Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 05

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

BOTTN: Track 05

Poll ended at Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:11 pm

Metalingus
38%
Coming Home
30%
Still Remains
13%
The Uninvited
10%
Poison In Your Veins
10%

Total votes: 40

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 05

Post by The Plotblocker »

Definitely gonna be between Metalingus and Coming Home here. I see Metalingus winning as, due to The Edge using it as his theme for so many years, it has laways been their most well known song and the one that got a lot of people into the band. But for me the clear choice is Coming Home. Truly love that song and find it to be one of their more underrated songs.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Felypesh wrote:Fucking love Coming Home, but Metalingus is superb
This

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I voted for Still Remains. It's on par with Metalingus for me, but I knew that basically everyone is going to vote for Metalingus...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Well, it's tied right now, which I'm really surprised with.. Last time Metalingus won with almost double the amount of votes of Coming Home.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

AllC392Was wrote:first to choose Still Remains

You must carry on if you must go your way
Go embrace my heart
Your free will still remains

This song meant a lot to me during a rough time. One of my favorite heavy bridges too
Hey, I think we are the same person.

ABIII in general carried me through tough times. Everytime I listen to it it always feels like coming home to me. (no Blackbird related pun intended)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Coming Home is a fine track.

But it's not Metalingus.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

The Coming Home bridge is so necessary right now.
For all of the hope that it brings...

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Wow I'm surprised Coming Home is doing this well. It's a good track but I'd put it last out of these. All strong tracks but had to choose Metalingus. Hard to vote against Still Remains as that's one of my faves from ABIII.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I think the same 4 people are voting for The Last Hero songs lol

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

AllC392Was wrote:I think the same 4 people are voting for The Last Hero songs lol
4 peopled named Myles, Mark, Scott and Brian........
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

No way are people choosing Poison over Metalingus...get a grip people!! Be interested to know the reasons for choosing Poisin instead of any of the others to be honest...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I voted Metalingus. But Poison would be #2 or 3 for me. Love that solo. The rest of the song is solid, just not spectacular.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Whoever the people are voting for TLH songs, I would guess they are doing it just to be different and or trolling. As not one of them has commented on their choice.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Or they prefer the songs...

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

The Plotblocker wrote:Whoever the people are voting for TLH songs, I would guess they are doing it just to be different and or trolling. As not one of them has commented on their choice.
I voted The Other Side for track 03 because it is an excellent song. One of the best from the new album and one of the most unique and distinctive songs they have done. All track 03s are great, and others like Brand New Start and Bleed It Dry contain some of Tremonti's best solos, but The Other Side stands out above the rest as a complete song.
Last edited by RuRo on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sunrunner1
Bought The CDs

Post by Sunrunner1 »

I for one just really like Poison's vibe and general energy. Despite the standard song structure it feels fresh to me. I'm not really sure if I can call it my stand-alone favorite from the choices, but it's up there, and I KNOW I like it better than Coming Home.

In short. Yes, I voted for Poison.
Destination Unknown...
We're Lost, But Not Alone

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

benjoAB wrote:No way are people choosing Poison over Metalingus...get a grip people!! Be interested to know the reasons for choosing Poisin instead of any of the others to be honest...
Wow, no way, eh? The horror of horrors, but Metalingus is among my 10 bottom AB songs, imagine that... My only choices in this bunch were Coming Home and Poison. The part of coming home I truly love is the bridge, and overall I like Poison more.
The Plotblocker wrote:Whoever the people are voting for TLH songs, I would guess they are doing it just to be different and or trolling. As not one of them has commented on their choice.
Out the five tracknumbers we have voted for I voted twice for TLH songs, TOS and Poison. I also haven't commented on my choices since track 02. You know, it's not compulsory ;) I really love TOS (my second choice would have been Ghost) and I already explained why I chose Poison. Just because people's tastes vastly differ, doesn't mean we are trolling or want to be special snowflakes.

My choices so far have been
CoA
ATP
TOS
Lover
Poison

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Baloney. No one has to justify their opinion if that's what it is. If PIYV shouldn't be voted on, then it shouldn't be on the poll. It's like saying Trump can't run for presidency. Is he my vote? Hell no. Did he win the election? Hell yes. Do voters need to justify their reasoning? Hell no. Like this message board and the poll itself, us voters have some... erm... constitutional rights.

I could say the same thing for Burn It Down. Even your reason for justifying it won't make me like the song more. I think it sucks.

For the record, I voted Metalingus. I just can't get alongside somebody up in arms over another's opinion on a song.

EDIT: One more thing, I tend to think people point to a nostalgic effect more so than they do a recency effect. I can't count how many times people think they "recall" something to be better than it actually is, only to realize it's not after going back to it. I'm not saying that for Metalingus or anything, or for any AB song for that matter... but I think you'd be hard-pressed to say that a song on TLH, whether good or bad, is getting more strength for being newer. The one exception you could provide that would hold plenty of water in your argument is if those members haven't heard the other albums before, and therefore can only vote on that which they have heard. Kind of like the 18+ age for voting in the U.S.
Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

∧ You don't like Burn it Down? How can that be? You have no taste! :lol
/sarcasm, obviously :)

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Winner: Metalingus

Since Jim is back, he'll continue with the BOTN. Thanks for allowing me to do it until now, and also thank you for giving me the choice to finish it, but since you're here now, this project should be in the hands of its creator. :)