2017 U.S. headline tour...........

News and discussion about Alter Bridge. Get the latest updates here!
Drumkidstu
Brand New Start

Re: 2017 U.S. headline tour...........

Post by Drumkidstu »

Jhenrid wrote:At the show last night I noticed Myles only used 4 or 5 different guitars. He's retuning them as he goes, he even mentioned he was tuning in between songs last night. He has what looks to be 2 new McCarty 594's.
Yeah he has a guitar for full step down that he retunes the low string from D to C. And he has another one for half step down where he retunes the lowest string from Eb to Db.

Drumkidstu
Brand New Start

Post by Drumkidstu »

Oh yeah. New guitars for Myles. A smoked burst McCarty for the low Bb tuning (Bb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb). A cherry burst Custom 22. I haven't seen this one in a while. When I saw them in Royal Oak he played this guitar on Open Your Eyes and My Champion. A Black single cut that I have only seen on Calm The Fire. Two new McCarty 594's (those things are sick)! Two other single cuts. One was used on the half step down standard and dropped songs. The other was used for the full step standard and dropped songs. I haven't seen these much recently in videos either. Obviously he uses different guitars in Europe. This summer was the first time he started using two different guitar rigs. The guitars in what used to be his main rig are now on the European Rig.
Last edited by Drumkidstu on Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Keep in mind they also need a backup guitar for each tuning in case they break a string mid-song. So 6 tunings = 12 guitars.

Drumkidstu
Brand New Start

Post by Drumkidstu »

Mark uses 12 live. Here is a pic of Marks rig from the European tour. Mark uses literally the same guitars in both rigs. https://www.facebook.com/alterbridge/ph ... =3&theater Two for full step. Two for the low Bb tuning (Bb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb.) Two for a half step. Two 7 strings. Two in drop b. Two in open Db5. Myles uses different guitars in the US rig; however, I could only find pics of his Euro Rig, but the US rig and the Euro rig literally are the same, but obviously with different guitars. Here is a pic of Myles's rig from the European tour. https://www.facebook.com/alterbridge/ph ... =3&theater looks like 5 electrics and one acoustic. Then that Grey Modern Eagle as well on the right.
http://www.uberproaudio.com/who-plays-w ... l=&start=1
Another pic of Myles's main rig from 2011. These are now the guitars in the Euro Rig. (right to left) Acoustic open G. McCarty (The Mule) Bb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb. Sc250 for full step down. SC245 half step down. Red McCarty Open D5 and possibly other open tunings as well. A Sunburst DGT seen on rise today in a few youtube clips when they were still playing Rise Today in Drop D. McCarty Modern Eagle seen in the live at Amsterdam DVD in BADGBE for Coming Home and Drop D on Rise Today. Not too sure about the tunings of the DGT or the Modern Eagle currently though they are obviously still in the Euro setup. Possibly backups as well now.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

They will be in their homebase of Orlando, Florida for the Earthday Birthday festival. Decent line-up, I think. Three bands I like a good amount. How big is Sublime with Rome nowadays?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

RoelSmoel wrote:They're using different guitars for different tunings on this USA tour. Can't tell you which and what, but that's what I first noticed after seeing the first videos.
... And why? I mean, why would you switch your guitars when switching the continent? Logistical reasons?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think they have a different touring rig when they play overseas. Probably has to do with trying to travel lighter on international flights?

I just remember hearing Mark talk about having an A rig and a B rig for tours at some point in time.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Remember Mark was really excited about getting one of his guitars fixed up with one of those autotuners a year or two back? Did that not happen in the end?
For all of the hope that it brings...

Nicklord
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Nicklord »

anguyen92 wrote:They will be in their homebase of Orlando, Florida for the Earthday Birthday festival. Decent line-up, I think. Three bands I like a good amount. How big is Sublime with Rome nowadays?

That poster hurts my eyes and my brain. It's so bad

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

Both times I waited in line, first for the signing and second for the pic, I asked the guys to play TLH. The first time, Mark replied with, "Well, we didn't rehearse it." I scoffed. The second time I reminded them, they all laughed. Great guys. Needless to say...

THEY PLAYED IT!!!
:rockon
:peace
:headbang

And it was AWESOME! I wouldn't have been mad if they threw in some The Other Side or IoF. Or This Side of Fate. Or Fortress, Bleed it Dry, Calm the Fire. Wayward One, Words Darker Than Their Wings, or Show Me A Sign. Or Broken Wings, The End is Here. Still, the show kicked ass and though I ended up going by myself, I met a lot of cool like-minded fans and we all enjoyed the show.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Intriguing......

I highly doubt they announce a show in Anaheim when they have yet to play LA.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

You can always hope.

As for that poster, there are only 2 or 3 bands there I'd ever care to see.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

Hopefully the announcement is a DVD!!

Torsten
Loyal Follower

Post by Torsten »

Rock in Rio

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Looking at the line-up, the only suitable headlining acts that AB will play support behind looks to be either Aerosmith (since Aerosmith seems to have handpick AB for support on a lot of their shows in Europe, that will be the most likely outcome), Bon Jovi, or the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Unless, organizers wants to throw a massive curveball and have them support Lady Gaga (who Myles likes), or Justin Timberlake (who Flip likes).

WAIT, I just looked at the poster that AB tweeted and looked at the line-up. They said they will be playing on September 22. Bon Jovi will be headlining that day. Interesting. Well, hopefully, they get a good amount of playing time, I want to see the live stream.

Well, hopefully, for the South American fans, they get more headlining shows there and Rock in Rio is not a one-off.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread for this or not, so came here first. AB ANNOUNCED FOR ROCK IN RIO!!!!! I can think of quite a few fans who will be super fucking stoked at that news :)
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Felypesh
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Felypesh »

This must be the time or there'll be no other, hope they come to Chile :(

cajmoyper
Bought The CDs

Post by cajmoyper »

anguyen92 wrote:Looking at the line-up, the only suitable headlining acts that AB will play support behind looks to be either Aerosmith (since Aerosmith seems to have handpick AB for support on a lot of their shows in Europe, that will be the most likely outcome), Bon Jovi, or the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Unless, organizers wants to throw a massive curveball and have them support Lady Gaga (who Myles likes), or Justin Timberlake (who Flip likes).

WAIT, I just looked at the poster that AB tweeted and looked at the line-up. They said they will be playing on September 22. Bon Jovi will be headlining that day. Interesting. Well, hopefully, they get a good amount of playing time, I want to see the live stream.

Well, hopefully, for the South American fans, they get more headlining shows there and Rock in Rio is not a one-off.
Dude, I'm not even kidding...if AB and JT were in one concert, I'm not sure there'd be a better line-up. Except if you threw in Coldplay. Again, not kidding. This makes me like Flip even more. :headbang

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

More experimention with songs 7-12 in the set tonight! Played Calm the Fire and The Other Side, supposedly.

PRS10Top
TABN.com Citizen

Post by PRS10Top »

AB4Lyfe wrote:More experimention with songs 7-12 in the set tonight! Played Calm the Fire and The Other Side, supposedly.
nice! Hope to see some video of ToS. I would love to hear it live, but we got IoF so I'm not complaining!