Alter Bridge New Zealand/Australia Tour April 2017

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Alter Bridge New Zealand/Australia Tour April 2017

Post by Timotheus »

Andy92 wrote:
Silvercreed wrote:Am i the only one who are disappointed with the setlists?
First person I've seen mention it on here...
Ha! Still more exciting than a regular AB setlist!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

They've been playing it easy since the AB3 days. Could they dish out a better "bigger" setlist? yep. But it is what it is.. I'm still shocked at how much they have been playing

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Maybe they rehearsed those songs and didn't like them live. One of my other favorite bands say if one of the five of them say "eff that song!" Then they don't play it.

Someone here said Myles told them TLH is a pain to play live. So this could be the reason. I do wish they'd play 6 songs a night. Poison would translate so we'll, and is ignored as well. It's a shame.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

All I'm saying is.. these are songs that are doable. I feel like something like this would work with what they normally play. every 3rd song me an epic of somesorts

1. Cry of Achilles
2. Addicted to Pain
2. Ties that Bind
3. Ghost of days gone by
4. Slip To The Void
5. Farther Than The Sun
6. Brand New Start
7. My Champion
8. Island of fools
9. End is here (2011 edition from Milan)
10. Broken Wings
11. Crows On A Wire
12. Calm The Fire
13. Writing on the wall
14. White Knuckles
15. I know it Hurts
16. Metalingus
ENCORE
17. Show Me a Leader
18. Last Hero

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I would be really upset about the set list if this same shit wasn't a reoccurring theme for the past decade. Now I'm just dumbfounded. Even if it's difficult to play... even if it doesn't sound great... who tf is marketing these people? I mean, band agency 101- when you do ALBUM tours, play songs off the ALBUM.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Idk what to say, guys. Yea, I'd love to see more material from their new album too, but we're talking about human beings with their own physical limitations and degrees of confidence. Some of these songs are new or very difficult to pull off live - we can be disappointed we don't see them live as much, but go easy on our favorite musicians!

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

The setlist is good. Could be better? of course! Its not easy to please everyone.
And they do a good thing when revisit other songs from the previous albums like Broken wings or BTC or BNStart or SlipTTV but i think they could revisit others.
They problably have a dozen reasons to not play them, even if we talking the new ones.

But whatever.. we, I will go see them anyway, if i have a chance.
They have great/epic songs. And i hope to see some of those one more time, especially The Last Hero!

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

WaywardOne wrote:Idk what to say, guys. Yea, I'd love to see more material from their new album too, but we're talking about human beings with their own physical limitations and degrees of confidence. Some of these songs are new or very difficult to pull off live - we can be disappointed we don't see them live as much, but go easy on our favorite musicians!
This is why AB needs to try to be more of a jam band for once and just record to tape, or at least to a computer with very little layering/effects. It would force them to write stuff that they're capable of playing live. I doubt bands like AC/DC ever had to second guess whether they could play a new song live... because they already did play it live when they wrote it.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Jaded Rescue wrote:
WaywardOne wrote:Idk what to say, guys. Yea, I'd love to see more material from their new album too, but we're talking about human beings with their own physical limitations and degrees of confidence. Some of these songs are new or very difficult to pull off live - we can be disappointed we don't see them live as much, but go easy on our favorite musicians!
This is why AB needs to try to be more of a jam band for once and just record to tape, or at least to a computer with very little layering/effects. It would force them to write stuff that they're capable of playing live. I doubt bands like AC/DC ever had to second guess whether they could play a new song live... because they already did play it live when they wrote it.
^^ This. So much this. I don't see them ever being a jam band, but I'm ALWAYS begging for less layering and effect. To me it's a no brainer as a way to make a band's sound translate better live. Effects are great for cool atmospheric intros and whatnot, but once the song gets going it should be as organic as possible.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

WaywardOne wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:
^^ This. So much this. I don't see them ever being a jam band, but I'm ALWAYS begging for less layering and effect. To me it's a no brainer as a way to make a band's sound translate better live. Effects are great for cool atmospheric intros and whatnot, but once the song gets going it should be as organic as possible.
It's just such a lame excuse to me of, "We're not sure if this would translate well live". It just feels a bit like false advertising. Here's this album that we're going to tour on but we can't play half the songs live because we wrote them for 8 guitarists to play and 16 Myles Kennedys to sing.

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Last edited by Torsten on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Torsten wrote: Image
Wow that thing is pretty... :eek

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Have we not beaten the set list debate to death by now? There is literally nothing new to say.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

abw1987 wrote:Have we not beaten the set list debate to death by now? There is literally nothing new to say.
You're right. It is getting kind of old. We should throw in some new songs... I mean, comments.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Tour is over! Looks like it was a successful enough! Anyone notice the same consistent lighting production for each show? Looked pretty cool if they did order a set for the tour.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

The lack of videos in this thread is disturbing. Furthermore: How big were the venues they played? American or European sizes?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ More or less the American shows. And like the American sizes, the major cities (Sydney and Melbourne) were probably the bigger venues of the tour (around 2k-3k people).

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Where's Min? I KNOW she was at all the shows! We need details!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I haven't seen her in here in ages.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23