2017 U.S. headline tour...........

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: 2017 U.S. headline tour...........

Post by AllC392Was »

I was at the show last night. They played Last Hero, Island of fools, Show me a leader, My Champion, and Writing on the wall from their latest record.

mradu1960
Brand New Start

Post by mradu1960 »

Continuing to play "Ghosts....", "Waters Rising" & "Rise Today" is a waste of three live songs :slam Each one is more boring "Live" then the next. And please ENOUGH of "Blackbird"!! Great song, but drop it for a tour or two :wave and give us a chance to miss it!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Ghost is a great live song. One of my highlights when I saw them in Brussels. It also one of the few AB III songs that still get played.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

I'm really disappointed by the lack of ODR songs, yes I know that record was 13 years ago, but I'd love to see some rare cuts like Shed My Skin or The End is Here. I've been an AB fan since the beginning, but was only able to attend the concerts until the AB III tours so I missed those ODR/Blackbird era shows.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Wow. They only played 16 songs in Atlanta. One night after playing 17 in Mobile. Is there something going on that we're not aware of?
To compare and contrast, here are two sets from their shows in Atlanta. The one in 2014 had 16 AB songs and the guitar solo (though Myles was sick that day and they had to make some changes since I heard somewhere that Fortress and Watch Over You was meant to be played that gig).

Addicted to Pain
Come to Life
Cry of Achilles
Brand New Start
Ghost of Days Gone By
Ties That Bind
Waters Rising
Isolation
Broken Wings
Farther Than the Sun
White Knuckles
Metalingus
One Day Remains
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes

Dueling Guitar Solos – Mark and Myles
Rise Today

Last Night's set. Actually, someone in setlist.fm that was there claimed that My Champion was played and someone forgot to place it in the set. That brings it up to 17 songs. 5 from The Last Hero.

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Addicted to Pain
My Champion
Ghost of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Ties That Bind
The Last Hero
Waters Rising
Watch Over You
Island of Fools
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open Your Eyes

Show Me a Leader
Rise Today
Last edited by anguyen92 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

mradu1960 wrote:Continuing to play "Ghosts....", "Waters Rising" & "Rise Today" is a waste of three live songs :slam Each one is more boring "Live" then the next. And please ENOUGH of "Blackbird"!! Great song, but drop it for a tour or two :wave and give us a chance to miss it!
Yeah, this is one of the few occasions, regarding Blackbird songs, where I'm going to say screw that. It's a must play song, Blackbird. Some people claimed that even though they have heard enough live versions of them playing Blackbird through youtube videos, live streams, DVD releases, etc., when they hear it live, they still get chills. I know I did when I saw them play it live in 2014.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I'd be fucking pissed if I went to see AB and they didn't play Blackbird. Just sayin'. But that's also coming from a guy who has the Blackbird tattoo.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

tzAB wrote:I'm really disappointed by the lack of ODR songs, yes I know that record was 13 years ago, but I'd love to see some rare cuts like Shed My Skin or The End is Here. I've been an AB fan since the beginning, but was only able to attend the concerts until the AB III tours so I missed those ODR/Blackbird era shows.
It's an unfortunate thing indeed, but I don't think they are going to play those songs in with the set times they are working with now. It may be a possibility if they ever do a tour with no opening acts and play longer shows (like 2.5 hours). That's something I want to keep suggesting to the band.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Thanks for the correction on the set. 16 is kind of short for me for a headline show. 17-18 makes me feel better about traveling so far.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Has anyone caught any rare songs or B-sides played? Such as Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad or Save Me? I'm not even sure Save Me has ever been played live?

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

ARTS has been playe once I believe and you probably can find it on youtube. Save me I think has been played a couple of time back in 04/05 and I believe it's been recorded(audio) at least once.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I'm sure this is old news because I haven't been around, but have they made it official that Crows on a Wire is a single yet? Because they have pieces of merchandise on this US tour that they're selling with Crows on a Wire with some alternate logo on it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I got to see them play Bleed it Dry last tour in KC. Like so many good Fortress songs, they only played it a handful of times.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Damn, The Last Hero AND Island of Fools in the same set, and they didn;t even play one of em at the O2..... Not that I am bitter about it or anything.......... :pout
mradu1960 wrote:Continuing to play "Ghosts....", "Waters Rising" & "Rise Today" is a waste of three live songs :slam Each one is more boring "Live" then the next. And please ENOUGH of "Blackbird"!! Great song, but drop it for a tour or two :wave and give us a chance to miss it!
Totally agree with you on Waters Rising and Rise Today. Personally I do not like Mark taking lead vocals in an Alter Bridge show. I am not there to hear him sing, that is what Tremonti shows are for. I paid to hear Myles's beautiful voice. Also the song is failr uneventful until the middle section, then just goes back to boring again. Rise Today has always been a weaker Open You Eyes type song for me and would much rather hear the later. But, I think it has the same deal as Metalingus cos of the WWE connections.
Blackbird is the one song I will say never to drop though. It is their Comfortably Numb, Their masterpiece. It MUST be in every set.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

The Plotblocker wrote:Damn, The Last Hero AND Island of Fools in the same set, and they didn;t even play one of em at the O2..... Not
Totally agree with you on Waters Rising and Rise Today. Personally I do not like Mark taking lead vocals in an Alter Bridge show. I am not there to hear him sing, that is what Tremonti shows are for. I paid to hear Myles's beautiful voice. Also the song is failr uneventful until the middle section, then just goes back to boring again. Rise Today has always been a weaker Open You Eyes type song for me and would much rather hear the later. But, I think it has the same deal as Metalingus cos of the WWE connections.
Blackbird is the one song I will say never to drop though. It is their Comfortably Numb, Their masterpiece. It MUST be in every set.
I'm with you on most of this.

I agree on your points regarding Waters Rising, but it's not going anywhere, as it gives Myles a nice vocal break part-way through the set. Here's an idea AB, play Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad in that spot instead. Serves the same purpose of giving Myles a vocal break, it's a rare tune, and the fans would love it.

On your other points, I have no issue with Rise Today remaining in the set, great freaking song. Metalingus and BB can also stay in every AB set ever, those are staple AB songs.

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Yeah, I agree with everyone else I'd be pissed if they didn't play BB. This will be my 5th time seeing them live and it's the song I'm still looking forward to and Crows on a Wire.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

mikeyd23 wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:Damn, The Last Hero AND Island of Fools in the same set, and they didn;t even play one of em at the O2..... Not
I'm with you on most of this.

I agree on your points regarding Waters Rising, but it's not going anywhere, as it gives Myles a nice vocal break part-way through the set. Here's an idea AB, play Ahavo Rabo Taco Salad in that spot instead. Serves the same purpose of giving Myles a vocal break, it's a rare tune, and the fans would love it.

On your other points, I have no issue with Rise Today remaining in the set, great freaking song. Metalingus and BB can also stay in every AB set ever, those are staple AB songs.
Oh man I would love it if they rolled out ARTS again. I think they have only played it live once their whole career, if that lol. Rise Today is a great song, I just prefer Open Your Eyes.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

I prefer Open Your Eyes as the closer compared to Rise Today that's just me though.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

I love Rise Today, Open Your Eyes, and Blackbird equally and they should all stay in the set.

And I love Rise Today as the closer, it has an awesome and strong ending.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

I saw a video on Ao12 with Mark and Myles playing a guitar duel. I could have sworn I heard mark play straight clean tones. Not the lower volume semi-clean that he has been playing, but straight clean. Can anyone confirm?