Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 02

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

BOTTN: Track 02

Poll ended at Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:16 am

One Day Remains
31%
Come To Life
20%
Isolation
18%
Addicted To Pain
22%
The Writing On The Wall
8%

Total votes: 49

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 02

Post by Blackbird »

Winner of Track 01: Cry Of Achilles (Fortress)

I'll shorten the duration for which the polls are open to two days. There was only one vote during the last 24 hours for the first track, so I guess speeding the whole process up should obviously not prevent many people from being able to vote.

The Last Blackbird Fortress Remains III.5
(what a stupid album name.)

01. Cry Of Achilles
02. -
03. -
04. -
05. -
06. -
07. -
08. -
09. -
10. -
11. -
12. -
13. -
14. -
15. -
16. -
17. -
I'll include a very reasonable hint that Jim posted three years ago: PLEASE DO NOT VOTE "THE LAST HERO" SONGS JUST BECAUSE THEY'RE FRESH IN YOUR MEMORY. PLEASE CONSIDER ALL SONGS AND HOW MUCH YOU LOVED THEM WHEN YOU FIRST HEARD THEM. TAKE YOUR TIME VOTING.

AHart96
Rise Today

Re: Battle Of The Track Numbers: Track 02

Post by AHart96 »

VERY tough decision between CTL and Isolation, but I ended up going with Come to Life. One of the first songs that got me into the band
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Hey. I'm the first vote. AtP all the way. I love everything about that monster. 2nd would be CTL or Isolation.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

This one is extremely hard... It's pretty much a tie between the first four.. Maybe Isolation takes the fourth place, but then it's still a three way tie between CTF, ODR and ATP...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Isolation for me! Proves that you can have a bunch of solos in a song and be a #1 hit. Also this was Myles first main solo in a song.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Writing On The Wall. Not a fan of One Day Remains, barely ever listen to it. Come To Life is extremely overrated in my opinion, one of my least listened on Blackbird as well. Isolation is good, but the chorus is where it falls short for me. Addicted To Pain would have been my 2nd choice, but really the bridge/outro riff is the only part that stands out to me in that song. So TWOTW it is.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I like TWOTW as well. Very underappreciated.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If we could just agree that Writing on the Wall is 5th then that would be fine enough.

Think the title track to ODR is actually one of the weaker songs on that album even though I love the lyrics. Musically, the riff is "impressive" but it doesn't do much for me.

Went with Isolation, although it was tough between that one and Come to Life.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Isolation, One Day Remains, Come To Life... all of them belong to my favorites. Addicted to Pain and Writing On The Wall are incredible songs aswell. I chose Isolation, this was the third song I ever heard from AB. I became a fan around the time the single got released. Furthermore the chorus of Isolation is just too catchy.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

UGH Come to Life vs One Day Remains.... Had to go Come to Life. I still remember my excitement when a Blackbird promo leaked. I've listened to CTL more than any other AB song. Almost daily. It never gets old.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

No brainier for me here. One Day Remains is and has always been one of my top AB songs. The riff is just so unrelenting and bouncy. Please don;t Isolation win this one, such a dull song.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

ODR. This one is easy for me. CTL would be second.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Isolation all the way, although CTL is a close second one. ATP is a cool single, but the riff is one of the weakest Mark ever wrote. ODR is also quite blunt. TWOTW is decent but I can't hear the guitars quite well.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

gbruin wrote:ODR. This one is easy for me. CTL would be second.
Yup, same for me.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

For me super-easy, Addicted To Pain probably one of my favorites among their singles.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Do we even need to bother with having the track 8 vote? Thinking it is pretty safe to just say Blackbird and move on the 9 at that point lol

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dolo wrote:ATP is a cool single, but the riff is one of the weakest Mark ever wrote.
Have you ever listened to Poison In Your Veins?

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

This is one of the hardest track numbers for me. I'm so torn between Isolation, Come To Life and Addicted To Pain because I love all three tracks. TWOTW is so much worse than all of these, and One Day Remains is a great song, but definitely not as good.

Come To Life is the first AB song after Metalingus that I really listened to because it stuck in my head after my first playthrough of Blackbird (the lead track needed a bit of time because, at that point in time, I was used to listen to pretty simple rock music like Linkin Park). However, my vote goes to Isolation. It's one of the grooviest tracks AB have ever written, and I absolutely love the chorus. Really, really close one though.
The Plotblocker wrote:Do we even need to bother with having the track 8 vote? Thinking it is pretty safe to just say Blackbird and move on the 9 at that point lol
I mean, This Side Of Fate deserves a chance. Blackbird will win anyway (and I'll vote for it, too), but TSOF could probably win the battle for almost every other track number. Same for Waters Rising actually.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

I'd say Waters Rising might get a couple of votes too.
Altered:

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Too me the only one that will challenge Blackbird is Down To My Last. I fucking adore that song. But it is not a touch on Blackbird and my vote will most likely go there. In fact I am already pretty decided on all my choices. Just waiting on each poll to go up.