Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 03

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

BOTTN: Track 03

Poll ended at Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:36 am

Open Your Eyes
18%
Brand New Start
31%
Ghost Of Days Gone By
16%
Bleed It Dry
20%
The Other Side
16%

Total votes: 51

Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 03

Post by Ryan »

The Plotblocker wrote:Grrrrrr, so fucking hard to choose between Open Your Eyes and Brand New Start. Like, near impossible. Open Your Eyes is THE song that started it all for me. I even had a really dodgy early leak of it where the song faded out every now and then (including right at the start of the solo) for this ding dong sound to ring out. If it wasn;t for that song, I may not be here now. Both songs are epic and have amazingly good solos and vocals. But Brand New Start has just edged it. For me it is not just the best 3rd song, but one of their best songs ever.
But credit where credit it is due, this was a really tough choice and all 5 songs were close. Bleed It Dry is brutiful, love the bluesy middle section, and yet another insanely good solo. Ghosts is so catchy and always gets me smiling and bopping. Then finally the latest edition The Other Side, so dark and groovy. Love em all and, as other have said, would be happy with any the 5 winning.
I remember those fade out, dings lol. Everyone was so angry hahaha.
Photobucket cash grab.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I really struggled between Brand New Start and Ghost Of Days Gone By. The guitar solo of Brand New Start made it for me. Even though I really love the whole mood of Ghost.

Mr.Vlado
Bought The CDs

Post by Mr.Vlado »

I just cannot get into BNS that much and I am again so "surprised" that it will win this poll again, as it did in 2013. BNS is by far the worst of these 5 tracks for me (even though it's not bad or sth.), I like Bleed it Dry and The Other Side so much more - but that is the great thing about taste, it's not debatable and I love it :peace

The Other Side for me, Bleed it dry is a very close second. :rockon

nildiven
Bought The CDs

Post by nildiven »

All great songs and some of my all time favs. BNS still hands down for me though. The song was my 2nd fave (to blackbird) up until CoA was released. But that chorus and solo still always gives me the feels.

Green_Hammock
Brand New Start

Post by Green_Hammock »

How can Ghost be last! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Ghost for me. Just barely beating out BNS.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Bleed it Dry by a fair distance.
For all of the hope that it brings...

DMars
Brand New Start

Post by DMars »

Bleed It Dry

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Bleedy it Dry bc that song is heavy and beautiful
Thanks Timo!

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Ryan wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:Grrrrrr, so fucking hard to choose between Open Your Eyes and Brand New Start. Like, near impossible. Open Your Eyes is THE song that started it all for me. I even had a really dodgy early leak of it where the song faded out every now and then (including right at the start of the solo) for this ding dong sound to ring out. If it wasn;t for that song, I may not be here now. Both songs are epic and have amazingly good solos and vocals. But Brand New Start has just edged it. For me it is not just the best 3rd song, but one of their best songs ever.
But credit where credit it is due, this was a really tough choice and all 5 songs were close. Bleed It Dry is brutiful, love the bluesy middle section, and yet another insanely good solo. Ghosts is so catchy and always gets me smiling and bopping. Then finally the latest edition The Other Side, so dark and groovy. Love em all and, as other have said, would be happy with any the 5 winning.
I remember those fade out, dings lol. Everyone was so angry hahaha.
Ahaha, kinda glad it wasn't just me lol. Me and my partner at the time used to scream at every beep, yet we could not stop listening to it. Was so happy when the real version dropped and I could hear Myles awesome vocal into the solo :D
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

All of these songs are fantastic. There is no loser here.

However, I must go with the first song I've ever heard from AB and the one that brought me to them in the first place. OYE it is.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

BNS for sure. The first AB song I saw them perform live, and I remember the feeling that swept over me when we heard that live bootleg recording from Foxwoods or wherever back in '07.

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

As hard as this one has been, track 4 is gonna be a cakewalk for me :)

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

antiwal wrote:As hard as this one has been, track 4 is gonna be a cakewalk for me :)
Yeah, for me too. Don't know if we'll be on the same cakewalk though. xD

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

Blackbird wrote:
antiwal wrote:As hard as this one has been, track 4 is gonna be a cakewalk for me :)
Yeah, for me too. Don't know if we'll be on the same cakewalk though. xD
Agreed. Pretty sure my choice is gonna be everyone's else's last pick. Cough*buriedalive*cough!

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

It's really a two horse race in the next round. Most of the votes will go to either Burn it Down or Lover
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

antiwal
Loyal Follower

Post by antiwal »

As long as Trump gets the least votes! Haha see what I did there? Ooh politics shmolitics....

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Hmmm, #4 is gonna be another tough call for me between Lover and Burn It Down. Though I think I already know which one will edge it (Hint; it rhymes with burning clown)
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Buried Alive is one of my favorite Alter Bridge songs ever. It's a shame it's so underrated.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Arctic wrote:Buried Alive is one of my favorite Alter Bridge songs ever. It's a shame it's so underrated.
I've always really liked Buried Alive as a whole, but what's always brought it down a notch for me is Mark's lead line that he plays with wah during the intro and various points during the song. I don't know why exactly, but I just find that part annoying for some reason.

Awesome, awesome bridge though.