choice. But it would be nice to hear what they think, to get involved with discussing it, maybe even take something away from it that causes me to hear a song in a different way. That's why i join these forums, to discuss the things I love with like minded people. Anyway. no shocks here for the winner. Onto track 6....
I didn't see 15 people stating why they voted for Metalingus. There are less people voting for TLH songs, so there will be less people saying why they voted for it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Arctic wrote:I like Poison for this because it has a great bridge, awesome solo, and a nice riff. I like Metalingus but I think it's a bit overrated, and Coming Home is one of the few songs from BB I could never get into. The melody doesn't flow at all and it just sounds odd. The bridge is good but that's about it.

I think TLH has a shot at track 6 though, Cradle is one of the best songs they've done. A lot of people will probably vote Broken Wings but I think CttG is better.
I feel exactly the same about Metalingus. I love the song, but it is no where near as good as the hype surrounding it suggests. I must admit PIYV is growing on me a lot. It wasn't one of the songs that jumped out at me at first. But the chorus is so insanely catchy, and the solo is awesome.
I think CTTG may get my vote on 6 too. Broken Wings is great, but I rarely listen to it these unless playing the album through. But TPIB and BTC do stand a good chance too. BTC was the first track from Blackbird I heard and I loved it straight away, and Peace is just unrelenting from start to finish.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Jim wrote:Or they prefer the songs...
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Glad people are coming around to Poison. I put it in my top 5 in The Last Hero tracks thread but didn't have a lot of company there lol. I probably would have voted Metalingus if I'd gotten to this poll before it closed, but I can see why some are voting for TLH songs. AB has given us a lot more choice recently, and choice is good.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

This one is the first out of 5 I've agreed with.

Rock on, Metalingus. :rockon

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

Where the frick is track 6?!?! I've been waiting two whole days already!!!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

cajmoyper wrote:Where the frick is track 6?!?! I've been waiting two whole days already!!!
Jim asked me whether he can pick the whole thing up, and I obviously said yes because it's his project after all, so there will be no track 6 done by me. You'll have to wait until Jim creates the thread ^^

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Yeah, make with track 6 already!

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Well then Jim needs to get his shit together. Cos so far you were doing a much better job ;) LOL

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Well, he's not been online since Monday to read my reply. If nothing changes for a few more hours (until I'm back home), I'll post the next topic and let him take over for the one after that.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Dear The Plotblocker..

Breathe

Jim x

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Dear Jim

Sense the tone.

The Plotblocker x

;)

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

How the hell is Coming Home doing so well?Bottom 3 song of the entire catalogue for me with their most boring chorus and dull bridge

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Raven wrote:How the hell is Coming Home doing so well?Bottom 3 song of the entire catalogue for me with their most boring chorus and dull bridge
different strokes.

I enjoy Coming Home but didn't vote for it. I do actually wish Poison in Your Veins fared a little better.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Coming Home's chorus is quite original when it comes to AB, which says a lot about this track.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Dolo wrote:Coming Home's chorus is quite original when it comes to AB, which says a lot about this track.
Yeah, a lot of people seem to miss the chorus though, hence so many reviews of SMAL spoke of that chorus as if it was the first time they did something like that. Coming Home was just a stand out track on Blackbird from the first listen. Much like Coeur D'Alene on ABIII, which I just realised will be the only ABIII song in this thing that definitely gets my vote. Yes yes, I know, Fortress blah blah epic whatever. But that song has just never really hooked me in the way Coeur did from the very first listen.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Coeur was always so bland to me :D
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ