2017 U.S. headline tour...........

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: 2017 U.S. headline tour...........

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmmm. I know they played it in every headlining show in the US Fall Tour 2014, especially when I heard it in LA, and in the small Fall US leg in 2016, but they actually didn't play it for 3/4ths of the Spring tour in 2014 (Myles was sick though).

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Both Watch Over You and Ties That Bind were singles.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

So this tour starts tomorrow right?

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

Sweet! Looking forward to see what they will do! Maybe mix some different songs in from TLH that they haven't played live yet?

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

mikeyd23 wrote:Sweet! Looking forward to see what they will do! Maybe mix some different songs in from TLH that they haven't played live yet?
This Side of Fate, please!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I would like them to play This Side of Fate, Cradle to the Grave, and Twilight at one point.

mikeyd23
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mikeyd23 »

WaywardOne wrote:
mikeyd23 wrote:Sweet! Looking forward to see what they will do! Maybe mix some different songs in from TLH that they haven't played live yet?
This Side of Fate, please!
Yup, that's the main one I'd like to see, Cradle to the Grave would be incredible as well!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, here's the second set of their Shiprocked run, which I stated would be only an hour. This is a weird set even if all the songs are usual staples. Looked like they cut the soft stuff (Watch Over You, Rise Today, Ghost of Days Gone By) and opted to go more heavy (including Farther than the Sun and White Knuckles). Although, the first set was in a indoor setting and I'm presuming that the second set was in the outdoor stage. No Rise Today is a shocker though, but I presume it's just only going to be this show they didn't play it.

Come to Life
Farther Than the Sun
White Knuckles
Addicted to Pain
Cry of Achilles
Crows on a Wire
Ties That Bind
Waters Rising
Blackbird
Metalingus
Show Me a Leader
Isolation

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bri ... 8f882.html

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

I really cannot believe they went and played virtually the same set both nights at Shipwrecked. That is fucking weak imo. They should of used this opportunity to really mix it up and play 2 entirely different sets, featuring a couple of previously unplayed songs and a few that haven't featured in a while. But alas I guess I am asking to much of them now. The same songs as always it is........
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

The Plotblocker wrote:I really cannot believe they went and played virtually the same set both nights at Shipwrecked. That is fucking weak imo. They should of used this opportunity to really mix it up and play 2 entirely different sets, featuring a couple of previously unplayed songs and a few that haven't featured in a while. But alas I guess I am asking to much of them now. The same songs as always it is........
yep, and whats with Farther Than the Sun?

many more interesting songs on Fortress to choose from.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

jailman wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:I really cannot believe they went and played virtually the same set both nights at Shipwrecked. That is fucking weak imo. They should of used this opportunity to really mix it up and play 2 entirely different sets, featuring a couple of previously unplayed songs and a few that haven't featured in a while. But alas I guess I am asking to much of them now. The same songs as always it is........
yep, and whats with Farther Than the Sun?

many more interesting songs on Fortress to choose from.
Agreed! But they seem to like that one in the set as it gets played a lot.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Except when I go see them. Dying to hear FTtS. That way I can say I have heard them play half of Fortress live. Maybe next weekend in KC.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, the setlist in Mobile, Alabama. Nothing different in that one, but hey, AB is playing in Alabama, which is rare, so oh well. It's a decent balance between the songs that people should know well, the songs that AB loves to play, the songs people do want to hear, and a good amount of the new material. The problem is that AB put themselves in a position where they have such a huge catalog of great songs where playing 17-19 songs filled with staple tracks and new songs does not give them enough wiggle room for deeper cuts. Honestly, it wouldn't hurt them to not play Ghost of Days Gone By and Ties That Bind every night though. The rest of the songs, though, I personally think they can't cut anything else.

Of course, my answer to the sort of problem will always be I want them to play longer sets like 2.5 hours. I looked at the supports and Monster Truck and the Dead Deads shouldn't make a huge difference in enticing people to come to an AB show. That pretty much applies to any support band in the US headlining shows. I get that to fill the big theater/arena sized-venues in Europe, a good amount of people will go to an AB show if they have good support which they have got in the past (Black Stone Cherry, Gojira, Halestorm, etc.), but in the states, everyone going is going for AB primarily. Why not just push the envelope further and ditch the support in the states and play longer sets?

Here's the set

The Writing on the Wall
Come to Life
Addicted to Pain
Ghost of Days Gone By
Cry of Achilles
Crows on a Wire
Ties That Bind
Island of Fools
Waters Rising
Watch Over You
The Other Side
Isolation
Blackbird
Metalingus
Open Your Eyes

Show Me a Leader
Rise Today

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bri ... 8ff7a.html

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

17 songs is short.

they need to add Poison In Your Veins.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Poison would be a great high tempo opener.

I also think they could rotate Ghost ( it kills me to say that, I love the song) and Ties (which sounds sloppy live) with two other songs close to the same length.

Also glad that they seem to be rotating Island and TLH. Although the argument could be made that they should play both anyway.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

One Drew Remains wrote: and Ties (which sounds sloppy live)
The Tremonti paradox. Sometimes his tone is incredible and sometimes he sounds like a 14 year old playing his first gig.

The clean sound of Blackbird on the Amsterdam DVD e.g. always gives me a boner. And I still don't know how to achieve such a nice tone.

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

I got an extra ticket for the Chicago show this Wednesday the 25th. I'll be more than happy to sell it face value to a fellow AB fan!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Finally bought tickets for KC. No snow in the forecast for my four and a half hour drive. My wife got a good deal (no convenience fees) from a site called tick picks or something. GA was sold out for floor. Looks like they may sell out this 1400 cap venue.
Altered:

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Wow. They only played 16 songs in Atlanta. One night after playing 17 in Mobile. Is there something going on that we're not aware of?
Altered: