Favourite B-Side/Out Take

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!

Favourite B-Side/Out take.

Breathe
6%
Save Me
3%
The Damage Done
13%
New Way To Live
28%
We Don't Care At All
2%
Never Born To Follow
11%
Zero
6%
Home
10%
Never Say Die (Outright)
8%
Symphony of Agony (Last of Our Kind)
9%
Watch Over You (Featuring Christina Scabbia)
1%
Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad
2%

Total votes: 127

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Favourite B-Side/Out Take

Post by The Plotblocker »

So you are saying you listen to that clip more than you listen to any other B-Side?

I didn't include it in the list for 2 reasons; the first being that the complete song is unheard. But secondly, I am pretty sure the song was never finished and that the ideas were worked into a song from the Tremonti song on All I Was, so no longer qualifies as an unreleased AB song.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

I actually think the ideas have been worked into Blackbird, the song, as well. Not in terms of the harmony, but the fingerpicking rhythm is almost identical to the Blackbird intro.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Blackbird wrote:I actually think the ideas have been worked into Blackbird, the song, as well. Not in terms of the harmony, but the fingerpicking rhythm is almost identical to the Blackbird intro.
Good point. I haven't read that anywhere, but I can definitely hear what you mean, very similar.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

DMars
Brand New Start

Post by DMars »

New Way To Live
Home
Zero

MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Blackbird wrote:I actually think the ideas have been worked into Blackbird, the song, as well. Not in terms of the harmony, but the fingerpicking rhythm is almost identical to the Blackbird intro.
Little bit. Hell, it even gives me a Stairway to Heaven vibe.

Also reminds me of the intro picking to Back to Me by 3 Doors Down, which of course was made well after Solace was ever made.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

I think we may have a winner here lol. Not by much though........ :D

Raven
White Knuckled

Post by Raven »

Never Say Die so freaking catchy

Buffon
Bought The CDs

Post by Buffon »

Disappointed by the lack of Zero love here.

Kick-ass riff, lovely groovy beat in the verses (I love that the guitars are silent, highlights the bass line), some of Myles's best lyrics that tie in perfectly with the rest of the album, and a pair of kick-ass solos in the bridge and outro. I think I read somewhere that the band wasn't happy with the chorus, which is why they ended up dropping it from the album. It isn't as strong as the rest of the song, but still works for me. One of the top five songs from the AB III material.

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Buffon wrote:Disappointed by the lack of Zero love here.

Kick-ass riff, lovely groovy beat in the verses (I love that the guitars are silent, highlights the bass line), some of Myles's best lyrics that tie in perfectly with the rest of the album, and a pair of kick-ass solos in the bridge and outro. I think I read somewhere that the band wasn't happy with the chorus, which is why they ended up dropping it from the album. It isn't as strong as the rest of the song, but still works for me. One of the top five songs from the AB III material.
I feel exactly the opposite and could never see why people like the song at all, lol. It's a bottom 10, maybe even bottom 5 AB song overall for me.